Hmm... i don't think it will change. you can try it though. The reason is is because apps have no way to tell how they were started. It's not possible to tell if they were started by an icon, a convenience key or a hotkey. The app is just told to run. Since apps can't tell how or where they are launched from they cannot make any 'decisions' or do anything different based on how they were launched. Therefore the same code or processing is done for every app regardless of how they were invoked. They just 'run'.

Running an app on bb's is done only one way (in code) so the same thing happens internally when you use icon, conv key or hotkey or theme hotspot. The difference is in how long it takes the OS to start the app. If you notice running apps from a theme hotspot takes longer than clicking an icon and running from a conv key takes a different amount of time then the hotkey. it depends on your os, what you have loaded on your phone, the theme, what's running in the background etc.
    I basically have the same exact setup on my phone now as when I did with the older version. Same OS setup as well.

It's not a huge deal like I said. I will keep yah posted if an uninstall works.
    02-19-10 11:53 AM
    I basically have the same exact setup on my phone now as when I did with the older version. Same OS setup as well.

It's not a huge deal like I said. I will keep yah posted if an uninstall works.
    Basically the exact same? haha.
    That's like saying you're almost absolutely sure it might rain today.

anyway, an os is a living breathing thing. it's never the same one minute to the next. apps write and delete things when they run. browser cache increases and decreases. things that use to be in memory location x are now stored in memory location y. tmp files are written and deleted, wallpapers are changed, memory has increased or decreased. the event log file size has changed and tons of other things. it's never the same.
    02-19-10 12:01 PM
    Nice work CheetahAce! I haven't had any problems and love the new background feature.

I may be missing something, or the option might not be there, but is there a way to have my shortcut key in the title of my application. Let me see if I can explain better.

I add a QL shortcut for "Browser" and assign it the shortcut key "B", is there an option for me to not have to change the title that is displayed and have it listed in the QL menu as "Browser (B)"

I know I can edit the title myself, but was just wondering. I don't always assign a shortcut key to every option but the ones I do, it would be nice to have it automatically update if I needed to change them Prime example, since you added the option to have 1, 2, or 3 letter shortcuts, if I change a shortcut key the title would automatically be updated as well.

Hope that makes sense.
    02-19-10 12:05 PM
    Basically the exact same? haha.
    That's like saying you're almost absolutely sure it might rain today.

anyway, an os is a living breathing thing. it's never the same one minute to the next. apps write and delete things when they run. browser cache increases and decreases. things that use to be in memory location x are now stored in memory location y. tmp files are written and deleted, wallpapers are changed, memory has increased or decreased. the event log file size has changed and tons of other things. it's never the same.
    LOL! reminds me of the Naked Gun movie where they say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of survival, but there is only a 10% chance of that happening.
    02-19-10 12:07 PM
    I don't know. Still debating this one. I used to have this functionality in before 3 letter shortcuts. But I got too many emails from people saying they didn't like it and they'd always have to edit the text after adding.
    maybe i'll make it an option in a future version.
    02-19-10 12:11 PM
    LOL! reminds me of the Naked Gun movie where they say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of survival, but there is only a 10% chance of that happening.
    lol. yea that was funny.
    02-19-10 12:13 PM
    seems like .484 works differently though. not cool.
    i have the official .484 with the gps toggle issue .. let me know if u need me to test for ya
    i had to move back to GPS config now
    02-19-10 05:24 PM
    Awesome update on QL, CheetahAce !!

Am loving what I have seen of it so far. Haven't fully explored all of its features yet, though.

Thanks !!
    02-20-10 01:42 PM
    i have the official .484 with the gps toggle issue .. let me know if u need me to test for ya
    i had to move back to GPS config now
    not sure how to fix this yet and make it work with all os's. the problem is is that the new os works differently by displaying that new e911 message. i'll think of something eventually.
    02-20-10 03:21 PM
    Using .419 on my Tour (VZW). Before the update, I used the "sound profile select" function with a shortcut key to allow for quick changing of sound profiles. Since the update, when I try to use one, it takes me to the sound profile menu but does not select anything. After that, I cannot use QL again until I battery pull. I tried deleting the shortcut from QL after a pull and recreating it fresh, but the same thing happens. Any thoughts?
    02-21-10 12:59 AM
    I don't fully understand the point of the GPS Toggle function. From what I can tell, when using blackberry maps, it removes the menu option to start or stop gps navigation. What's the problem with having the GPS service on all the time? What's the reason for toggling the GPS?
    02-21-10 05:15 AM
    I don't fully understand the point of the GPS Toggle function. From what I can tell, when using blackberry maps, it removes the menu option to start or stop gps navigation. What's the problem with having the GPS service on all the time? What's the reason for toggling the GPS?
    I think it is intended to save battery life. I find my battery life is fine if the gps is on but not being actively used by an app but other devices might not be so lucky. When I am using the gps, say in gpslogger (like yesterday), my battery life does go down but that is to be expected. But if the gps in just ON but nothing in particular is using it, I guess my battery life is adequate (Tour with OS 5 hybrid).
    02-21-10 09:50 AM
    The reset function doesn't work either. I get "Unable to reset device: error code 5". Another lovely feature of OS 5.0?
    sounds like it. i've never ever seen/heard of that error.
    02-21-10 11:59 AM
    Good news: BB App World now has this new version, 2.20

Bad news: Clock no longer launches (launches for .5 sec and then disappears).

It did on QL 2.12 before I updated it today to 2.20. My OS is VZW 4.7.1.61 which is the exact OS I was running with 2.12 when the clock did launch

Cheeta - looks like this isn't OS 5.0 related as noted in earlier posts. Just wanted to point it out. Thanks
    02-21-10 05:01 PM
    not sure what's happening w/ your clock but i know for sure launching the clock on 5.0 is not possible.
    02-21-10 07:09 PM
    not sure what's happening w/ your clock but i know for sure launching the clock on 5.0 is not possible.
    IThe clock works fine,just not when launched from QL. Other than that it ia a nice update from 2.12 i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 08:23 PM
    it's possible i introduced a bug in the clock for 4.7 os trying to figure out a hack for os 5.0 clock. i'll check it out. however, 5.0 clock is a no go.
    02-21-10 09:29 PM
    The solution is to stop buying apps from BB App World. Use the Crackberry App Store. It's tons better.
    Yeah I bought this from App World back when I was a noob and didn't know how much App World sucks. Now I only use App World as a very last resort.
    02-21-10 09:31 PM
    clock works on my 5.0 *shrugs*. I had 4.6 before on my 8900 and I just restored my settings when I downloaded 5.0 os and the latest quicklaunch.
    02-22-10 02:43 AM
    I have buyed Quicklaunch here at crackberry and i have a Problem, i cant open the App, i have created a Shortcut for a App and if i click on Qicklaunch the App does not start, it opens a little menu where i can click on the App, i created a shortcut.
    But i cant go inside Quicklaunch where u can create Shortcuts for Apps.
    How can i enter the app?
    greatings from Germany dslonly
    02-22-10 12:45 PM
    Having problems with the app launching consistently, after the new update.
    Already restarted my phone a few times.
    Clicking on the icon won't get it to launch now either.

Tour 4.7
    02-22-10 12:51 PM
    ** see the 1st post
    02-22-10 01:25 PM
    Cheetah - any reason an app might not launch when added to QL? I recently installed Movela and nothing happens when trying to launch it via QL. It launches without issue using the Movela icon itself.

Thanks
    03-19-10 12:01 PM
    yes. an app has to support launching from 3rd party apps to be able to be launched.
    if an app doesn't launch then i suggest emailing the developer of the app in question and let them know of the issue and in most cases they will add the support or email you or me indicating how to launch their app - unless it is rim or slacker 3 who don't reply to such requests. Yes, I'm looking at you Slacker 3!
    Everybody with slacker 3 please email the slacker developers. hoping they will reply someday. thanks.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-19-10 at 12:17 PM.
    03-19-10 12:09 PM
    OK thanks for the quick response Cheetah!

I've sent an email off to Pyxismobile. I'll let you know if I hear back. Thanks!
    03-19-10 01:42 PM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD