08-04-09 01:38 PM
61 123
tools
    hey guys i havent paid for an app yet and quicklaunch seems to be one of everyones favourite apps. now i am very interested and considering dishing out the money for it... can someone please tell me why it is soo amazing and if i should pay the money for it?

thanks

david
    07-23-09 12:43 AM
    I think it's worth it. It makes launching apps, websites, email, phone call, etc. faster. Not everyone needs it I suppose, but it is helpful.
    07-23-09 12:47 AM
    There are loads of threads on this app. It's hardly gonna break the bank, so buy it & see for yourself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 12:48 AM
    I definitely think it's worth the money! It saves me time and it keeps me organized.

07-23-09 12:50 AM
    Best app that I purchased. Makes multitasking much easier.

07-23-09 12:53 AM
    Best app that I purchased. Makes multitasking much easier.

X2

It is even better now that you can have folders and take screenshots. All the little extras like current temp, time, and date make it even more amazing!

07-23-09 12:58 AM
    IMO it's well worth the small price...

Basically it allows you to configure a list of actions to a convenience key - launching apps, web sites, email/calls/txts, utilities, google/wiki searches etc directly from the list.
    these can be placed on the main list or organised in subfolders...

It basivcally cuts out all the navigation through homescreens and folders to find the app you're looking for, and you don't need to back out of one app to navigate to another to open - just launch it from QL from within the first app...
    As well as the list of actions you can choose from, you can also set keypad shortcuts to launch each item too.

On top of that there are a few built in utilities such as Re-set device (like quickpull), Screen capture (like capture it), Device info, a backlight on function and an app switcher (off the top of my head)...

You can also set QL to display the time and date, and weather info at the top of the list when it's opened...

That's a quick summary but I'm sure there's more... nearly everyone who uses it will tell you that they use it all the time and would be lost without it.

Oh... and the app is regularly updated and the support from the developer for any issues is second to none.
    07-23-09 01:01 AM
    #1 most used app on my BB. Can't live without it.

Support, practicality, quick, organized... What's not to like about it?

07-23-09 01:14 AM
    QuickLaunch is worth every penny! Hands down my most used app.

07-23-09 01:17 AM
    I wasn't a big fan at first because everything I needed was just on my home screen. But I soon realized that QL kept me more organized, I could reach specific apps faster, and I could clear my home screen for my WPs. Overall great app.

07-23-09 01:33 AM
    Quicklaunch was my first real paid-for-app Very, very happy with it.
    07-23-09 02:09 AM
    Paid for it, but not become a fan. Really got annoyed when I upgraded and I lost the settings and had to set it all up again. In the mean time I reorganised my home screen and quick launch buttons, and now do 95% of what I need to do with those in two or three clicks, so that's not too bad. I probably wouldn't buy QL again, but it's still on my phone in case I grow back into it.
    07-23-09 02:43 AM
    For 4.99, you can't beat the price for the usefulness.

I love it.

07-23-09 03:05 AM
    Worth every penny of the $4.99. I put very few extra apps on my Bold...WSJ, Viigo, Datavault, BBFilescout, and Quicklaunch. Best of all, just makes it easy to get to any file or app without having to drill down, can be tailored to your preferences. Do the trial, you'll never go back.
    07-23-09 04:32 AM
    I added Quick Launch to help with finding apps in my download folder quickly. It really works, and I love it!

When you think about what you can get for $4.99 these days - a good, useful app is worth the money.

Peace...
    07-23-09 04:40 AM
    Paid for it, but not become a fan. Really got annoyed when I upgraded and I lost the settings and had to set it all up again. In the mean time I reorganised my home screen and quick launch buttons, and now do 95% of what I need to do with those in two or three clicks, so that's not too bad. I probably wouldn't buy QL again, but it's still on my phone in case I grow back into it.
    QL ver 2.x introduced a QL backup/restore feature - so now you can save a backup of your QL configuration to your SD card and can now just retore your list after an upgrade...
    07-23-09 05:41 AM
    thanks guys! sounds good. think im gonna go download it right now!
    07-23-09 07:24 AM
    The appiclation is wonderfull. Why wouldn't you want to access your applications the quickest way possible? Worth it, so buy it. And next time, post this s*** in the right forums.

07-23-09 08:10 AM
    It's the most usefull app that I paid for it! I use it every day to launch my favorites web bookmark, folders and some apps
    07-23-09 11:06 AM
    Quicklaunch and BuzzBerry are my two favorite apps. And neither is too expensive but makes life much easier!
    07-23-09 11:24 AM
    it is for sure, I use it everyday all day. After a few updates quicklaunch became to be more then a quick way to access you fav apps but you can use it as quickpull (without schedule resets), tilt lock, screen capture and some other features... Is my fave app!
    07-23-09 11:34 AM
    I don't think so.. it makes only a few seconds difference on accessing an application.
    07-23-09 11:37 AM
    It depends on how often you find yourself going to the app screen.
    I personally don't like too many icons on my home screen and I don't want to navigate the app screen so quicklaunch comes in handy.
    Last edited by redzapper; 07-28-09 at 10:57 AM.
    07-23-09 11:38 AM
    hey guys i havent paid for an app yet and quicklaunch seems to be one of everyones favourite apps. now i am very interested and considering dishing out the money for it... can someone please tell me why it is soo amazing and if i should pay the money for it?

thanks

david

Only %10 of the features packed in QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe is worth more than $10, let alone $4.9 which is less than a fast food lunch price.

If you want you can also test ShortcutMe by downloading it's fully functional trial version from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

With ShortcutMe you can do for example the followings:

Double click right convenience key: Toggle Bluetooth
    Triple click right convenience key: Toggle WiFi
    Quadruple click convenience key: Toggle Radio (or toggle all radios)

Double click left convenience key: Call your friend's cell
    Triple click left convenience key: Call your friend's home
    Quadruple click left convenience key: Email your friend

Or

Conv. Key + T + B : Toggle Bluetooth
    Conv. Key + T + W : Toggle WiFi
    Conv. Keu + T + R : Toggle Radio

You can also check 5 days weather forecast for several cities or check stock market "temperature" by just clicking few keys (from anywhere)
    07-23-09 11:51 AM
    Only %10 of the features packed in QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe is worth more than $10, let alone $4.9 which is less than a fast food lunch price.

If you want you can also test ShortcutMe by downloading it's fully functional trial version from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

With ShortcutMe you can do for example the followings:

Double click right convenience key: Toggle Bluetooth
    Triple click right convenience key: Toggle WiFi
    Quadruple click convenience key: Toggle Radio (or toggle all radios)

Double click left convenience key: Call your friend's cell
    Triple click left convenience key: Call your friend's home
    Quadruple click left convenience key: Email your friend

Or

Conv. Key + T + B : Toggle Bluetooth
    Conv. Key + T + W : Toggle WiFi
    Conv. Keu + T + R : Toggle Radio

You can also check 5 days weather forecast for several cities or check stock market "temperature" by just clicking few keys (from anywhere)
    Remember this??

Regarding spamming and QL guys: Look at this (similar) thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/qu...h-tour-271602/

No ShortcutMe fans there.

Now, look at this thread and see yours and your bodies posts.

Stop doing that.
    Hmmm double standards??? This thread was asking specifically about QL, just like the thread you were talking about was talking about shortcutme... ;-) lol.

07-23-09 01:20 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD