This is only my second BlackBerry (Storm prior to the Tour) and i do A LOT of reading here- not much posting... but i have a question. on the Storm, i grew to love the Quicklaunch app and used it many, many times every day, especially in composing SMS messages.

does QL work on the Tour?
    07-19-09 03:57 PM
    Not yet. They are in the process of developing a Tour version. It should be ready within the next few days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 04:00 PM
    It can not come soon enough for me! I bought the Tour for my wife and have told her that she will enjoy the Tour much more when we get QL put on it. I am keeping my eyes open for Tour version of the software!
    07-19-09 04:14 PM
    QL for the 8330 curve works on the tour....im using that now......
    07-19-09 04:17 PM
    Sent an email to NikkiSoft on July 15th about Quicklaunch for the Tour. They replied back (very quickly) that it would be available in a week... so I expect it sometime the week of July 20.
    07-19-09 05:11 PM
    I'm using the Storm version on my Tour and it works just fine.
    07-19-09 05:12 PM
    ok. i just went to my account in the appstore, downloaded QL onto my Tour and entered my activation code.

works like a charm!
    07-19-09 06:28 PM
    the ONLY thing that i dont like is the icon on the home screen. it doesnt 'hi light' as the other icons do- but other than that, its working great
    07-19-09 06:29 PM
    Using the Storm version of QL on my Tour with zero issues.
    07-19-09 06:31 PM
    Ran into my first QL problem... when using the built-in Wikipedia search (the pop-up) it locked up my system. I could get back to the home screen by hitting end, but from that point forward I couldn't get back into QL. I did a battery pull to clear it out, and I haven't tried to reproduce it yet. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    07-19-09 06:36 PM
    i dont use wikipedia so thats not an issue for me.

95% of my QL use is sending text messages. on click and its preformatted. i love it.
    07-19-09 06:53 PM
    Using the Storm version of QL on my Tour with zero issues.
    +1...have had no issues at all. Does anyone know if when the Tour version comes out if those that purchased the Storm version get migrate over at no cost?
    07-19-09 07:10 PM
    +2, the Storm version is running great on my Tour...probably better than it did on my storm, hehe.

07-19-09 07:13 PM
    +1...have had no issues at all. Does anyone know if when the Tour version comes out if those that purchased the Storm version get migrate over at no cost?
    Doubtful, but who knows!
    07-19-09 10:23 PM
    QuickTour developer will be back from vacation on Wed. Hopefully the beta testing for the Tour version will begin soon after that.

Check out Cheetah's post here....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/qui...75/index7.html

07-20-09 12:19 PM
    I emailed them last night and their response was they hoped to have it out this weekend, give or take a day.
    07-20-09 12:54 PM
    The Storm version of QL works fine on the Tour. I have that version.
    07-20-09 01:43 PM
    Ran into my first QL problem... when using the built-in Wikipedia search (the pop-up) it locked up my system. I could get back to the home screen by hitting end, but from that point forward I couldn't get back into QL. I did a battery pull to clear it out, and I haven't tried to reproduce it yet. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    +1 on that. I use Wikipedia everyday for one reason or another, It's not a critical issue to have it working on QL, but it does make it so much quicker to do searches!
    07-20-09 02:51 PM
    I purchased QL on my Curve, but upgraded to a Tour today. Is there anyway I can get QL on the Tour without purchasing it again?
    07-21-09 06:16 PM
    i am using ql for the tour (newest verion of it), as a beta tester, there are a few issues they are working out and it should be out soon.
    and yes it is very useful and an as great and convenient as before.
    07-22-09 10:20 AM
    I purchased QL on my Curve, but upgraded to a Tour today. Is there anyway I can get QL on the Tour without purchasing it again?
    I have a similar question. If i buy the latest version out right now (the storm one?), will i be able to download the Tour version when it comes out without buying it? I want to use this program but obviously don't want to pay twice.
    07-22-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD