I'm new & yall ppls have bben the best @ helping me get aquainted w my � so I'm reading all these posts bout apps & stuff & I notice this quicklaunch popping up. What is it what does it do 2 make me need or want it??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 04:27 PM
    Ql is great you can add any app to it, you open ql and it brings up all the apps you picked. It is a great app and you won't regret getting it.

03-14-09 04:32 PM
    You can even put certain pics, songs, web pages, messages

03-14-09 04:36 PM
    You can even put certain pics, songs, web pages, messages

How is that diff from me hittin the blackberry button from my home screen? That brings everything up

03-14-09 04:38 PM
    That will just bring up everything, you can't be in a web page and switch to maps that way, w/ ql no matter what you are doing on your phone, you have access to anything you have in ql w/o exiting to home screen

Last edited by rarud; 03-14-09 at 04:49 PM.
    03-14-09 04:42 PM
    And hitting "alt" & back button only brings apps up that are running

03-14-09 04:49 PM
    That only brings up apps that are currently running ql will start anything. Also has a google and a wiki search. Plus a ckock si if you are on web you can hit ql to check time

Hmmm... It doesn't take very long 2 start up the stuff I want neway. Think ill save the memory space 4 something else. Thank u sooo much 4 taking the time 2 answer my ?s

03-14-09 04:53 PM
    I thought it was going to be pointless too, lucky enough to do the beta testing,after playing with it I loved it, it was down for nearly a day and me and the rest of the group were pretty lost w/o it. In my opinion you won't regret buying it

03-14-09 04:56 PM
    Not only apps. You can set up one-click calls, sms, e-mails to a certain contact; one-click to a specific web adress; and it's just convenient to have. Sure it doesn't take long to get to those apps you wanna use. But later on you'll get tired of all the button presses and scrolling even with the homescreen dialing shortcuts. Even if quicklaunch itself does require clicking and scrolling, all your apps and stuff are organized into one list, which means you can press the first letter of each entry to navigate more quickly. So pretty much no scrolling and way less clicking since you can assign quicklaunch to a convenience key to go to another app anywhere! Like I said, it's just convenient to have and the one-click settings are necessary for some so this app is good for that. If you do a lot of multi-tasking, this is for you. If only they had a free trial...

03-14-09 05:18 PM
    I think it sounds pointless.. Hahaha, well its my opionion

03-14-09 05:20 PM
    It can open anything your phone can do, quick and easy

03-14-09 05:26 PM
    Not only apps. You can set up one-click calls, sms, e-mails to a certain contact; one-click to a specific web adress; and it's just convenient to have. Sure it doesn't take long to get to those apps you wanna use. But later on you'll get tired of all the button presses and scrolling even with the homescreen dialing shortcuts. Even if quicklaunch itself does require clicking and scrolling, all your apps and stuff are organized into one list, which means you can press the first letter of each entry to navigate more quickly. So pretty much no scrolling and way less clicking since you can assign quicklaunch to a convenience key to go to another app anywhere! Like I said, it's just convenient to have and the one-click settings are necessary for some so this app is good for that. If you do a lot of multi-tasking, this is for you. If only they had a free trial...

That does sound nice....but I'm still a newbie & they aint nothin bout my curve that's gotten old lol!! But I can c where it would b a little helpful but ur right if I could try it I'd prolly b a lot more likely 2 understand & appreciate its usefulness. Thank you!!!

03-14-09 06:09 PM
    Glad to be of assistance. I'm just rambling because I bought launchpads last month and quicklaunch wasn't yet compatible for 8320 until now. Quicklaunch is the best since it has a popup window and more selection as opposed to another window and you have to mostly manually input whatever shortcuts you want in launchpads.

03-15-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD