I would back that device up or move to a v5 leaked release of the OS. I am running 5.0.0.230 and had no issues with the update. Great update!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-17-10 05:05 PM
    is anyone running 5.0 OS on their device .. specifically .484 version .. and if so does GPS toggle work for them?
    02-17-10 10:31 PM
    is anyone running 5.0 OS on their device .. specifically .484 version .. and if so does GPS toggle work for them?
    I just checked this myself and it does not look to be working. It looks like it goes through the motions of toggling the GPS, but doesn't complete the motions. I've e-mailed CheetahAce regarding this.
    02-17-10 10:52 PM
    Works on .419
    02-17-10 11:07 PM
    I just checked this myself and it does not look to be working. It looks like it goes through the motions of toggling the GPS, but doesn't complete the motions. I've e-mailed CheetahAce regarding this.
    see and he thought i coulndt count , haha
    what OS are u running ...
    hopefully he will look into it
    02-17-10 11:19 PM
    see and he thought i coulndt count , haha
    what OS are u running ...
    hopefully he will look into it
    I'm actually running a hybrid of OS5... using files from .497 and .484. I have not yet received a response, but will let you know if he doesn't respond here.
    02-18-10 09:09 AM
    Anyone experiencing this bleeding effect when going into QL Options?

02-18-10 03:26 PM
    Yes I have the same bleeding effect with the gray as I scroll down, I had it prior to the ast QL update as well. Must be a conflict with OS 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 04:58 PM
    who here is having a prob with gps toggle?
    02-18-10 05:37 PM
    No problem with gps toggle. Running os .419. I did start experience the "bleeding" after updating to .419 though. I also can't upload .png screenshots onto flickr

02-18-10 06:05 PM
    No problem with gps toggle. Running os .419. I did start experience the "bleeding" after updating to .419 though. I also can't upload .png screenshots onto flickr

so you're actually using gps toggle? not gps config?
    02-18-10 07:53 PM
    seems like .484 works differently though. not cool.
    02-18-10 07:55 PM
    I would back that device up or move to a v5 leaked release of the OS. I am running 5.0.0.230 and had no issues with the update. Great update!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    If that's directed at me, it's backed up religiously. I don't want to upgrade til VZW does an official release. Have my reasons.

I'm running official 4.7.1.6.1
    I don't have bleeding effect in QL options
    No problem with GPS Toggle (pretty cool how you did that)

RE: the 907 and java errors I got when trying to install, don't know if it's relevant or not but tonight my phone reset by itself (as in a battery pull) while it was sitting on my purse (iow I wasn't touching any buttons or using the phone).
    02-18-10 08:35 PM
    GPS Toggle works fine on .419
    02-18-10 09:13 PM
    so you're actually using gps toggle? not gps config?
    yes... gps toggle
    02-18-10 09:35 PM
    Why no clock or alarm shortcut available??? There used to be one??

02-18-10 09:47 PM
    The clock shortcut doesn't work. When I click on it a white screen flashes and then it goes back to my home screen. I'm running the official Sprint 5.0. Will this bug be fixed soon?

ETA: My bad for not reading this thread throughly enough. I see it was addressed. Is this simply a limitation of 5.0? If so is it possible for me to downgrade to the previous version of QuickLaunch? Not being able to have the Clock as a shortcut is a dealbreaker for me. I use it as my alarm clock and it's my most used shortcut!
    Do you have 5.0?
    02-19-10 01:43 AM
    yes but you also stated that if it was a 5.0 limitation, which it is, then you'd like to downgrade which is confusing unless you are referring to downgrading your os, but if that were the case then you wouldnt be asking me... thus i asked for clarification.

EDIT: Anyway, it's a limitation of 5.0 which was stated earlier in this thread so downgrading QuickLaunch will not help.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-19-10 at 02:52 AM.
    02-19-10 02:48 AM
    Is there absolutely no way to upgrade QL other than app world if thats where I bought it from? It drives me nuts that I cant upgrade it. Last time I had to wait like a month after the upgrade was available.
    02-19-10 10:41 AM
    Is there absolutely no way to upgrade QL other than app world if thats where I bought it from? It drives me nuts that I cant upgrade it. Last time I had to wait like a month after the upgrade was available.
    You are correct. There is no other way. I am in the same situation as you, and yes it is very annoying.
    02-19-10 11:01 AM
    I don't see how it's confusing. I asked if there was a way to downgrade to the previous version of QL but if it will still be broken, I guess I'll have to live with it. Why did RIM screw with the clock I wonder?
    it was confusing because you asked if it was a 5.0 thing could you downgrade.
    But if you downgraded to the previous version QuickLaunch you would still have 5.0 and the clock still would not launch. The problem is os 5.0 not quicklaunch so the only way to fix it is the change OS 5.0 not quicklaunch.

idk why they messed with it. maybe it's intentional or maybe it's a bug. they make changes every os leak. they also have new bugs in every new os. so does quicklaunch and every other app. that's the business.
    02-19-10 11:13 AM
    Anyone else experiencing just a minor slow down with .419? With the older version, I would click the space bar and "W" for the weather app in one motion.

Now with the new version I click on the space bar and wait then click the "W".

It is not a huge deal of course as the delay is in milliseconds, but it is noticeable. Maybe I just type too fast lol.
    02-19-10 11:28 AM
    i doubt that's because of the new version. the new version actually loads faster as a matter of fact.
    02-19-10 11:33 AM
    i doubt that's because of the new version. the new version actually loads faster as a matter of fact.
    Just what I noticed that is all. I have a ton of memory left so it can not be that.

The program still works great as usual!

Maybe I will do an uninstall and see if that helps.
    02-19-10 11:36 AM
    Hmm... i don't think it will change. you can try it though. The reason is is because apps have no way to tell how they were started. It's not possible to tell if they were started by an icon, a convenience key or a hotkey. The app is just told to run. Since apps can't tell how or where they are launched from they cannot make any 'decisions' or do anything different based on how they were launched. Therefore the same code or processing is done for every app regardless of how they were invoked. They just 'run'.

Running an app on bb's is done only one way (in code) so the same thing happens internally when you use icon, conv key or hotkey or theme hotspot. The difference is in how long it takes the OS to start the app. If you notice running apps from a theme hotspot takes longer than clicking an icon and running from a conv key takes a different amount of time then the hotkey. it depends on your os, what you have loaded on your phone, the theme, what's running in the background etc.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-19-10 at 11:50 AM.
    02-19-10 11:47 AM
108 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD