08-10-09 10:15 AM
156 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Here is how to get your activation code back from App World:
    If we have our original activation code from App World can we get the update somehow?
    07-14-09 02:58 PM
    Did you enter your activcation code for it? Check that to see if it's there. IN the new version it should be in the options screen.
    Yeah- I did enter it and it does show up in the options. Everything else is working (that I use, anyway) but I keep getting the exception code everytime I reboot.
    I have tried every trick mentioned in the forums except the dreaded wipe.
    07-14-09 03:11 PM
    I can say I'm glad I've stuck with CB app store for my purchases.
    I will from now on. I may bite the bullet and just uninstall my app world purchased QL and buy it from CBS so I can get back on track with the latest version number.

I am not a CEO by any means but the mismanagement of appworld is a strategic blunder on RIM's part.... It was suppose to be their latest move on the RiM vs APPLE chessboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 04:02 PM
    Yeah- I did enter it and it does show up in the options. Everything else is working (that I use, anyway) but I keep getting the exception code everytime I reboot.
    I have tried every trick mentioned in the forums except the dreaded wipe.
    so what's the problem you're having again? and what have you tried so far?
    07-14-09 04:14 PM

As for saving settings on tilt lock... no. Not working on it. I have absolutely no idea at all how to do this. It's a total mystery to me. If someone wants to cough up the secret or has any info on this i'm all ears.
    But this might be a "deal breaker". Tiltlock or Storm tilt, whatever it is called does have persistence after a battery pull. The only code I know how to write is my ATM pin. Somebody must know how to do this.
    07-14-09 04:57 PM
    well i don't know how to do it. it's not simple.
    07-14-09 05:05 PM
    If we have our original activation code from App World can we get the update somehow?
    Yea can we.......I save all mine on excel. Please!!!!!!!!!
    07-14-09 05:27 PM
    Cheetah:

Is it possible to make an app that opens an overlay which solely uses the ability of the volume controls to toggle up and down?

For instance, set on the opposite convenience key to QL, when the other convenience key is pushed, it opens a cursor on whichever screen is showing, which can then be toggled with volume controls like QL. If set on the home, it will open a cursor that can be scrolled horizontally. If opened in contact, it will allow scrolling with the volume controls. If opened on phone, it will scroll through phone, call log or contacts.

I love this function, not having to touch the screen and which wish it were standard! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wentouch; 07-14-09 at 06:26 PM.
    07-14-09 06:23 PM
    If there is going to be another update I would love to be able to change the background color of QL.

Other than that it's perfect IMO.
    07-14-09 06:39 PM
    This is without a doubt the BEST app on the market, and Cheetah is excellent with requests!!!
    07-14-09 06:43 PM
    Nice work Cheetah.

Thank you!
    07-14-09 06:47 PM
    so what's the problem you're having again? and what have you tried so far?
    Cheetah- ever since I downloaded the update I get:uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException whenever I reboot. I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling. I tried not using the restore -put everything in all over-I tried several reboots and then even did battery pulls. I don't know what else to do. I am running .148. I pray I don't have to do a wipe. I did have to do one a long time ago and it was such a fiasco (I am not all that computer literate) and I lost stuff that took me forever to find and replace. So I am hoping that is not what you are going to tell me to do!
    BTW- everything else in QL works fine- but I remember after I had that exception once before my phone eventually stopped working.
    07-14-09 09:33 PM
    I Cant Find The Option For Tilt Lock..its Not In The Ql Option Menu.. My Screen Says 2.8 But I Have 2.9 Because I Have The Flickr Fix. Please Help..im Pulling Out My Hair!! Thanks
    07-15-09 11:42 AM
    I Cant Find The Option For Tilt Lock..its Not In The Ql Option Menu.. My Screen Says 2.8 But I Have 2.9 Because I Have The Flickr Fix. Please Help..im Pulling Out My Hair!! Thanks
    You have 2.8. Welcome to the club.

Download this free app for Tilt Lock until you can get 2.10 (or 2.9) QL.

FreeBBApp's | Orientation Lock
    Last edited by skinsfanwsp; 07-15-09 at 12:06 PM.
    07-15-09 12:03 PM
    How come when I downloaded it from Appworld, on the info it says that it comes with tilt lock??? Freakin weird. False advertisement.
    07-15-09 12:27 PM
    How come when I downloaded it from Appworld, on the info it says that it comes with tilt lock??? Freakin weird. False advertisement.
    2.8 is all you can get on appworld but the tilt lock is on 2.9 and above. Apparently the blame goes to appworld, but I wish cheetah would somehow allow those who bought on appworld to upgrade. Not that big of a deal if you install the free tilt lock program. It works pretty good so far for me.
    07-15-09 01:36 PM
    Thanks Skinsfan. Dl it and works good. I NOW OFFICIALLY HATE APPWORLD!!!
    07-15-09 01:55 PM
    QL still rocks it is just Appworld that blows!
    07-15-09 02:43 PM
    Cheetah- ever since I downloaded the update I get:uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException whenever I reboot. I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling. I tried not using the restore -put everything in all over-I tried several reboots and then even did battery pulls. I don't know what else to do. I am running .148. I pray I don't have to do a wipe. I did have to do one a long time ago and it was such a fiasco (I am not all that computer literate) and I lost stuff that took me forever to find and replace. So I am hoping that is not what you are going to tell me to do!
    BTW- everything else in QL works fine- but I remember after I had that exception once before my phone eventually stopped working.
    Still having this problem! Does anyone know how I can fix it??? And if it can't be fixed--what will it do if I just leave it there? When I got this several months ago with a theme I downloaded it eventually corrupted my whole phone. I don't ever want to go thru that again!! Please help!
    07-15-09 11:03 PM
    Any chance in the next update you could make it so that each item in the QL screen can be a differnt color, or bold/italic at least. I have a long list on my QL menu, and even adding dividers, it still takes a good look to find some of my stuff.

If i could make like one thing green, the next blue, the next yellow, then red...or even just make one Bold, and another italic. Just some way to make them stand out a bit. Just a thought.
    07-16-09 12:50 AM
    I just bought this the other day, fantastic app!

I have 3 queries -

1) Why cant you add Windows Live Messenger to the QL Menu? It allows BBMessenger

2) How do you launch QL from a convenience key? I currently have to have the QL icon on 1 of my 8 homescreen spaces, and click that to start the app. I want to be able to hide the QL icon, and activate the app via a convenience key.

3) I cannot get the CB Launcher to work when added to the QL Menu and selecting it to Launch

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!
    07-16-09 07:48 AM
    Any chance in the next update you could make it so that each item in the QL screen can be a differnt color, or bold/italic at least. I have a long list on my QL menu, and even adding dividers, it still takes a good look to find some of my stuff.

If i could make like one thing green, the next blue, the next yellow, then red...or even just make one Bold, and another italic. Just some way to make them stand out a bit. Just a thought.
    It's not a perfect solution, but I use various symbols at the start of each QL entry to help differentiate between programs like you are wanting to do. For example, each text to a person has a bullet point before it, each application has the star character, each website has a tilda. Folders have the double arrows. So my list looks something like this:

Text Person 1
    Text Person 2
    Text Person 3
    > Messages
    ----------------
    ~ Website 1
    ~ Website 2
    ~ Website 3
    ----------------
    Application 1
    Application 2
    Application 3

.... and you get the point. It's helpful to me, and sounds like something you might like to do as well.
    07-16-09 08:51 AM
    I just bought this the other day, fantastic app!

I have 3 queries -

1) Why cant you add Windows Live Messenger to the QL Menu? It allows BBMessenger

2) How do you launch QL from a convenience key? I currently have to have the QL icon on 1 of my 8 homescreen spaces, and click that to start the app. I want to be able to hide the QL icon, and activate the app via a convenience key.

3) I cannot get the CB Launcher to work when added to the QL Menu and selecting it to Launch

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!
    Options > Screen/Keyboard > Choose the convienience key...
    07-16-09 08:55 AM
    Cheers for #2 Girafales!
    07-16-09 09:12 AM
    I am another that bought QL on app world. For the first upgrade, removing app world and reinstalling worked, but not any more. I too am stuck on 2.08. While Cheetah isn't at fault for the app world problem, it does seem unfair that at this point the only solution seems to be to repurchase the app.
    07-16-09 10:14 AM
156 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD