07-30-09 06:26 PM
310 12345 ...
tools
    ok so those of you with the ql options... i'm trying to narrow this down to a certain area in the code. anyone who wants to help me with this send me an email. i will give you a version with a reduced options screen, tell me if it works or not, then i will slowly add features of the options screen back in one at a time until we find out what is the problem. anyone interested and has patience pls email me.
    07-20-09 06:01 PM
    Bug report:

QL Options will not open up. Before I set any QL items, i hit the blackberry button in the main screen after launching QL and hit QL options, and nothing came up.

Then, after i set a QL item, while in the QL actions menu, i hit the blackberry button, then hit QL options and it froze my BB. I could only use the application switcher to get out. Each time I try to switch back to QL, it is frozen, I now have to reset my device.
    I got this exact issue the first time I tried to use QL Options re-booting now
    07-20-09 06:01 PM
    Yeah I can confirm this. And, it seems to corrupt the install. Even after a reboot, when you try to Launch QL it hangs.
    Same here, other than that issue everything else is working great. The only other thing I am seeing is that BBM 5 won't open using quicklaunch, it says "item already exists." But I think that is more on the BBM side being a leaked file and doesn't have anything to do with quicklaunch.
    07-20-09 06:02 PM
    A few things I have noticed after initially installing.
    1. The width of the window does not size itself to fit the contents of the menu item. I have "Manage Connections" as one of my items and it cuts off "ons" at the end. Happens whether QL is docked to the right or left.

2. In the Quicklaunch Options, when scrolling through the menu items, the cursor is not at all visible in the enter zip/location ID box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:04 PM
    So that when you say back out of QL options and back to your main QL, the cursor doesn't go straight back to the top, but goes to where it last was. The icon is double the size of normal icons and does not highlight when you scroll over it with the trackball

07-20-09 06:12 PM
    Same problem here with the freeze after hitting options.

After installing I began adding apps. I had clock and reset device set up. Then I tried to go into options to make font larger. I hit options and I froze. Couldn't back out. I hit the red "end" key and was able to release the freeze. Now QL won't open at all. When I attempt to open it by hitting the icon or the left convenience key I freeze. Only way to get unfrozen is to hit the end key.

07-20-09 06:12 PM
    ok so those of you with the ql options... i'm trying to narrow this down to a certain area in the code. anyone who wants to help me with this send me an email. i will give you a version with a reduced options screen, tell me if it works or not, then i will slowly add features of the options screen back in one at a time until we find out what is the problem. anyone interested and has patience pls email me.
    I also have the Options problem...would not open, froze up my device for a minute. then i presses the end key a few times and my QL closed and i was back to my home screen.

I'm open to you sending me the test version if you want to narrow down this problem....let me know

edit...after my Tour coming out of the freeze caused by the options bug, i tried to enter quicklaunch again (not the options menu, just ql) and my tour froze again. rebooting now.
    Last edited by JustinD2473; 07-20-09 at 06:18 PM.
    07-20-09 06:15 PM
    working on the options freeze now. will update when fixed.
    07-20-09 06:16 PM
    Same as everyone else.

I went to the QL icon after adding 3 items, Browser, Bolt, Opera. I clicked it with the ball. When the QL menu came up I clicked the berry button and selected QL Menu. That appears to have froze QL. Using the convenience keys I can get around the device but if QL comes to the front it is locked.

Also, with the icon you cannot tell that it is selected.
    Last edited by Syco54645; 07-20-09 at 06:28 PM.
    07-20-09 06:20 PM
    i got the app and it seems to working great...
    it is very fast, and easy to maneuver around....
    and i love how it adds more features than are actually given on the phone like screen grabber and others...

one problem on mine. as soon as i click the wikipedia search button, the quicklaunch menu goes away, but nothing comes up... then, the quicklaunch menu will not come back, and the device must be reset with a battery pull...
    do you need to have some wikipedia app in order for the wikipedia search to work?
    also i did not try it with the google search but the issue may continue since it is a similar search feature.

otherwise, no other issues yet

thanks for the beta
    07-20-09 06:25 PM
    dont need an app for wikipedia.

anyone else with this problem for the wikipedia function?

i got the app and it seems to working great...
    it is very fast, and easy to maneuver around....
    and i love how it adds more features than are actually given on the phone like screen grabber and others...

one problem on mine. as soon as i click the wikipedia search button, the quicklaunch menu goes away, but nothing comes up... then, the quicklaunch menu will not come back, and the device must be reset with a battery pull...
    do you need to have some wikipedia app in order for the wikipedia search to work?
    also i did not try it with the google search but the issue may continue since it is a similar search feature.

otherwise, no other issues yet

thanks for the beta
    07-20-09 06:29 PM
    Installed no problem options don't seem to work and when trying to launch options it locked the phone up VZW 9630 4.7.1.140
    07-20-09 06:31 PM
    My issue is I can't launch the QL options..when I try to open it my phone freezes..

07-20-09 06:32 PM
    dont need an app for wikipedia.

anyone else with this problem for the wikipedia function?
    Yep...i just added Wiki and tried it...doesnt work for me either.
    07-20-09 06:35 PM
    Looks like I'm late to the party.. same issue w/ freezing when try to open the options w/in the QL menu .

Cheetah if you still need someone to try the limited versions to narrow down the prob i can help you out with that.
    email sent
    07-20-09 06:37 PM
    im having the same problem the only way i can get out is do a battery pull and thanks so much for letting me be a bata tester for you
    07-20-09 06:37 PM
    Can't try Wikki cause I can't start QL since trying to open options. :-(

07-20-09 06:38 PM
    Had a long phone call before I reset my BB, and when I got off the phone, QL was no longer frozen. QL options still won't work, but good to see the freeze didn't last.
    07-20-09 06:40 PM
    Used the screen capture option to capture just my home screen, no apps were open....

1st time it gave me and all white black screen.

2nd time it correctly captured my home screen.
    07-20-09 06:44 PM
    Reset brought QL back for me too. Used left convenience button which I set before the reset.
    07-20-09 06:45 PM
    I just used the left convenience key to try and open QL again and it worked. Very strange as I tried doing that quite a few times earlier after I locked up. Options still isn't working though. Still freezes up after I attempt to open it. Have to hit the end key and it releases the lock-up. Very odd.

07-20-09 07:09 PM
    still workin on the options with a few testers...
    07-20-09 07:23 PM
    Here is a weird one set cb launcher as an app to open

Doesn't open the app but the cb launcher multiple times in options 4 to be exact...

Every time you click the cb launcher it adds it to the options screen.
    Last edited by spaciorek; 07-20-09 at 08:03 PM.
    07-20-09 08:00 PM
    ok everyone can download again. options bug fixed possibly.
    07-20-09 08:05 PM
    Here is a weird one set cb launcher as an app to open

Doesn't open the app but the cb launcher multiple times in options 4 to be exact...

Every time you click the cb launcher it adds it to the options screen.
    don't add the crackberry launch app to launch...

go to ADD WEBSITE and just type in m.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 08:09 PM
310 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD