QuickLaunch 2.16 for the Tour is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the Tour 9630 and you wish to load the 9630 version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.16:

Multi-click Launching
    You can now configure QuickLaunch to launch an app / function with a double, triple or quadruple click of a convenience key. In QL Options set the convenience key option to 'Multi-click'.
    If you have QuickLaunch to run from a convenience key a multi-click of your convenience key will launch your configured app/function. If QL is not set to run from a convenience key you can still start quicklaunch from Icon or a hotspot from a QuickLaunch supported theme and then double, triple or quadruple click the convenience key and your configured setting will launch.

Backlight Brightness
    You can now set a shortcut to set the desired brightness of the backlight.
    A handy feature allowing you quickly dim or brighten the screen.

Supports Blackberry Messenger 5
    BBM5 can now be launched from QuickLaunch!

Check For Updates button
    This button in QL Options will allow you to check when there is an update to QuickLaunch and allow you to immediately download the update. This will prove beneficial to App World customers who have had to wait sometimes weeks for the App World approval process to complete before QL would appear there. Now there will be no more wait.

Keyboard Shortcuts now shown in Menu Text
    When you add / edit a menu item with a shortcut key the shortcut key will automatically be displayed in the menu next to menu text

Supports Brickbreaker
    QuickLaunch will now launch the Brickbreaker app.

Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger
    These 3 apps cannot be launched by QuickLaunch, however if they are currently running QuickLaunch will bring them to the foreground. So you must
    still start these old school and then you can use QL to 'launch' them to the foreground.

Auto-Backup
    Apparently a lot of people haven't been using the QL Backup / Restore feature which SAVES YOUR ACTIVATION CODE AND SETTINGS so now if you haven't backed up it will check and do it for you.

If you wipe your device or uninstall QL and reinstall it later it will now check for the backup file (text file on sd card or device) and if found will place the activation code in the registration screen. You will still have to MANUALLY USE THE QL RESTORE feature to restore your configuration.

Supports all versions of Pandora
    You must re-add the Pandora menu item for it to work after installing this version

Bluetooth Toggle redesign
    This feature no longer requires parameters to be entered and runs faster.

Sound Profile Selector
    Quickly select a sound profile from QL

New Memo
    Open a new memo in the BB Notepad app.

SMS to Contacts fix for OS 5.0

Note: I recommend you re-configure your Location ID for the weather. Yahoo weather is currently changing the location id's and your city's id may have been changed recently. According to yahoo zip codes are being phased out and eventually only Location ID's will be accepted. So go in to QL Options and read the new instructions for obtaining your Location ID.
    This pertains only to QL version 2.16 for the Tour.

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $2.49 until Jan 1st. (After Jan 1st - $4.99)

QL 2.16 for the 9630 is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted to RIM for inclusion but they have a minimum 1 week approval time so customers who have purchased there will have to wait until it's approved. After you get this update however, you won't have to wait any longer for updates due to App World's approval process.

Special thanks goes to the beta testers for their help with this release.

For more information please visit NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 01-01-10 at 10:57 PM.
    12-28-09 07:21 PM
    awesome, installing it now
    12-28-09 07:33 PM
    I'm a SCM user right now, but definitely would like to give this new version of QL a shot. Is there way that I can install QL and disable SCM (not delete it)? I just don't want to start from the beginning again if I want to switch back to SCM.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    12-28-09 07:39 PM
    I'm a SCM user right now, but definitely would like to give this new version of QL a shot. Is there way that I can install QL and disable SCM (not delete it)? I just don't want to start from the beginning again if I want to switch back to SCM.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    Yes you can.
    12-28-09 07:44 PM
    so if i bought it from the crackberry store what will i need to do to upgrade?
    12-28-09 07:46 PM
    updating now, thx!!!!
    12-28-09 07:46 PM
    just go to your account page and click on 'download update'
    12-28-09 07:49 PM
    Yes you can.
    thanks . . . so how can I disable Shortcutme?
    12-28-09 07:50 PM
    Just delete it! You won't need it anymore. lol.
    QuickLaunch can run on the same device as SCM
    12-28-09 07:53 PM
    I keep getting a invalid COD error when I try to download from the crackberry app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 07:54 PM
    upon successful installation,permission setting, and reboot, I triggered the Bluetooth toggle item on QL decided not to work. After that QL was unresponsive.

Did I need to delete bluetooth toggle and re-add it? (Pulling battery now)
    12-28-09 07:56 PM
    I keep getting a invalid COD error when I try to download from the crackberry app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    uninstall previous version maybe.
    12-28-09 07:57 PM
    upon successful installation,permission setting, and reboot, I triggered the Bluetooth toggle item on QL decided not to work. After that QL was unresponsive.

Did I need to delete bluetooth toggle and re-add it? (Pulling battery now)
    you dont need to re-add it.
    12-28-09 07:57 PM
    ...I get the same problem, had to battery pull to get quicklaunch to show up again after toggling bluetooth.
    12-28-09 08:03 PM
    I assigned it to my left convenience key and pressing it just freezes up my Tour. I even tried simply locating the app and going from there but it does nothing.
    12-28-09 08:04 PM
    You need to set ALL permissions to allow for QuickLaunch then reboot.
    12-28-09 08:05 PM
    Awesome work as usual cheetah.
    12-28-09 08:09 PM
    Thanks dbone.
    12-28-09 08:11 PM
    I'm having the same issue as the others. For what it's worth, I set ALL permissions to allow on install, just as the instructions suggested. However, after install and reboot, I ran into the same problems as noted by other users in the thread. In checking, I found that permissions were no longer set to Allow for all areas. Not sure if it's a BES IT policy thing on my Tour or something else. I've reset all permissions to Allow and rebooting again now, will post back with what I find.

Looking forward to the new features, looks like a great update!
    12-28-09 08:13 PM
    I'm having the same issue as the others. For what it's worth, I set ALL permissions to allow on install, just as the instructions suggested. However, after install and reboot, I ran into the same problems as noted by other users in the thread. In checking, I found that permissions were no longer set to Allow for all areas. Not sure if it's a BES IT policy thing on my Tour or something else. I've reset all permissions to Allow and rebooting again now, will post back with what I find.

Looking forward to the new features, looks like a great update!
    Yep, found out that was the issue for me as well (in regards to the Bluetooth toggle). I even set the permissions all to allow prior to download, and am NOT on BES IT policy as this is my personal phone.

Tricky tricky..
    12-28-09 08:15 PM
    Thanks -- worked for my bluetooth issue (strange, I could have sworn I did choose allow the first time, but I must have missed a section!)
    12-28-09 08:16 PM
    Permissions with Blackberry is sometimes a tricky thing. Rim has some bugs there sometimes the settings don't stay or dont get set in the 1st place.

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds. That will set the permissions correctly 99.9% of the time.
    12-28-09 08:16 PM
    yea i got is thanks!
    12-28-09 08:17 PM
    Just updated my first post. Same thing happens every time. Permissions aren't set properly then 'Bluetooth toggle doesn't work!' posts start coming.
    12-28-09 08:18 PM
    Yep, worked for me to do the permissions set a second time and reboot as well. The permissions were definitely set to Allow for all features on install, but they apparently were reset to "Custom" somewhere after that step.

Working slick now, much faster BT toggling too. Very nice!

Thanks for the excellent update/improvement to the feature set!
    12-28-09 08:24 PM
164 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD