'Delete Call Log' still doesn't work. How do you get the menu background to become transparent?

Thanks for the update.
    Try making a tranparent image to put for the background. I'll bet that might work.
    02-17-10 12:10 AM
    I am running 5.0.0.484 .. Official sprint OS
    I can assure u that I am counting right, like I stated it is bring me right to gps services on the last 2 parameter

Need someone to try with same OS

If need be I can post screen shots of my options screen

The only thing I noticed is that it used to be 2-7-2 ... There was "enterprise activation" for 6 .. But after phone reset that is not there anymore and it is 2 6 2 now

1) that means 2,6,2 is not correct for your device. make sure you counted right. if you did it works 100% of the time

2) regarding mms - bbm : No, i never said i would look into this. it's not possible.

3) in a future version

4) theme controlled

5) thanks
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 02-17-10 at 07:16 AM.
    02-17-10 05:38 AM
    So, so stoked about this! The default option to have the QL via spacebar is superb! Well done all around!
    02-17-10 07:11 AM
    Is there any reason that the Clock is still missing from QuickLaunch? It went away a few updates ago and still hasn't been brought back.
    02-17-10 08:27 AM
    This really is great and the colors and new features are awesome.
    02-17-10 08:36 AM
    The clock is there, turn on in QL options

Is there any reason that the Clock is still missing from QuickLaunch? It went away a few updates ago and still hasn't been brought back.
    02-17-10 08:55 AM
    You cannot have a QL shortcut to launch the BB clock app.
    02-17-10 09:37 AM
    I can create a shortcut to the clock app and it works.

02-17-10 10:02 AM
    I can create a shortcut to the clock app and it works.
    Which OS are you running? Once I installed Sprint's OS 5.0.0.484 the clock app isn't in the QL drop down app list.
    02-17-10 10:18 AM
    Which OS are you running? Once I installed Sprint's OS 5.0.0.484 the clock app isn't in the QL drop down app list.
    I have confirmed this running the same OS.
    02-17-10 10:24 AM
    Has anyone noticed a lag when you are trying to scroll down your QL items using a specific key? With the previous version I could hit a letter to scroll down through my items and it would change instantly,,,, IE if I have four QL items that begin with 'S', I just open QL and hit the 'S' key until I get to where I want to be. Now with this version I have to wait 2-3 seconds before I can hit the key again to continue on to the next letter 'S' item. It does this on all letters,, I just used 'S' as an example. Guess I will go back to the old version..it works great.
    P.S. yes I installed this as per instructions in the OP.
    Last edited by olemil; 02-17-10 at 10:34 AM.
    02-17-10 10:27 AM
    I'm running 4.7.1.53
    02-17-10 10:44 AM
    Has anyone noticed a lag when you are trying to scroll down your QL items using a specific key? With the previous version I could hit a letter to scroll down through my items and it would change instantly,,,, IE if I have four QL items that begin with 'S', I just open QL and hit the 'S' key until I get to where I want to be. Now with this version I have to wait 2-3 seconds before I can hit the key again to continue on to the next letter 'S' item. It does this on all letters,, I just used 'S' as an example. Guess I will go back to the old version..it works great.
    I believe the delay is there since you can now have 2 & 3 letter shortcuts, it is waiting to see if you are going to press another key such as 'SMS' if that is set as a shortcut to 'SMS Inbox'
    02-17-10 10:48 AM
    I qualify for free upgrade but I can't download, keep getting Download Failed 907 Invalid COD
    Can anyone help?

Just as I hit Download button I see a quick flash of the progress bar and it's gone, replaced by error.

I can't find much on this particular error.
    I cleared my BB browser cache & cookies.
    Did a battery pull.
    No joy.

Tried d/l 3 different routes, ticking & unticking Permissions box, no joy.

1) D/L via mobihand's email link = error

2) Tried logging into Mobihand directly from my Tour and doing direct d/l = error.

3) For this error code I saw a work around to d/l
    the .jad file to PC, then email that as an attachment to BB,
    open and install from there. Still got the error.

Rather than doing it post-install, I tried these steps in advance of d/l : Options>Apps>QL Deny Permissions>Save>Allow Permissions>Save>Battery pull. No impact.

I'm stumped, and would be grateful for an assist!

(Looks like another fantastic job, Cheetah! Love the colored font options and background wallpaper! )
    02-17-10 11:18 AM
    What would happen if I were to select "update now" within the QL options? I have 2.17 now.
    02-17-10 11:18 AM

The clock in 5.0 is not launchable. This has been addressed in every QL thread since last may.
    02-17-10 12:14 PM
    This feature is no longer the same as in previous versions. It's not a 'lag'.
    it's by design because of the 3 letter shortcuts. Reason is it would be distracting and 'not cool' if you someone had a shortcut 'SCT' to launch an sms contact for example and while typing sct the list was jumping all over the place
    02-17-10 12:16 PM
    uninstall first then battery pull then install.

I qualify for free upgrade but I can't download, keep getting Download Failed 907 Invalid COD
    Can anyone help?

Just as I hit Download button I see a quick flash of the progress bar and it's gone, replaced by error.

Did a battery pull.
    No joy.

2) Tried logging into Mobihand directly from my Tour and doing direct d/l = error.

Rather than doing it post-install, I tried these steps in advance of d/l : Options>Apps>QL Deny Permissions>Save>Allow Permissions>Save>Battery pull. No impact.

(Looks like another fantastic job, Cheetah! Love the colored font options and background wallpaper! )
    02-17-10 12:17 PM
    What would happen if I were to select "update now" within the QL options? I have 2.17 now.
    nothing good. don't do it.
    02-17-10 12:18 PM
    nothing good. don't do it.
    Guess I'll be watching app world like a crackhead for the next month or so...once again...
    02-17-10 12:21 PM
    The clock in 5.0 is not launchable. This has been addressed in every QL thread since last may.
    Sorry, did a search and couldn't find anything on it. Does this mean never ever or they just haven't figured out a way to do it yet?
    02-17-10 02:06 PM
    Are you saying that an uninstall is necessary? I just d/l'd the new version from CB Store, replaced the previous version and everything seems fine. Did the battery pull, etc. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right.
    02-17-10 03:46 PM
    Short version: Things went a little haywire but think I'm OK now. Had to uninstall/reinstall twice to avoid java.lang.error

Long version in case anyone else encounters java or download failed error:
    To get around Download Failed 907 Invalid COD error I uninstalled QL via DM. Did fresh install latest version and immediately got error "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.error". Rebooted. Seemed OK. I was able to tweak my QL settings but then I couldn't close QL, got a white screen behind BB 'switch app' menu bar. (Didn't tap BB menu button either, so not sure why switch app popped up.) Let it rest a minute or two and finally I was back at Home screen. But I could not launch QL at all. Got "uncaught exceptions: java.lang.error" again.

So via Desktop Mgr I was going to uninstall QL a 2nd time only it was not on my apps list in DM. While I was there I deleted two programs I didn't need. Afterward did battery pull and somehow in that process QL uninstalled as well, despite not being on apps list.

Was about to do 2nd fresh install. Looked up that error message and another post at CB said to remove the program's memory module. Couldn't find any module under QL or NikkiSoft so proceeded to 2nd install.

Immediately after d/l got the same java error again, but got message application downloaded successfully. So did a battery pull. So far things seem OK. (And I was following Permission instructions to the letter in that process.)

If problems crop up I'll post back.
    Almost forgot, I'm running official VZW launch day OS.

Originally Posted by periwinklemoon View Post
    Can anyone help?

Did a battery pull.
    No joy.

02-17-10 03:52 PM
    Uninstall is 99% of the time unnecessary. sometimes the rim os chokes for some reason on installs (rim doesn't even know why) and you get that error which requires an uninstall of the previous version.
    02-17-10 04:25 PM
    Uninstall is 99% of the time unnecessary. sometimes the rim os chokes for some reason on installs (rim doesn't even know why) and you get that error which requires an uninstall of the previous version.
    Yeah, I've not encountered that before. Kind of like Windows chokes when it gets bloated It was time to get some gunk apps hogging space off Tour anyway, killed two birds with one step. Still seems to be working just fine, now!

I really do like the addition of the extra colored fonts and ability to change background (mentioned that wish w/last upgrade and it came true! ) Your hard work is appreciated!
    02-17-10 04:56 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD