I am not quite sure how to use the Audio/Video/Pic function in Quicklaunch. I played around with the function, but, kind of got nowhere.
    Here is the link to the Operation Manual:

http://www.nikkisoft.com/manual/qlmanual.pdf

David
    03-15-09 06:13 PM
    I tried to add my Yahoo inbox to Quicklaunch but I was only get the net_rim_bb_messaging that you speak of that opened up the Blackberry Messenger. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly. I am sure that I opened up my Yahoo launcher button on my homescreen, opened up Quicklaunch, clicked on applications and got the net_rim_bb_messaging string, but, I don't think that lead me back to my Yahoo inbox. I will try it again, but, do you have any pointers on how to add the yahoo inbox to Quicklaunch.

Thank you for any help!
    Don't think it's possible to link to an individual email inbox, just the messages inbox that all messages go to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 06:18 PM
    Here is the link to the Operation Manual:

http://www.nikkisoft.com/manual/qlmanual.pdf

David
    Thank you very much! I went to NikkiSoft makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Storm App Launcher and read,but, I must have missed the link there for the manual! Thanks again!
    03-15-09 06:20 PM
    I tried to add my Yahoo inbox to Quicklaunch but I was only get the net_rim_bb_messaging that you speak of that opened up the Blackberry Messenger. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly. I am sure that I opened up my Yahoo launcher button on my homescreen, opened up Quicklaunch, clicked on applications and got the net_rim_bb_messaging string, but, I don't think that lead me back to my Yahoo inbox. I will try it again, but, do you have any pointers on how to add the yahoo inbox to Quicklaunch.

Thank you for any help!
    Don't think it's possible to link to an individual email inbox, just the messages inbox that all messages go to.

03-15-09 06:41 PM

Thank you that would explain my problem.
    03-15-09 06:45 PM

Thank you for any help!
    Hi. Several instant messengers such as yahoo won't let other apps (ie: QL) start them. I know this is unfortunate but I have contacted them to see if they could make a change and am waiting to hear from them. Several other apps have made modifications so that they can be started from QL. QuickText is one example that I recall.
    03-15-09 07:17 PM
    I have been looking at this app, going back and looking at it again and after reading all of the positive responses - I finally pulled the trigger.

I just placed my order and am waiting on it now.

David
    Are you still waiting? Sometimes mobihand will do a 'fraud' check on some orders and that takes several hours i'm told. usually they do this on paypal purchases.
    03-15-09 07:18 PM
    I am not quite sure how to use the Audio/Video/Pic function in Quicklaunch. I played around with the function, but, kind of got nowhere.
    this function will allow you to add a pic or video or audio(mp3 etc) or .xls or .doc or any type of file like that to QL. what you do is use the QL file explorer and navigate to where these files are stored and then just select and save.
    If you have probs let me know.
    03-15-09 07:19 PM
    yes sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    03-15-09 07:20 PM

Yes, this is correct. RIM only allows 3rd party apps to link to the 'Inbox". If it were possible to open a specific folder etc then it most definitely would already be in QL because I made this app as a necessity that I myself had which was the need to get everywhere on the phone quickly and I put in as much as I could. there will be updates too as things progress. The storm version has already had 4 updates in the last 2-3 months
    03-15-09 07:21 PM
    If you back up your third party apps will it not be a workable copy?
    the alx file is in the zip. i just checked. it wasn't there the first 4-5 hours after i released and someone pointed it out to me so i put it in there. it's there now definitely.

one thing to note is that if you lose your zip file or whatever you can always go back to mobihand or crackberry log in to my account and download it again.
    03-15-09 07:25 PM
    Hi. Several instant messengers such as yahoo won't let other apps (ie: QL) start them. I know this is unfortunate but I have contacted them to see if they could make a change and am waiting to hear from them. Several other apps have made modifications so that they can be started from QL. QuickText is one example that I recall.
    I didn't want to open yahoo messenger, I wanted to open my yahoo inbox in Quicklaunch...But while trying I kept getting the Blackberry messenger opening instead of my yahoo inbox. Thank you for the follow up message...Also, thank you so much for all your work to create this wonderful application!!
    03-15-09 07:30 PM
    that means you selected the wrong app in the list.
    bb messenger is the rim_blah_blah_qm_peer one.
    if you've messed up just delete and re-add but you've probably already done this.
    03-15-09 07:33 PM
    that means you selected the wrong app in the list.
    bb messenger is the rim_blah_blah_qm_peer one.
    if you've messed up just delete and re-add but you've probably already done this.
    It was my understanding that Quicklaunch would not let you open your yahoo inbox...It is not a big deal because I do have a yahoo mail launcher icon on the homescreen, and this is still a great app!
    03-15-09 07:40 PM
    currently QL can only open your "inbox" that is linked to the Blackberry mail system. i have my gmail and yahoo mail and hotmail setup in my bb (not using apps) so when i hit inbox on ql i have access all my mail in one place and don't have to hop all over the place.
    03-15-09 07:42 PM
    Are you still waiting? Sometimes mobihand will do a 'fraud' check on some orders and that takes several hours i'm told. usually they do this on paypal purchases.
    Oh No - I got it in the customary 15 minutes or so and loaded it up. It is even better than I thought.

I have now created a folder for all of the icons of the applications I can access via QuickLaunch and my desktop is bare now

I am still playing with it....

David
    03-15-09 07:47 PM
    Yea. It's cool. I agree.

It's even better when you get used to using it. for awhile you will fall back on old habits and do things the 'old' way but eventually QL will become habit and then it's really handy.
    03-15-09 07:52 PM
    this is a great app, I am loving this so much. One problem that I have come across is that I can"t get QL to add one of my favorite games bubble popper to the list. While the game is playing I cannot open QL.
    Any ideas why this is and is there a way around it.
    03-15-09 08:04 PM
    currently QL can only open your "inbox" that is linked to the Blackberry mail system. i have my gmail and yahoo mail and hotmail setup in my bb (not using apps) so when i hit inbox on ql i have access all my mail in one place and don't have to hop all over the place.
    I got the "Messages Inbox" added to my QL!..I am getting to know my way around QL!
    03-15-09 08:15 PM
    this is a great app, I am loving this so much. One problem that I have come across is that I can"t get QL to add one of my favorite games bubble popper to the list. While the game is playing I cannot open QL.
    Any ideas why this is and is there a way around it.

Try this:

1: Open Bubble Popper
    2: Close Bubble Popper (If you can, hit the end button (Hang up call button) so you go back to your home screen)
    3: Open QL
    4: Hit the Blackberry Button
    5: Choose "Add Item"
    6: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the right hand column and choose "Application" box
    7: Your Bubble Popper Program should be listed at this point
    8: In the top box, label it whatever you want it to show up as in your QL menu
    9: Press end call button and select "Save"
    10: Hopefully now at this point, the program will be in your QL menu and you should be able to start it from the QL menu.
    03-16-09 12:07 AM
    When Opera Mini is running, it disables the convenience keys. Is there a way for QL to circumnavigate this, or is it a case of pressing the End button first then accessing QL?

Maybe this would be an opportunity to ask Opera if they could fix this problem?
    03-16-09 12:21 AM
    When Opera Mini is running, it disables the convenience keys. Is there a way for QL to circumnavigate this, or is it a case of pressing the End button first then accessing QL?

Maybe this would be an opportunity to ask Opera if they could fix this problem?
    At the moment it's a case of pressing the end button first to access QL...

03-16-09 02:03 AM
    Try this:

1: Open Bubble Popper
    2: Close Bubble Popper (If you can, hit the end button (Hang up call button) so you go back to your home screen)
    3: Open QL
    4: Hit the Blackberry Button
    5: Choose "Add Item"
    6: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the right hand column and choose "Application" box
    7: Your Bubble Popper Program should be listed at this point
    8: In the top box, label it whatever you want it to show up as in your QL menu
    9: Press end call button and select "Save"
    10: Hopefully now at this point, the program will be in your QL menu and you should be able to start it from the QL menu.
    Bowersdmstech,
    Thanks for the reply, this is what I've been doing and bubble popper is never listed. It's not a major problem, it's just that I used that game quit a bit to kill a little time and would love it listed in QL. Any other ideas to get Bubble Popper to work with QL?
    03-16-09 06:17 AM
    what happens when u hit the end key? does bubble popper stay running in the background? u can check by looking at the switch applications list.
    if the end key is closing the program then try starting BP then use switch applications to go to the home screen or QL if QL is already started. let me know.
    03-16-09 12:32 PM
    what happens when u hit the end key? does bubble popper stay running in the background? u can check by looking at the switch applications list.
    if the end key is closing the program then try starting BP then use switch applications to go to the home screen or QL if QL is already started. let me know.
    Might help but might find the same programs that won"t allow the QL menu (eg opera) also won't allow app switcher to open... It's that way with opera at least
    03-16-09 01:41 PM
236 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD