Yes you can add opera. but don't close opera as he said. just start opera and then use the task switcher or switch application to get to QL while leaving opera running.
    03-15-09 12:12 AM
    I for one had the app before it came out, and this is a very very good app.. A must have for anyone with a blackberry..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 12:13 AM
    Oh man my window is gray. I use the default theme that I modded to be a today plus theme. I'll see how the TMO default theme looks like. But like I said it's all good.

03-15-09 12:15 AM
    Yes you can add opera. but don't close opera as he said. just start opera and then use the task switcher or switch application to get to QL while leaving opera running.
    I just would push the "End Call" button once I had Oprah running and then add it that way. Not sure if this is the same thing you all are talking about or something different.
    03-15-09 12:15 AM
    The end call thing worked? hmm.... i didn't know you could do it that way.
    03-15-09 12:19 AM
    I for one had the app before it came out, and this is a very very good app.. A must have for anyone with a blackberry..

Tae, you got your registration code right?
    03-15-09 12:22 AM
    Tae, you got your registration code right?
    Naw I didn't..

03-15-09 12:23 AM
    The end call thing worked? hmm.... i didn't know you could do it that way.
    Yeah, when we beta'd this and I was trying to explain how I got my Sprint TV and NFL Mobile and Oprah and Instango and whatever else added to QL, this is the method I would use, with the end call button. Doing this, and when I went to the application area in QL from the Add Item menu, it would always populate the last program running before I loaded up QL even if it was not actively running at the time I brought up QL.
    Last edited by Bowersdmstech; 03-15-09 at 12:29 AM.
    03-15-09 12:24 AM
    Naw I didn't..

pm me with your device pin then.
    03-15-09 12:28 AM
    Gottcha

03-15-09 12:29 AM
    Just bought it, I'll post my opinion after I tool around
    03-15-09 12:40 AM
    Hi How do I make it so that I can get from my quicklaunch to inbox?? I seen SMS but was a little confused since it took me to my phonebook
    03-15-09 01:23 AM
    Hi How do I make it so that I can get from my quicklaunch to inbox?? I seen SMS but was a little confused since it took me to my phonebook
    The SMS function is to add a shortcut to be able to quickly sms someone... That's why you need to choose the # from your address book for the person you want to be able to SMS.

To add QL shortcut for the inbox:
    Open inbox - open QL select add item - scroll to application tab and click - the messaging app should be already selected (rename top line if you like) - save.... Done!

For apps you have to have them open/running to add them to the QL menu...

03-15-09 01:28 AM
    The SMS function is to add a shortcut to be able to quickly sms someone... That's why you need to choose the # from your address book for the person you want to be able to SMS.

To add QL shortcut for the inbox:
    Open inbox - open QL select add item - scroll to application tab and click - the messaging app should be already selected (rename top line if you like) - save.... Done!

For apps you have to have them open/running to add them to the QL menu...

Actually with messaging, as it's a core program that always runs it should already be available with the application tab. Just select that then scroll to choose application click and it'll bring you a list of available apps that you can add. Messaging is one. It's called net_rim_bb_messaging or something simillar, just rename it on the top line when selected...

Either way will work.

03-15-09 01:32 AM
    Awesome thanks so much.. I love quicklaunch.. It is definately on my top 3 apps Awesome work !!
    03-15-09 01:37 AM
    Awesome thanks so much.. I love quicklaunch.. It is definately on my top 3 apps Awesome work !!
    Yeah it's a great app - and really usefull (which makes a nice change these days)!!

03-15-09 01:41 AM
    Hey cheetah I got a suggestion for an update if you plan on making one--have left or right scrolling act as page up/down in the pop-up menu, similar to opera mini scrolling. It's quicker and more one-handed.

03-15-09 02:01 AM
    Here are the current QuickLaunch shortcuts:

page down: space
    page up: shift space
    top of list: alt-t
    bottom of list: alt-b

you can also do alphabetical search by typing the 1st character of a menu item.

Thanks.
    03-15-09 01:46 PM
    First of all let me say this is a great app. Thanks to all you have worked on and tested it. I am having a problem with the Yahoo Messenger app. It seems to add just fine but when I try to open it I get a "Uncaught exception: DSC" error. I have tried several times, deleted and added again. Did a Battery Pull but still no luck. Any recommendations?
    03-15-09 02:32 PM
    I agree, this is a must have. I purchased it today. However, when I downloaded and extracted the .zip file, no .alx file is included; only .cod & .jad so, I could not install it using Desktop Mgr. (I prefer to keep a copy of my purchased BB software on my PC in case I 'loose' it and have to reinstall. Been there, done that.) But, having the file sent to my Curve 8320 as a SMS, it installed with no problem. I just don't have a copy on my PC as a backup.
    If you back up your third party apps will it not be a workable copy?
    03-15-09 02:57 PM
    First of all let me say this is a great app. Thanks to all you have worked on and tested it. I am having a problem with the Yahoo Messenger app. It seems to add just fine but when I try to open it I get a "Uncaught exception: DSC" error. I have tried several times, deleted and added again. Did a Battery Pull but still no luck. Any recommendations?
    Don't think IM apps will add (with the exception being BBmessenger)...

03-15-09 03:25 PM
    I get Instango (All in one IM client) to work with no issues.
    03-15-09 04:37 PM
    I have been looking at this app, going back and looking at it again and after reading all of the positive responses - I finally pulled the trigger.

I just placed my order and am waiting on it now.

David
    03-15-09 05:15 PM
    Actually with messaging, as it's a core program that always runs it should already be available with the application tab. Just select that then scroll to choose application click and it'll bring you a list of available apps that you can add. Messaging is one. It's called net_rim_bb_messaging or something simillar, just rename it on the top line when selected...

Either way will work.

I tried to add my Yahoo inbox to Quicklaunch but I was only get the net_rim_bb_messaging that you speak of that opened up the Blackberry Messenger. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly. I am sure that I opened up my Yahoo launcher button on my homescreen, opened up Quicklaunch, clicked on applications and got the net_rim_bb_messaging string, but, I don't think that lead me back to my Yahoo inbox. I will try it again, but, do you have any pointers on how to add the yahoo inbox to Quicklaunch.

Thank you for any help!
    03-15-09 05:55 PM
    I am not quite sure how to use the Audio/Video/Pic function in Quicklaunch. I played around with the function, but, kind of got nowhere.
    03-15-09 06:03 PM
236 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD