I had QL on my Storm2 and loved it.
    I don't have it on my new Bold and would probably have to repurchase.

Regardless, I miss the ql type app and when I went to app world I also saw this new app called bLauncher which looked pretty cool!
    So, I was wondering what the crackberry world thought of these two apps. What are the pros and cons of each? (I know pretty much what ql offers, but I'm almost positive its been updated quite a bit since I last used it).

Also, if there are any other apps like the two mentioned, don't hesitate to tell me about them!

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 04:32 AM
    If you still have the account you purchased QuickLaunch from, swap PINs, and you should be able to reload QL for your Bold. I've swapped from Curve to Tour, to Style. And with the newer versions, I've just used the backup and restore features and been back in business in a few seconds. It's worth looking into.

I have no input on the other app, no experience with it, and have never talked with a user of it.

06-02-11 06:11 AM
    If you still have the account you purchased QuickLaunch from, swap PINs, and you should be able to reload QL for your Bold. I've swapped from Curve to Tour, to Style. And with the newer versions, I've just used the backup and restore features and been back in business in a few seconds. It's worth looking into.

I have no input on the other app, no experience with it, and have never talked with a user of it.

Ok thanks! for some reason I've always had trouble with the PIN swap thing, since QL is not on my App world for some reason, and I don't think I got it through crackberry... (I literally got the app like 3 years ago when I first got a BB and can't for the life of me remember where I purchased from...)

I do want to hear more about this bLauncher app, but it seems pretty new.
    06-02-11 03:32 PM
    I think there's only a couple places you likely got QL from. Attempt to login to the MobiHand (CB) Store and if you don't remember your p/w use the 'forgot p/w' (or whatever its called) to get into your account. I did read about a guy whose account allegedly was deleted b/c he didn't use it for so long but never heard whether he was restored or not. There are a few shortcut apps out. I personally use ShortCutMe and think its amazing what it can do but I know of at least 4-5 others too. A google search or forum search here and you'll likely find everything you want to know.

SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-02-11 05:20 PM
    I've never even heard of blauncher. Ql is great tho. Shortcutme is another alternative, with more features but less user friendly.

06-03-11 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD