Icon looks good, Stay lit locks me up.

After enabling Stay lit I'm unable to open Quicklaunch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    wen staylit is on did you hit the convenience key?
    the confirm dialog that is not coming up says to turn it off u have to hit a convenience key.
    try that.
    07-21-09 11:53 PM
    Also, when there is an odd number of items in ql, there is a blanbk empty space at the bottom of the bar where another link shud be. I cud fill it with another app or contact, but I shud not have to fill the space to make it look better

how many items total does this happen on?
    do you have weather on or off when this happens?
    07-21-09 11:54 PM
    wen staylit is on did you hit the convenience key?
    the confirm dialog that is not coming up says to turn it off u have to hit a convenience key.
    try that.
    Ok I'll try that

07-22-09 12:35 AM
    Staylit is working as intended for me. When I activate it, the dialog comes up and pushing "end" does turn off staylit. My phone does not freeze after using staylit, and I can access quicklaunch and launch other apps.

Also, as other people have said, the icon looks great.
    07-22-09 12:51 AM
    if you check the 'dont show again' checkbox does that work?
    07-22-09 01:16 AM
    I did not check the box. Now after checking the box, I am having the freezing problem. After opening staylit, when I try to open quicklaunch, the phone freezes until I press the "end" button. After pushing the "end" button, my phone is no longer frozen, but trying to open up quicklaunch freezes the system again. After rebooting quicklaunch functions normally.
    Last edited by maxmil2224; 07-22-09 at 01:41 AM.
    07-22-09 01:29 AM
    yea you cant access ql till you hit end key or convenience key.
    i have to do something about this
    07-22-09 01:45 AM
    Staylit is working fine for me. I haven't run into any issues

07-22-09 04:52 AM
    I did not check the box. Now after checking the box, I am having the freezing problem. After opening staylit, when I try to open quicklaunch, the phone freezes until I press the "end" button. After pushing the "end" button, my phone is no longer frozen, but trying to open up quicklaunch freezes the system again. After rebooting quicklaunch functions normally.
    Im having the same problem, i have to reboot to get QL to work again. By the way the new icon is great. I tested every other function on QL all is fine but staylit. Again thank you.
    07-22-09 05:00 AM
    The white screen happens on all versions of QL and has since day 1. It happens if you have the convenience key set to 'nothing' in QL.
    My convenience key's set to select in QL and if I press it 2x rapidly, it'll white screen + QL overlay. Does the other key have to be set to something else too?
    07-22-09 06:12 AM
    Icon looks goods.

I'm having the StayLit bug. I don't know if this helps, but this is exactly what happened to me when I tried to use the Storm version and did a QL Wikipedia search dialogue pop-up box.

I don't see any double apps in "add apps", but Word Mole (the game) still isn't showing up either.

There are 7 names under the Word Mole entry, the first being net_rim_device_apps_games_wordmole

edit: I did download the newest version late last night
    07-22-09 08:36 AM
    with 12 items in ql, they all fit perfectly in the black ql box,
    however when i have 11 items in ql, there is a slot for 1 more at the bottom, but there is no item there...
    when i get rid of 1 item (making 10), ql readjusts and fits all of them perfectly,
    if i get rid of one more (making 9), ql readjusts again.

it may only be with 11 items that there is an empty spot...

EDIT:::!! i had the clock and date at the top (but the problem was still the same with or without the time/date)...
    without the temperature, the space at the bottom is obvious (the ql is practically top to bottom of the screen), but with the temp, there is no empty space at the bottom (the ql menu actually gets a tiny bit smaller, fitting to the 11 items and weather)
    Last edited by adamr762; 07-22-09 at 09:00 AM.
    07-22-09 08:40 AM
    just tried the application app switcher twice

i put it in my ql, clicked on it, and nothing happened other than the freeze when i open ql, to get out i have to hit the end key, and then reboot to fix the freezing issue...
    Last edited by adamr762; 07-22-09 at 09:01 AM.
    07-22-09 08:42 AM
    Backup/restore doesn't save time, date, and weather settings. Also, upgrade wiped out these settings too. Everything else seemed to upgrade and restore ok with this latest version

07-22-09 09:24 AM
    I guess I am having a StayLit problem too..

I did not get a dialog box when activating StayLit and while it was on, niether convience key ended the process and I could not access QL at all.

Have to reset phone, as it will not come out of it.
    07-22-09 10:25 AM
    Just realized the shortcut option was missing when adding apps. In the Curve version there was an option to assign keys to an app. Example is assigning a "C" to the calendar. With QL open, hitting the "C" would open it. Any way to bring this option back?

07-22-09 10:35 AM
    possible new bug...

this is the 2nd time this has happened to me....on a phone reset, after coming back on my Quick Launch font color/style (font was bold and text was orange) settings and my Weather zip code option have gone away. All my text is now small, not bold and white again and my weather at the top of QL is no longer there. All my apps/shortcuts remain thankfully.

A QL Restore does not fix it.
    07-22-09 10:41 AM
    Okay seems to have been an update to the beta will download and continue testing. Sorry was in the ER all day with my wife.
    07-22-09 11:36 AM
    Welll the update is awesome so far easy to setup and customize no bugs so far.
    07-22-09 11:53 AM
    Just realized the shortcut option was missing when adding apps. In the Curve version there was an option to assign keys to an app. Example is assigning a "C" to the calendar. With QL open, hitting the "C" would open it. Any way to bring this option back?

I didn't realize this was supposed to be a feature in QL. I am new to blackberrys and having that would be a huge time saver. Can anyone confirm if this indeed will be part of the final version of QL for the Tour?
    07-22-09 12:18 PM
    hi. ooops forgot to add the keyboard shortcuts. will be there next update.

you guys found a lot of stuff. thanks. will try to have next update in 2 hours.

Thanks
    07-22-09 01:30 PM
    Thanks NetNurse. good find. totally forgot about that.
    07-22-09 01:31 PM
    My pleasure. Its a very useful feature!

07-22-09 01:44 PM
    just tried the application app switcher twice

i put it in my ql, clicked on it, and nothing happened other than the freeze when i open ql, to get out i have to hit the end key, and then reboot to fix the freezing issue...
    which app switcher? there are 2.
    you need to set all permissions to allow.
    07-22-09 02:22 PM
    email sent
    07-22-09 03:01 PM
310 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD