I purchased Quicklaunch through Appworld, but just had to replace Blackberry's due to a bad trackball. Now the activation code won't work since my PIN changed. I contacted the developer of Quicklaunch and am waiting for a reply, but what are people doing in my situation?
    08-20-09 11:35 AM
    Just to add, I even re-downloaded from App World and it gives me the same activation code and doesn't generate a new one. Seems like a bug in BB APP world with QuickLaunch....
    08-20-09 11:56 AM
    That is the reason I don't buy much from app world. It is a pain to get new codes. The crackberry store (aka the mobihand store) lets you change you PIN and get new codes for you apps instantly.

But the only solution is to wait for the developer to send you the new code.
    08-20-09 03:15 PM
    I'm in the same boat. They should really sticky this info somewhere great app. But damn app world is annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 10:56 PM
    I buy from the CB store as well for that same reason... I change phones like no other and it's easier to manage this way. I've got two new bolds, had the tour, 8900, storm and 8330 in less than 6 months, so having this ability is a must.

Even if I only changed devices every two years, it's still easier to manage.
    09-15-09 11:14 PM
    so no one has come up with any solution yet ? i keep searching the forums and nothing .. i emailed nikkisoft and they told me this .. first to go to mobihand .. ( but i told them i purchased it through app world .. ) then the uninstall ql .. app world .. batt pull .. reinstall app world .. reconcile .. code should be on the right hand .. no good same old invalid on my new phone code .. then on the last email i get this .. " Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

* https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic

and fill out the form.

also go here BlackBerry Support Community Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    and post your situation in the app world forum. they have app world employees that will answer the posts."

but blackberry forums there are kinda worthless .. i searched .. (app world .. pin .. invalid .. etc )
    i couldnt ask rim support my question because my pin is apparently invalid =-\ as is my old tour pin ..
    maybe i should dig up my 8130,8830 or my brother's 8330 and give those pins a short so i can ask my question..

great app and i'm considering going through crackberry and just purchasing it again if it saves me all this hassle..
    but there really should be a better way to address these problems in a fact or something because i'm sure im not the only one getting frustrated with this run around ..

dan
    09-16-09 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD