QuickLaunch is now available for the 83xx series.
    QuickLaunch is a shorcut / app launcher that appears as a scrollable, configureable menu you can be displayed from any screen on your phone giving you access to the functions you use most with just one click. It also has other convenient functions such as device information, google and wikipedia search, wifi / bluetooth management and lots more.

From the NikkiSoft website:
    QuickLaunch is a must have application for every BlackBerry. With an interface that is seamlessly integrated with the look of the BlackBerry OS, QuickLaunch will create shortcuts to most any application on your device with ease and style.

QuickLaunch allows you to setup shortcuts to various functions such as Websites, Email and SMS addresses, Phone numbers, 3rd Party Apps, Videos, Images, Audio files, Device Info, Bluetooth Configuration, Camera, Video Camera, Delete your Call Logs, and other functions such as Blackberry Options, Calculator, Calendar, Event Log, Tasks, WiFi On/Off Toggle and more! Configure a convenience key to activate QuickLaunch and when pushed a menu will popup showing a scrollable list of your configured actions. The menu can be set to appear on the Right or Left side and can be shown on virtually any screen so you can perform any action without backing up and navigating through your homescreen and folders saving you time. Quick easy access to what you want to do wherever you are!

QuickLaunch does not run in the background taking up resources. QuickLaunch runs only when it's opened allowing you to choose your previously configured shortcut, function or 3rd Party Application. Make your selection by highlighting the menu item you want and your off! QuickLaunch then exits until you run it again.

I will be online from time to time to answer questions. If I'm not available please send me an email at the contact email listed on nikkisoft.com as that's where I usually am. (no pm's please)

To learn more about QuickLaunch please visit NikkiSoft makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry App Launcher

Thanks.

CheetahAce
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-14-09 at 01:34 PM.
    03-14-09 01:08 PM
    Yay! Thanks a bunch CheetahAce!
    03-14-09 01:12 PM
    This is one awsome app for the curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 01:21 PM
    83xx's if you are reading this you need to pick up this app you wont be dissapointed its a must to help keep you shortcuts in order on your blackberry .
    03-14-09 01:22 PM
    This app should now be #1 on everyine's must have apps.

03-14-09 01:29 PM
    This app should now be #1 on everyone's must have apps.

03-14-09 01:30 PM
    3 words, Get This App

Nuff said.
    03-14-09 01:46 PM
    Cheetah, on your website, under "Supported Devices" you need to now add 83xx.

I see it on the top of the page advertising about how the 83xx is now supported, but where I mentioned, it's not listed.

Just a FYI.
    03-14-09 01:48 PM
    ooops! thanks!
    03-14-09 02:00 PM
    I agree, this is a must have. I purchased it today. However, when I downloaded and extracted the .zip file, no .alx file is included; only .cod & .jad so, I could not install it using Desktop Mgr. (I prefer to keep a copy of my purchased BB software on my PC in case I 'loose' it and have to reinstall. Been there, done that.) But, having the file sent to my Curve 8320 as a SMS, it installed with no problem. I just don't have a copy on my PC as a backup.
    03-14-09 03:51 PM
    Waited for it, downloaded it, and like I expected, I love it!!!

I am getting an error message though when trying to use SMS from the menu. Something to do with my firewall. I have to use my firewall for another program that I run. I'll bring it up again and post it.

And my firewall is set everything to ALLOW.
    Last edited by doctorlove316; 03-14-09 at 04:15 PM.
    03-14-09 04:05 PM
    Waited for it, downloaded it, and like I expected, I love it!!!

I am getting an error message though when trying to use SMS from the menu. Something to do with my firewall. I have to use my firewall for another program that I run. I'll bring it up again and post it.

And my firewall is set everything to ALLOW.
    Just a piece of advice, but you may want to email Cheetah at his email listed at the site where you purchased the software. I think that is what he was wanting to happen when the software launched today.

Cheetah should help you out soon. He is pretty good about getting back to you if their is a problem.

Good luck,
    Bowers
    03-14-09 04:22 PM
    Will do, I just saw he was lurking around here recently and might see it.
    03-14-09 04:36 PM
    Man I spent $6 on LaunchPads like a month ago. If this was out I'd have gotten it instead. What with all the hype and my impulsiveness I purchased this immediately and am very satisfied. It has way more support on opening apps, such as opera mini. Very nice app, Cheetah. Btw, I'm assuming the black color background menu is for 4.6+ OS, right? If there were an option to change the color it'd be awesome. But doesn't matter because it's still good. Nice job again, ace.
    03-14-09 04:37 PM
    I would have already purchased it if there was an ota dl/install, but I won't be home until late so I'll get it right away then. I've been waiting. That beta program filled up in about a minute.
    03-14-09 04:43 PM
    Been patiently waiting for this. Been lurking over the beta testing discussions and will DL this app tonight.
    03-14-09 06:06 PM
    Man this guy is good. I notified him of the .zip file problem at 2:29pm pdst and by 4:24pm I had the corrected .zip file on my PC. Their customer service ROCKS!
    03-14-09 06:44 PM
    Definitely get this.....you will not regret it!!!!! I love it!

03-14-09 06:52 PM
    I downloaded it last night and I am very impressed! I have now changed my theme from L to Bottom Dock, as I no longer need that many icons on my home page!

By the way, I can't seem to add Opera Mini as a shortcut on QL? Any tips on how to do it?

03-14-09 10:51 PM
    Got it. Love it. Btw, order from the website and the checkout will send an ota link to your sms.

03-14-09 10:59 PM
    LOVE this program

Thanks so much!

Ashly
    03-14-09 11:10 PM
    I downloaded it last night and I am very impressed! I have now changed my theme from L to Bottom Dock, as I no longer need that many icons on my home page!

By the way, I can't seem to add Opera Mini as a shortcut on QL? Any tips on how to do it?

Just open opera, then go to quicklaunch and add the app. An app has to be running for it to be on the list to add.

03-14-09 11:17 PM
    Just open opera, then go to quicklaunch and add the app. An app has to be running for it to be on the list to add.

The thing is, you have to launch oprah, and then close it, and then open QL and add it. Oprah is one of the few that will not let you open QL on top of it.

So again, open Oprah, close Oprah, Open QL, Add Item, Go to Application box, and the program populated should be oprah (If I am not mistaken, it will have a weird name to it, just rename it on the top line to Oprah or whatever you want it to show up as in your QL list.)
    03-14-09 11:20 PM
    By close he means press the red End key to minimize it, then open quicklaunch to add, so as to not cause any confusion

03-14-09 11:33 PM
    Man I spent $6 on LaunchPads like a month ago. If this was out I'd have gotten it instead. What with all the hype and my impulsiveness I purchased this immediately and am very satisfied. It has way more support on opening apps, such as opera mini. Very nice app, Cheetah. Btw, I'm assuming the black color background menu is for 4.6+ OS, right? If there were an option to change the color it'd be awesome. But doesn't matter because it's still good. Nice job again, ace.
    Oh my god! I'm so sorry everyone. I forgot to subscribe to my own thread!
    haha. geeeez. i was checking my threads all day and was wondering why noone was writing in this thread.

No, the background is determined by the current theme. I have tons of themes on my device so QL will just take on the look of the theme.
    03-15-09 12:10 AM
236 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD