Thanks Cheetah for this great app. I would be lost without this. The best money I have spent on an app for a phone Can't wait for the next upgrade to see what you kick out next. Great work!!
    07-14-09 03:35 AM
    It takes quite some time to set this up to one's individual needs/preferences, which is not a big deal. However, am I doing something wrong that I have to start from scratch and redo my personal settings after each new OS install? That is quite a pain!
    07-14-09 03:40 AM
    It takes quite some time to set this up to one's individual needs/preferences, which is not a big deal. However, am I doing something wrong that I have to start from scratch and redo my personal settings after each new OS install? That is quite a pain!
    Use the QL backup/restore function. It saves a copy of your QL settings to your SD card so you don't have to set it up again each time you update...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 03:42 AM
    Thank you so much... knew it was probably something I just didn't know about.
    07-14-09 04:15 AM
    Cheetah- I just love this app. -it is the only one I don't think I could live without! I have kept on top of all the updates with no problem however since I downloaded this latest I keep getting: uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and can't get rid of it. Do you have any ideas on how I can resolve this? I can't imagine going back to using my bb without this!
    07-14-09 04:37 AM
    Alright, well I have tried to get my activation code through app world back with no luck. Ever since I loaded .151 on my phone app world says I don't have any purchases with them. I have tried to uninstall and re-install multiple times but it isn't working, so I am just going to re-purchase through mobihand and then I won't have to deal with crApp World anymore.

But I do have a question about the new tiltlock feature... Can you just lock a certain screen. For example: when I am on the main screen in portrait view can I keep to screen from tilting to the landscape view, but every other screen will rotate still?
    07-14-09 09:42 AM
    Hi folks just a quick question. I tried the restore feature in the past and never worked, so i had to manually re do everything with my new OS. Is there a play by play method. Or is it as simple as just clicking on it and then restoring it again??

Once i save the settings dor QL to my storage disk is there a method i can use to view it has been saved there. Sorry abit of a novice here.

Cheers Folks!
    07-14-09 10:04 AM
    You're welcome!
    I upgraded to this last night and I have been having issues with ESPN mobile launching. It lets me add it but it won't launch. Is there something I need to do to be able to use this?

Thanks. Other than that this app is great.
    07-14-09 10:10 AM
    Cheetah- I just love this app. -it is the only one I don't think I could live without! I have kept on top of all the updates with no problem however since I downloaded this latest I keep getting: uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and can't get rid of it. Do you have any ideas on how I can resolve this? I can't imagine going back to using my bb without this!
    Did you enter your activcation code for it? Check that to see if it's there. IN the new version it should be in the options screen.
    07-14-09 10:11 AM
    Alright, well I have tried to get my activation code through app world back with no luck. Ever since I loaded .151 on my phone app world says I don't have any purchases with them. I have tried to uninstall and re-install multiple times but it isn't working, so I am just going to re-purchase through mobihand and then I won't have to deal with crApp World anymore.

But I do have a question about the new tiltlock feature... Can you just lock a certain screen. For example: when I am on the main screen in portrait view can I keep to screen from tilting to the landscape view, but every other screen will rotate still?
    If you have backed up your QL configuration you can browse your QL Config file on your phone (Notepad will do). The Activation code can be found in there.
    07-14-09 10:35 AM
    Hi folks just a quick question. I tried the restore feature in the past and never worked, so i had to manually re do everything with my new OS. Is there a play by play method. Or is it as simple as just clicking on it and then restoring it again??

Once i save the settings dor QL to my storage disk is there a method i can use to view it has been saved there. Sorry abit of a novice here.

Cheers Folks!
    All I do is click on the QL Backup. Then when I need to restore on click on QL Restore. Only thing you may need to be sure, if you are saving config to memory card, be sure you don't have your Storm connected to PC with USB, if you do the memory card can't be accessed.
    07-14-09 10:36 AM
    How Do i find this QL Config file?? What Notepad?

Cheers
    07-14-09 10:41 AM
    QL is definitely one of the best apps out there. I use it all the time and it just keeps getting better. Thanks for all your hard work!
    07-14-09 11:19 AM
    Is the "Save settings on reboot" function for the screen tilt lock in the works?
    07-14-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks alot for the quick fix and update cheetah.... i never regret buy this application since the support is GREAT!
    keep up the nice works, GBU.
    07-14-09 11:54 AM
    Thank you so much... knew it was probably something I just didn't know about.
    How are you installing the updates? You shouldnt have to reconfigure. That was only necessary when upgrading from 1.4. from 2.0 on you can just install over the current version and everything will be saved. I install QL on my phone 5-10 times a day.
    07-14-09 12:13 PM

Here is how to get your activation code back from App World:
    1) uninstall QuickLaunch and ALL App world paid apps you have on your phone.
    2) uninstall App World
    3) pull the battery
    4) install the latest App World Client
    5) go to My World
    6) login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    7) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digits

Also, if you have used the QL Backup function the activation code is store in the backup file 'QL_Backup.txt'.

As for saving settings on tilt lock... no. Not working on it. I have absolutely no idea at all how to do this. It's a total mystery to me. If someone wants to cough up the secret or has any info on this i'm all ears.
    07-14-09 12:19 PM
    If you have backed up your QL configuration you can browse your QL Config file on your phone (Notepad will do). The Activation code can be found in there.
    You can also view it in QL file explorer if you add a folder shortcut or also in media explorer.
    07-14-09 12:20 PM
    bb app world shows 2.8.0.0
    07-14-09 01:16 PM
    So if we bought on Appworld we are just SOL? I bought this primarily because it gave me tilt lock (among other things) which Appworld advertises as a feature but still no upgrade to 2.9! WTF!
    07-14-09 01:22 PM
    So if we bought on Appworld we are just SOL? I bought this primarily because it gave me tilt lock (among other things) which Appworld advertises as a feature but still no upgrade to 2.9! WTF!
    Yes we are pretty much screwed, app world support is almost non-existent. And the whole un-install thing worked the first time for me but it isn't working anymore so I can't get my activation code. If I want the program back I am just going to have to buy it through mobihand. It sucks though.
    07-14-09 01:28 PM
    what about app world we get no love.
    I must admit I am a little stung by the fact that appworl hasn't even received the 2.09 update and their email folks assured me it would be uploaded and waiting two weeks ago .

Going to stick to cb's store from now on.

07-14-09 01:35 PM
    I must admit I am a little stung by the fact that appworl hasn't even received the 2.09 update and their email folks assured me it would be uploaded and waiting two weeks ago .

Going to stick to cb's store from now on.

Yeah RIM dropped the ball with App World.
    07-14-09 01:45 PM
    i don't recommend app world at all. all day i deal with app world probs that are not related to my app AT ALL. nothing but problems.
    no refunds. developers have no access to servers or customer info.
    tons of bugs. apps disappearing from customers accounts. no support. horrible.
    07-14-09 01:51 PM
    Yes we are pretty much screwed, app world support is almost non-existent. And the whole un-install thing worked the first time for me but it isn't working anymore so I can't get my activation code. If I want the program back I am just going to have to buy it through mobihand. It sucks though.
    I can say I'm glad I've stuck with CB app store for my purchases.
    07-14-09 01:52 PM
156 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD