Might help but might find the same programs that won"t allow the QL menu (eg opera) also won't allow app switcher to open... It's that way with opera at least
    Well at least with Oprah there is a work around

Downloaded this program and tried to get it added myself, tried a couple things but unfortunately it is not something that QL is picking up. Have not been able to add it, yet

*EDIT* Not sure if it matters, but Cheetah, I had to add this program via Desktop Manager, whereas anything else I have on my phone has been OTA. Would there be any reason something added via DM would not work on QL?
    Last edited by Bowersdmstech; 03-16-09 at 01:53 PM.
    03-16-09 01:50 PM
    no that shouldn't matter. they are the same files. same app.

so what is happening when you open the app switcher? you can't open the app switcher? did you try holding down the bb menu key?
    03-16-09 02:23 PM
    did you try holding down the bb menu key?
    Totally forgot about this method, but I did this when Bubble Popper was running, then while holding BB Key, pushed my QL conveinence key to launch it, add item, application, there it was sitting there, waiting for me to add.

Works good now.
    03-16-09 02:27 PM
    Just wondering CheetahAce. Would it be possible to add an option for toggling bluetooth on/off just like the wifi option.

And not sure if anyone else would like it.

But could it be possible to change it so that when typing in a search for wiki/google and pressing enter it would act like clicking ok rather than making it go down to a new line.
    03-16-09 03:47 PM
    Totally forgot about this method, but I did this when Bubble Popper was running, then while holding BB Key, pushed my QL conveinence key to launch it, add item, application, there it was sitting there, waiting for me to add.

Works good now.
    Wow Thanks guys. I tried the above method and it works!!!! So nice to have my time killing addiction available on QL.
    03-16-09 06:14 PM
    Man I love this app!

Why is this app is not integrated into the BB's OS from the factory is beyond me. It is that dam good.

I have been playing with my phone all day long changing things around, renaming, separating, sorting...

At $5.00 - I kinda feel like I've stolen something.

David
    03-16-09 06:57 PM
    Man I love this app!

Why is this app is not integrated into the BB's OS from the factory is beyond me. It is that dam good.

I have been playing with my phone all day long changing things around, renaming, separating, sorting...

At $5.00 - I kinda feel like I've stolen something.

David
    Yeah, he definitely kicked **** getting this up and functional. And it makes using the BB so much more easier and convenient.
    03-16-09 07:00 PM
    This may be a dumb question but I've got to ask. To the best of my knowledge I'm running 4.5 OS, will this app work on my 8310 or is there another OS update that I'm missing? I've had my BB for about a month so I'm still pretty new. Any help would be great. Thanks
    03-16-09 07:02 PM
    This may be a dumb question but I've got to ask. To the best of my knowledge I'm running 4.5 OS, will this app work on my 8310 or is there another OS update that I'm missing? I've had my BB for about a month so I'm still pretty new. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Don't know if this helps, but I have an 8330 with the 4.5 OS and works great.

*EDIT* If you go to this page QuickLaunch - NOW ALSO FOR 83xx! Launch Apps, Websites, Email, SMS, Phone #'s, Media files and more! - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software
    it shows the 83xx models (Meaning any of the 8300's) with OS 4.5, so you should be good to go.
    Last edited by Bowersdmstech; 03-16-09 at 07:09 PM.
    03-16-09 07:05 PM

Absolutley - I am running 4.5 on my 8310.

David
    03-16-09 07:16 PM
    Great! Thanks for the info everyone, think I'll definitely be picking this app up now.
    03-16-09 07:46 PM
    Just wondering CheetahAce. Would it be possible to add an option for toggling bluetooth on/off just like the wifi option.

And not sure if anyone else would like it.

But could it be possible to change it so that when typing in a search for wiki/google and pressing enter it would act like clicking ok rather than making it go down to a new line.
    yea i think i can do this. thanks for the idea.
    03-16-09 08:09 PM
    I have tried the demo and was disappointed that you could not open QL with a convenience key even though it states in the manual that it is the best way to do it. Is this just a limitation of the demo, I am ready to buy but just want to verify before I do?
    03-17-09 09:06 AM
    I have tried the demo and was disappointed that you could not open QL with a convenience key even though it states in the manual that it is the best way to do it. Is this just a limitation of the demo, I am ready to buy but just want to verify before I do?
    Hello OldTimer...I have purchased the QL application and you can assign the program to a convenience key. It is a great application you will love it! So don't hesitate to buy it!!
    03-17-09 09:13 AM
    Hello OldTimer...I have purchased the QL application and you can assign the program to a convenience key. It is a great application you will love it! So don't hesitate to buy it!!
    Thanks a bunch, my only problem with it, going to go buy right now!
    03-17-09 09:18 AM
    Thanks a bunch, my only problem with it, going to go buy right now!
    No problem! Enjoy the application!!!
    03-17-09 10:00 AM
    To set QL to a convenience key go to home, options, screen/keyboard and scroll down. The option is there and just choose 'QuickLaunch'.
    03-17-09 11:48 AM
    QL working beautifully for me. It's compact and it hasn't thrown anything funny. Great job with only 15 days in beta for the 83xx. I'm really impressed.
    03-17-09 11:01 PM
    Do we have to have OS 4.5 for this to work???
    03-18-09 09:35 AM
    Do we have to have OS 4.5 for this to work???
    I'm afraid so...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:47 AM
    Wow this is so awesome! I've been drooling over it ever since I missed out on the Beta testing. This is exactly the type of app I want and the price is so reasonable. Thank you so much for making it available for 83XX Curves! That is so great and I really appreciate it.

I will be getting it when I get home, I'm on my way out the door; however I had to stop and tell you and thank you.

~Jazzi~

03-18-09 10:00 AM
    Got it, Love it.
    03-18-09 10:04 AM
    Ok....Looks like a great app....thinking of buying it. Question: Is there a way to create a folder to drop all my SMS Address in? I have a lot of people I text and I don't want to make my QL menu really long.
    03-19-09 10:14 PM
    Ok....Looks like a great app....thinking of buying it. Question: Is there a way to create a folder to drop all my SMS Address in? I have a lot of people I text and I don't want to make my QL menu really long.
    I brought this up during the beta test and what Cheetah told me is that unfortunately there is no way of doing this. Not because the program can't, but because their is some security thing going on here from RIM that does not allow it.

Basically, if I set my QL for my messages, it will pull up the last thing I do. So if I have my Email and SMS sepearted, if I pull up SMS last on the BB, when I pick this option from the QL menu, it will pull up the SMS. If the last thing I did was pull up my Email, when I pick the same option from QL, it will pull up the email.

So what I ended up doing is not having my SMS and Emails seperated so now everytime I use this option in QL, it will pull up my Messages which include SMS and Emails.

You should really give this program a try if you haven't already. It really is simply amazing and makes the BB so much more fun to use.
    03-19-09 10:32 PM
    I believe sub menus are coming in a future update...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 01:49 AM
236 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD