Having recently bought a PlayBook, one QL function I quickly realized I'd like to see is a Bridge On/Off Toggle.

Sorry if QL already does this and i didn't notice, but is it possible to launch Home Screen Folders like Games, Applications, etc?
    Maybe call that Folder Launcher, and re-name the current function as File Launcher.

Other idea for down the road is a toggle for Wi-Fi Hotspot as well.

Emailed you few days back. Let me know if I can test when you're ready!
    I didn't get your email. Can't do folders. I don't have a playbook. how do you turn the bridge on / off?
    12-07-11 03:24 PM
    Is there are any way that you can get it to recognise more apps? The one I'm specifically looking for is called Sky Mobile, its an old OS5 app that I've managed to get working on OS7. The other ones would be PDF to GO and Password Lock.

Other than that the only thing I'd like (don't know if its possible) is to be able to create my own simple macros similar to the ones you've already instituted like GPS toggle or Profile select. If that could be done then I'd like macros that you could set to run automatically, say straight after a reboot allowing me to restart Quickweather for example. That sort of thing would be really cool!

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Mav.
    what's the module name for sky mobile? and where can i download it.
    12-07-11 03:28 PM
    what's the module name for sky mobile? and where can i download it.

I believe the module name is: SkyMobile_Blackberry_4_7_EN

As for where to download it you should be able to find it in AppWorld (see link below) but be aware that it is OS5 compatible and may say its unavailable for your device. As it did mine
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/946
    Cheers.

Mav.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mavrique; 12-07-11 at 06:42 PM.
    12-07-11 06:38 PM
    app world wont even show the sky mobile app on my os7. so im guessing that since it's not compat w/ os7 that's the reason it wont show up in ql
    12-07-11 09:38 PM
    app world wont even show the sky mobile app on my os7. so im guessing that since it's not compat w/ os7 that's the reason it wont show up in ql
    You're the developer and you know your app so I won't disagree; all I'll say is that I'd be surprised.

There are many apps that are supposedly NOT OS7 ready but still work afaik that doesn't mean they're not compatible - but what do I know. If you open the link in the browser on your phone it will show it in appworld. You still may not be able to download it mind you but it will show it.

The other alternative (if its still an option) is that I can send you the COD files. Let me know.

Cheers.

Mav.
    Last edited by Mavrique; 12-08-11 at 02:53 AM.
    12-08-11 02:49 AM
    You're the developer and you know your app so I won't disagree; all I'll say is that I'd be surprised.

There are many apps that are supposedly NOT OS7 ready but still work afaik that doesn't mean they're not compatible - but what do I know. If you open the link in the browser on your phone it will show it in appworld. You still may not be able to download it mind you but it will show it.

The other alternative (if its still an option) is that I can send you the COD files. Let me know.

Cheers.

Mav.
    i did open the link. didnt show. and then i did a search. didnt show.
    12-08-11 02:58 AM
    Important news for those who want the next update:
    It's a good update. at least i think it is.
    First iteration is for os7 devices only.
    It will NOT be available on mobihand. of course.
    I will not be doing ota's. don't ask/demand/rant. not gona happen.
    This will be a paid update so I will put it on app world for cheap. If you have been thinking of getting QL I HIGHLY suggest waiting till this release because aw's paid update capability is not as flexible as ponzihand's was. It's not flexible at all in fact. read between the lines.
    More details / why's / why not's will be in my release post.
    I have 1 more day of coding. 2 days of app world / de-mobi prep and final testing. Then submit to aw and then it will b avail 2 days after that but im going to ask aw to rush it to 1 day which works sometimes.

All the information you need is in this post so read it again before you freak out.
    12-08-11 03:52 AM
    Not a rant, question or a demand. I know this is a calculated risk as a developer, as you know you will alienate some folks. Luckily, it should be the only time...

Those of us that jumped and paid for QL a second time at AW in hopes of ditching Mobihand and getting updates get to pay a third time... LOL

Good thing it's a great app
    12-08-11 04:17 AM
    yea sorry about that. it actually just occurred to me now that some mobi customers ppl might be already buying from app world so i thought i would give notice to minimize that.
    12-08-11 04:24 AM
    and it's not a calculated risk. i rly have no choice. app world won't let me specify a time frame for updates and ota's and all that are too much work/hassle/maintenance/support. i already work 16 hours day on QL. i need the rest of the day to sleep and play w/ nikki. it's 2:15 am here and as usual im still working.
    12-08-11 04:27 AM
    It's a shame AW is so inflexible, but it's the 800# gorilla ATM

No worries though. QL is indispensable at any price

Thanks for all your hard work!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-08-11 05:14 AM
    So nobody has enterprise messenger?
    12-08-11 01:57 PM
    I'm trying to get my old 9700 version upgraded to work on my new 9900. I was able to change my pin in the mobihand store. But when I try to swap device, I just get a blank popup with no choices. I have tried this from several devices using different browsers.

I have emailed both mobihand and the nikkisoft gmail address within the past 24 hours, but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or have a solution?
    12-08-11 03:19 PM
    ok... Everybody STOP buying apps on ( WikiPedia - Ponzi scheme ) Mobihand. I'm still getting email notices indicating purchases being made for QuickLaunch and QuickLaunch updates on mobihand. There is no quicklaunch update on mobihand. Mobihand has stopped supporting all apps that have pulled out of mobihand and are still taking your money and in most cases not delivering the correct version to you.

If you've paid for quicklaunch or a quicklaunch update within the last month or 2 contact mobihand right now and demand a refund.

emails:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

and feel free to contact the President of Mobihand directly to express your displeasure at the way they are handing their business:
    [email protected]

Last edited by CheetahAce; 12-08-11 at 04:00 PM.
    12-08-11 03:43 PM
    So nobody has enterprise messenger?
    Nope... I can't help.
    12-08-11 03:54 PM
    I actually bought QL almost two years ago through Mobihand via the CrackBerry store. I did it that way, because I thought I was showing my support for CB, and because AppWorld was so bad back then. It was my only purchase with them.

On the plus side, their customer support did get back to me, and I successfully downloaded version 3.9 for my 9900. I won't use them in the future though, if the developers aren't getting paid.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-08-11 04:07 PM
    I actually bought QL almost two years ago through Mobihand via the CrackBerry store. I did it that way, because I thought I was showing my support for CB, and because AppWorld was so bad back then. It was my only purchase with them.

On the plus side, their customer support did get back to me, and I successfully downloaded version 3.9 for my 9900. I won't use them in the future though, if the developers aren't getting paid.
    you just wasted your 1.99. read my last several posts
    12-08-11 04:23 PM

I am pretty sure that we will have to repurchase through BB App World for the update that is upon us. I as well purchased from mobihand a long time ago. No biggy... support the developers right?
    12-08-11 04:27 PM
    you just wasted your 1.99. read my last several posts
    I didn't pay anything for the upgrade. They honored the free major version upgrade. I just hope they gave you and CrackBerry your respective cuts back in Feb., 2010 when I first purchased it.
    12-08-11 04:39 PM
    I didn't pay anything for the upgrade. They honored the free major version upgrade. I just hope they gave you and CrackBerry your respective cuts back in Feb., 2010 when I first purchased it.
    Same with me when I got my 9930... free upgrade to 3.9.
    12-08-11 04:44 PM
    I am pretty sure that we will have to repurchase through BB App World for the update that is upon us. I as well purchased from mobihand a long time ago. No biggy... support the developers right?
    Yes, I don't mind paying for a good app. QL has been a great addition to my BB's for a long time. It's nearly time for the major version number to go up anyway.
    12-08-11 04:47 PM
    Yes, I don't mind paying for a good app. QL has been a great addition to my BB's for a long time. It's nearly time for the major version number to go up anyway.
    Yes, very true.
    12-08-11 05:41 PM
    Hi,
    I had 3.7 version installed previously from MobiHand.
    I've decided to buy it again on AppWorld to get latest 3.9 version but AppWorld on my BB 9780 shows version 3.0! So I did.
    I've run through all instructions on auto-reply message from support of nikkisoft, deleted app & AppWorld etc. but still AppWorld shows version 3.0.
    If I try to install it - my activation code is refused.
    For now - I've just installed version from Crackberry store.

How can I get AppWolrd on device to show latest version (web version of AppWorld shows 3.9) and upgrade to it?

--
    kig
    12-09-11 09:27 AM
    CA, there is one issue I'm having with an app - had it on OS5 as well as currently on OS7 with QL. I've added ScoreMobile to the QL menu but whenever I try to access it from there, nothing happens and QL will no longer load via convenience key.

Has this just been my installations?
    12-09-11 10:55 AM
    CA, there is one issue I'm having with an app - had it on OS5 as well as currently on OS7 with QL. I've added ScoreMobile to the QL menu but whenever I try to access it from there, nothing happens and QL will no longer load via convenience key.

Has this just been my installations?
    If QL won't launch via convenience key... do a battery pull. Mine has done this in the past.

If scoremobile still won't launch... delete it from QL and re-add it trying an alternate launch method.
    12-09-11 11:22 AM
309 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD