I have the quicklaunch application on my storm and am trying to add an item that will open my sms messages and an item that will open my email messages. I open one and then try to add the item per the quicklaunch instructions but am having a hard time in ascertaining which currently running item is for the email, and which one is for the sms messages. Thanks for any help.
    03-03-09 05:33 PM
    just use the buttons on the lower part of the "Add Items" screen "SMS" or "EMAIL"

It knows the difference and will set it up properly for you.
    Hope this helps
    03-03-09 06:42 PM
    Thanks, but that's not quite what i'm after. When i do that, it just opens up SMS as though i want to text someone. I just want to open up my SMS messages or just my email messages list(s)
    03-03-09 06:51 PM
    I decided I didn't need that app on my Quicklaunch because the icon is right on my home screen. I basically added apps that were a little harder to get to so Quicklaunch would eliminate some menu steps to get to them. Just a thought...
    03-03-09 06:54 PM
    Yeah i know i could put icons on the home screen but then that takes up two valuable buttons on the home screen when it could be done with none.....
    03-03-09 07:01 PM
    I have the quicklaunch application on my storm and am trying to add an item that will open my sms messages and an item that will open my email messages. I open one and then try to add the item per the quicklaunch instructions but am having a hard time in ascertaining which currently running item is for the email, and which one is for the sms messages. Thanks for any help.
    QL doesn't open folders a such as SMS, email, media etc...Those tasks are easy performed by having the folders on the main page. QL access more of the common drill down functions of the Blackberry.
    03-03-09 10:48 PM
    OK. Too bad though, i think accessing those folders would be a nice addition. Just my opinion. Thanks again.
    03-03-09 11:05 PM
    I got a quicklaunch ? What does it do???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 04:23 PM
    The RIM operating system currently does allow 3rd party apps to open specific folders.

In the case of email / sms you should name your menu item "Inbox". that's what i do anyway. It will open you last used inbox whether it be email or sms. This is a rim limitation which is similar to the folder limitation. As soon as they change this there will be a quicklaunch update.

You can find out what quicklaunch does here:
    NikkiSoft makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Storm App Launcher

Thanks.
    03-14-09 04:47 PM
    In the case of email / sms you should name your menu item "Inbox". that's what i do anyway. It will open you last used inbox whether it be email or sms. This is a rim limitation which is similar to the folder limitation. As soon as they change this there will be a quicklaunch update.
    CheetahAce, I am guessing that this limitation is still in place? I was hoping to add submenu commands to open my @gmail.com, corporate email, SMS, etc., separately (rather than my combined "Messages" folder). It looks like this still can't be done. Since this thread is over a year old, I thought I would refresh it and see if anyone has any new thoughts or information. Thanks!
    04-26-10 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD