Also I got a funky thing happening with QL and SMS text messages. I am using a Curve 8330 and the Today theme. If I compose a Text message with QL and send it, it will send it but also place it in the Message portion of the today theme like I just recieved a message. So every message I send with QL it places it in my Today inbox. I composed SMS the regular way. This only happens win I use it compose an SMS with QL. An thoughts?
    03-20-09 08:53 AM
    bump for answer
    03-20-09 03:16 PM
    bump for answer
    I've no idea, but Cheetah will catch up with the thread and take a look soon - he's had some landlord problems to deal with last day or so...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 03:45 PM
    Hi. The sms / today thing is a theme / rim bug. Haha. That seems to my answer to everything. However, it's true. There are other apps also that use/send sms msgs and they will appear on some today msg areas. In fact any app that sends an sms that's not made by rim will do this. It might be a bug in plazmic or something. I'm not sure. I don't understand it because QL doesn't send anything actually. It just opens the sms app and that's it. I've already written to rim and posted about this on the rim forums as other developers have too. Mayyyyb they will fix it sooner than later.
    03-20-09 06:08 PM
    Shoot....that is a deal breaker for me. I text all the time and I can't have that. If they ever fix it I will for sure buy the program.
    03-20-09 08:21 PM
    It doesn't happen with the themes I use. I use a few too so maybe it's not every theme.
    03-20-09 10:10 PM
    Hmm... I'm starting to think this is a theme specific bug and mayyyb not a RIM bug. I just tested this with the Glass and BluBerry themes and it didn't happen.
    03-20-09 10:15 PM
    I also just tried this with another theme and it worked fine.
    So it's looking like this is a problem with the theme you are using.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-20-09 at 10:37 PM. Reason: EDIT: Just tested again. It did happen this time. weird.
    03-20-09 10:17 PM
    I'm just using the today theme that came with the phone. Weird
    03-21-09 07:16 AM
    you phone comes with a today theme? ok. that means it's definitely a rim bug.
    i've written them 2 times about this and i'm sure other people have too.
    03-22-09 12:04 AM
    Yeah the 83xx comes pre-loaded with the Dimension icon, zen, today and L themes.

03-22-09 01:35 AM
    Not spending $5 on this. Not worth it in my opinion. Not that addicted to these phones
    03-22-09 01:40 AM
    Not spending $5 on this. Not worth it in my opinion. Not that addicted to these phones
    Your on a Blackberry/Crackberry forums & you think your not addicted...lol...j/k. To each his own. I bought this app & it was $5 well spent. Worth every penny.

03-22-09 01:52 AM
    Ok, Cheetah/Bigjazz... I gave this a go on the stock dimension today on my 8320 and what seems to happen is that as I send the msg it briefly appears in the messages section on the homescreen (as it's sending) but then disappears a second or so after that... It never stays there on mine...?
    Prob no help but just an observation.

03-22-09 02:16 AM
    Hey that's fine and up to you, but there are LOTS of people who just love this app. And to be honest if you take a look at other apps and pricing etc, then you'll see that $5 is a very reasonable price (for something so usefull). But hey, if you don't need/want it fine, but once you get used to usinh it there's no going back to the long winded way you had to navigate away from an app, to another one, or to msg, then compose, then choose number/address etc etc. Just my 2p's worth.

03-22-09 02:23 AM
    How will we know if QuickLaunch gets an update? I do remember the crackberry store having a history of purchases and it shows all the software and updates if available but forgot how to go to that screen.

03-22-09 05:24 AM
    03-22-09 05:50 AM
    Ok, Cheetah/Bigjazz... I gave this a go on the stock dimension today on my 8320 and what seems to happen is that as I send the msg it briefly appears in the messages section on the homescreen (as it's sending) but then disappears a second or so after that... It never stays there on mine...?
    Prob no help but just an observation.

That's interesting. It goes away? RIM is so weird haha. I wish they'd open it up and let developers have access to all the goodies already.
    03-22-09 05:54 PM
    How will we know if QuickLaunch gets an update? I do remember the crackberry store having a history of purchases and it shows all the software and updates if available but forgot how to go to that screen.

You will be notified by mail of updates. That's how crackberry/mobihand works.
    It's automatic.
    03-22-09 05:54 PM
    hey cheetah started using the app and i'm lovin it like mcdonalds however i had question hopefully you have an answer.

I have my messages and sms messages split and i made a shortcut for both however the ql thinks of it as one application. is there a way to have them both split in ql instead of being the same?
    03-23-09 02:08 AM
    hey cheetah started using the app and i'm lovin it like mcdonalds however i had question hopefully you have an answer.

I have my messages and sms messages split and i made a shortcut for both however the ql thinks of it as one application. is there a way to have them both split in ql instead of being the same?
    I'm sure it'll be clarified, but I'm pretty sure that QL will open the last one used (msg's or sms) and it can't be separated. I think the only way is to combine the two and just use a messages inbox.

03-23-09 02:37 AM
    Can QuickLaunch and settings be transferred to another phone? I'm considering upgrading to the BlackBerry 8900 and it would be a shame if I couldn't take this awesome app with me.

EDIT: I see. I have to log in to my software account page as mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by filipinoy973; 03-23-09 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Soultion found
    03-23-09 09:44 AM
    Got this last week, I mite not have it totally decked like I'm sure some of you do, but I gotta say this app is AWESOME. Definitely makes texting for me so much faster! For the price it definitely can't be beat. Not that it's a big deal, but is it possible to highlight more than 1 thing if I want to move it? If anyone knows could you let me know? Thanks
    03-23-09 11:33 AM
    This thing is awesome! I just got the trial version, to make sure it was something I'd actually use, not just something that sounded cool. I'm already hooked!
    03-23-09 08:41 PM
    I love this app. I wasn't sure I'd use it enough but now I find myself using more of my apps. Thanx so much.

03-23-09 10:43 PM
236 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD