I am about 6 mos. Into the BB game and I love this device. I have a AT&T branded Bold 9700/5.0.0.602 and I am mildly obsessed with make this phone highly efficient; which brings me to this question...

With all the buzz about QuickLaunch, I'd like to try it; however, I don't know how much utility it will bring me. I have "Dial from Home Screen" turned off and that has opended a world of shortcuts I use highly.

So my question is, how much more efficiency would I gain if I purchased this app? At this point I don't really see anything that it can do for me that isn't alread easily accessible.

Thanks in advance,
    Judson

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 01:14 AM
    what people don't understand about ql is that it's not just a shortcut program. there's also functions such as camera mute, screen capture, reboot device, device info, etc. that come with the app.

i was thinking the app would be a waste going into it. now i see how useful it truly is.

btw i dial from homescreen is on for me.
    08-30-10 01:56 AM
    QL also has settings for multi-clicking the convenience keys. Example: my left convenience key is set to QL. If I double click the key it opens google maps. Triple click opens google app. It would take a while to describe all of the features that cheetahace (he's here on the forums) has baked in there. Heck, I don't think I even know all of 'em

08-30-10 02:20 AM
    it's not just a shortcut program, buddy.
    08-30-10 03:10 AM
    another way we could all put this:

it's only $5 not gonna kill u. maybe if ur patient/lucky u can get a discount.
    08-30-10 03:54 AM
    Toggle bluetooth and WiFi are two of the best options.
    08-30-10 06:41 AM
    So I went ahead and bought this app. I just spent the last 60 mins creating tons of shortcuts. Yeah. The fingers are almost numb now. There seems to be a lot of feedback on this app. I would appreciate some direction on where to go to get some tips and tricks on how to help a noob better start using QL. The multi click seems only to work after you've opened the QL bar. Do you all keep your Dial From Homescreen Off or On when you have QL?

08-30-10 12:17 PM
    So I went ahead and bought this app. I just spent the last 60 mins creating tons of shortcuts. Yeah. The fingers are almost numb now. There seems to be a lot of feedback on this app. I would appreciate some direction on where to go to get some tips and tricks on how to help a noob better start using QL. The multi click seems only to work after you've opened the QL bar. Do you all keep your Dial From Homescreen Off or On when you have QL?

I keep dial from homescreen off as one click on the call button brings up the phone.
    I'm not sure but I think someone did a how to use QL thread. Look around the third party apps forum.

08-30-10 12:49 PM

not true.
    set convenience key to ql in bb options.
    in ql options set something to double click.
    save. exit.
    double click convenience key.
    08-30-10 12:59 PM
    So I bought ql and I like it. It really helped me streamline my applications. It used to be a pain to get to my media files and now I have them all on my home page and all the apps I use in ql.

It came with some weird quirks. For instance:

1.) When I get a email, the icon is on the right hand side of the clock (Zen theme) then when I open messages folder the icon moves to the left of the clock.

2.) When I go into "OPTIONS" my text is larger than the rest of the phone's text.

Anyone else have any such bugs after using ql?
    08-31-10 10:22 PM
    Another huge Quicklaunch benefit is that you can access it from almost any menu (be sure to choose yes to add to system menu in QL options).

Keyboard shortcuts and well placed icons work great when you're on the home screen. But QL let's you jump wherever you want without back tracking to the home screen first!

08-31-10 11:01 PM
    It is without a doubt the best overall BB app I've used.
    09-01-10 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD