QuickLaunch 2.20 for the Tour is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the Tour and you wish to load the Tour version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.20:

3 Letter Shortcuts
    You can now assign shortcuts with 1-3 characters.
    For example:
    DI = Device Info
    CNY = Call New York
    BT = Bluetooth Toggle
    etc...

Web Search
    (see images below)
    This is added functionality to the already existing Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary search included in previous versions of QuickLaunch.
    Now with Web Search you can quickly search using the following sites:
    . Google
    . Yahoo
    . Bing
    . Amazon
    . eBay
    . BBC
    . Google News
    . Google Images
    . YouTube
    . iMDb
    . Dictionary
    . Thesaurus
    . Wikipedia
    . Wikipedia 2

Web Search will save the previously utilized site for your next search.

Configurable Screen Capture Image Format

You can now choose between JPG and PNG format for screen capture images.

SMS Inbox

Quickly access your sms inbox

MMS Inbox
    Quickly access your mms inbox

New Colors:
    Added the following colors: Royal Blue, Violet-Red, Magenta, Sienna, Lime, Light Sea Green, Teal, Hot Pink, Gold and Platinum

AOL Instant Messenger Support
    Start AIM old school method and from then on you can use QL to bring it to the foreground.

Background Image

Skin your QuickLaunch by loading an image!
    Please use images with dimensions of 180x330 for best results. Larger images are not recommended for obvious reasons.
    There are sample wallpapers on NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher Hopefully some of you will post some more QL Wallpapers so that I can add them to the site.

GPS Toggle
    Quickly toggle your GPS on/off.

How to Configure the GPS Toggle feature:
    This feature works with macros simulating user key input.
    When you add this function via Add Application you will see an entry field labeled "Parameter:" These parameters must be entered for the GPS Toggle feature to work on your device.

Enter the parameters in the following format: p1,p2,p3 (the p's are numbers)
    The first number (p1) refers to the position that the 'Advanced Options' selection is located on your Blackberry Options screen. For most devices this would be a '2'. The second number (p2) refers to the location of 'GPS' under Advanced Options. The third number (p3) will be the location of the 'GPS Services button on the GPS screen. (the one with 'Location On' and 'Location Off')

If entered correctly the paramters should look like 2,6,2 or something similar to that depending on your device.

Configurable Homescreen Hotkey
    You can now launch QuickLaunch by hitting a letter on the keypad from your homescreen.
    To use this feature you must disable Home 'Screen Dialing' in your phone options.
    Go to Phone->Options->General Options->Dial From Home Screen and set it to 'No'.
    Currently available hotkeys are:
    Space bar, Q, E, G, I, J, R, X, Y, Z or none

Configurable Screen Capture Image Format

You can now choose between JPG and PNG.

And now for the bad news:
    Check for Update Function Discontinued
    This feature has been removed for numerous reasons. It might be added back sometime in the future but for now it's history.
    This means App World customers will have to wait until App World approves this release. My apologies.

Note: If you are still using a zip code for the weather you must re-configure the settings to use a 'Location ID' instead of zip code. Yahoo weather is currently changing the location id's and your city's id may have been changed recently. According to yahoo zip codes are being phased out and eventually only Location ID's will be accepted. So go in to QL Options and read the new instructions for obtaining your Location ID.

Watch the QuickLaunch Demo Video in HD here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st, 2009: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st, 2009 and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-16-10 at 04:50 PM.
    02-16-10 03:53 PM
    Another great update! Thank you CheetahAce! I'm really digging the new royal blue color.
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 02-16-10 at 04:11 PM.
    02-16-10 04:00 PM
    Thanks for a great update!
    02-16-10 04:20 PM
    You're welcome.
    ... need wallpapers.
    02-16-10 04:21 PM
    Sweet, great job on such a prompt release! Nice to be blessed with a new release of QL and the 5.0 OS from Sprint in one day!
    Last edited by dimm0k; 02-16-10 at 04:34 PM.
    02-16-10 04:29 PM
    Yeah those wallpapers are going to be tricky. What about those two mesh wallpapers you used above in the screen captures?
    02-16-10 04:34 PM
    what do you mean 'what about them'?
    02-16-10 04:36 PM
    kool. Ima gettin' it.
    02-16-10 04:37 PM
    what do you mean 'what about them'?
    Well didn't you imply you needed wallpapers? Why don't you post those two to start off with and hopefully more people will contribute.
    02-16-10 04:40 PM
    I guess i can do that. Even though those are already posted on the
    website as indicated.

Edit: images added to first post
    02-16-10 04:43 PM
    Oh, oops, didn't even see that...
    02-16-10 04:46 PM
    This app just gets better all the time! Love the new search options, worth every penny!
    02-16-10 06:00 PM
    Do I have to disable home screen dialing for the 3-letter shortcuts to work?
    02-16-10 07:01 PM
    Do I have to disable home screen dialing for the 3-letter shortcuts to work?
    no need to do that
    02-16-10 07:07 PM
    no need to do that
    I haven't seen how to configure this. I find where to add let's say web search, I add it and put in "sea". When I enter "SEA" on the home screen, it starts to dial. What am I missing.

BTW, keep up the great work on this product!
    02-16-10 07:09 PM
    start QL then type sea
    02-16-10 07:14 PM
    start QL then type sea
    Got it, thanks!
    02-16-10 07:16 PM
    Sweet update, I did notice that it no longer automatically adds the assigned shortcut to the name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 08:51 PM
    Love the changes especially customized wallpaper.. I wish for larger font though, on the Tour with the 'large' selected its still quite small.
    02-16-10 08:52 PM
    Love the changes especially customized wallpaper.. I wish for larger font though, on the Tour with the 'large' selected its still quite small.
    +1 on the font, but with all of the new features...i can live with it! great job Ace.
    02-16-10 09:29 PM
    Here are some wallpapers.

Thanks for the update to QL Cheetah - been wishing for these features for a while, much appreciated!
    02-16-10 09:57 PM
    Possible Bug:
    has anyone been able to get GPS toggle to work ?
    my parameters are 2,6,2 ,, it highlights gps services then starts exiting back to previous windows.. i never see the drop down which actually toggles the GPS on off

its going through the motions but not actually toggling anything

Missing update ..
    * I thought u were going to look into an option to send screen capture via mms or to a BBM contact .. the only option is still email...
    * Reset device .. why cant a macro be added in this as well so we dont have to click "REBOOT NOW".. just launch QL .. press R and done...

Question:
    Could there be anyway to control the color of the selector bar that goes up and down in QL in QL options? Or this is 100% controlled by theme only?
    Would also be cool if the text color of the selected item also inverted to a different color .. as it does when u select an item and then menu/move item

All permissions have been set to allow and phone has been rebooted, FYI .. still cant get GPS toggle to work

Besides all the above i still have a smile on my face with this update !!!
    Great job
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 02-16-10 at 10:45 PM.
    02-16-10 10:41 PM
    GPS Toggle works for me, my parameters are (2,8,2) I'm running 9630/4.7.1.53

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 11:21 PM
    1) that means 2,6,2 is not correct for your device. make sure you counted right. if you did it works 100% of the time

2) regarding mms - bbm : No, i never said i would look into this. it's not possible.

3) in a future version

4) theme controlled

5) thanks

Possible Bug:
    has anyone been able to get GPS toggle to work ?
    my parameters are 2,6,2 ,, it highlights gps services then starts exiting back to previous windows.. i never see the drop down which actually toggles the GPS on off

its going through the motions but not actually toggling anything

Missing update ..
    * I thought u were going to look into an option to send screen capture via mms or to a BBM contact .. the only option is still email...
    * Reset device .. why cant a macro be added in this as well so we dont have to click "REBOOT NOW".. just launch QL .. press R and done...

Question:
    Could there be anyway to control the color of the selector bar that goes up and down in QL in QL options? Or this is 100% controlled by theme only?
    Would also be cool if the text color of the selected item also inverted to a different color .. as it does when u select an item and then menu/move item

All permissions have been set to allow and phone has been rebooted, FYI .. still cant get GPS toggle to work

Besides all the above i still have a smile on my face with this update !!!
    Great job
    02-16-10 11:33 PM
    'Delete Call Log' still doesn't work. How do you get the menu background to become transparent?

Thanks for the update.
    02-16-10 11:45 PM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD