Hi, I'm new here. Recently purchased QuickLaunch 2.11 for my 8900 because it was half off. However, when I downloaded the app, it wouldn't start.

When I try to open, it says:
    Error starting QuickLaunch: Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.UiEnginelnstance' not found.

Here are my phones info:
    Blackberry Curve 8900 (T-Mobile)
    PIN: 24AA7724
    Version: 4.6.1.114

Thank you.
    08-03-09 02:08 PM
    First, do a Battery pull... leave your device on, pull the battery, leave it out 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait to boot up.

If it still does not work, uninstall, then reinstall it... it might ask for a reboot in between... you should do the reboot.
    08-03-09 02:12 PM
    I've done both. Uninstalled, reinstalled, battery pull.
    08-03-09 02:23 PM
    In sequence... uninstall... battery pull... install.
    08-03-09 02:47 PM
    Yes. I've done that
    08-03-09 03:03 PM
    I think I found the problem (I think Crackberry sent me wrong version, it was meant for Tour):

"QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, URL, Mail, SMS, PIN, Calls, Tilt Lock, Screenshot, Reset, Media and more! - For Tour "

I emailed them and now waiting for response
    08-03-09 03:19 PM
    Did you do it again right now... or you had tried that already??? How about humoring me and try it again.
    08-03-09 03:22 PM
    I think I found the problem (I think Crackberry sent me wrong version, it was meant for Tour):

"QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, URL, Mail, SMS, PIN, Calls, Tilt Lock, Screenshot, Reset, Media and more! - For Tour "

I emailed them and now waiting for response
    I guess the wrong version will cause you issues too!!!
    08-03-09 03:23 PM
    Yeah LOL. Thank you for trying. I hope i get a resend, I really want to play with app.
    08-03-09 03:33 PM
    Just go to the CB store... be sure you have the 8900 selected on the left side... and click on the Trial version link again.

**** EDIT: Sorry, I guess there is no free trial version.
    Last edited by fatboy97; 08-03-09 at 03:51 PM.
    08-03-09 03:44 PM
    Just go to the CB store... be sure you have the 8900 selected on the left side... and click on the Trial version link again.

**** EDIT: Sorry, I guess there is no free trial version.
    The developer is too paranoid to offer a free trial!
    08-03-09 05:08 PM
    The developer is too paranoid to offer a free trial!
    I usually don't buy anything unless they offer a trial version... I guess this another one that I will not try or buy.
    08-03-09 05:25 PM
    I usually don't buy anything unless they offer a trial version... I guess this another one that I will not try or buy.
    I'm in the same boat as you on this one for sure. I can't understand for the life of me why this guy is so paranoid about giving out a trial of his software. I mean, you need a damn key to run it anyway. So really the user is purchasing a key to use the software, not the software itself. I know the developer mentioned in the past that when he had a trial version someone *cracked* his authentication function so that people were getting his code for free. Since then he decided to scrap the free trials and expect everyone to purchase his software no matter what. I guess convenience for his customers was much less important to him than the potential of losing a few dollars. That really doesn't surprise me since his customer service skills are questionable much of the time.
    08-03-09 05:30 PM
    I called them and they resent me link for 8900 version.
    Thank you crackberry workers for your fast efforts.

FYI One of the best apps ever.
    08-03-09 05:44 PM
    What was the number.... i need to call with the same issue!
    08-05-09 08:30 PM
    What was the number.... i need to call with the same issue!
    When you click the Crackberry Store. It's in the upper right corner

866 904 5772
    08-05-09 10:10 PM
    Yep... I'm getting the same exact problem with my Curve 8350i. My device has been active on my CrackBerry profile forever, and i confirmed it was selected at time of purchase. I got the version for the Tour, as well.

Wow, I wish software for the 8350i was available as quickly as was software for the Tour!!
    08-08-09 09:19 PM
    Hey A.... I know you don't like the developer, but I do really like QL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 11:26 PM
    I just got an email from the developer (Saturday night at 10pm) telling me "sorry" and that CrackBerry posted the wrong link. That was nice of him. Wish all developers were as thorough as QL's. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by YITBOS7; 08-09-09 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Typed "Friday" instead of "Saturday".
    08-09-09 12:25 AM
    I really dont understand why there isn't a trial period for this program. So what someone cracked is trial, go back and make it so it can't be cracked. Look at how many trial apps are out there that have no problem.

Ive gotten ripped off a few time with apps that didn't work well or apps that had so many bugs it wasn't worth having. As a result of this I wont buy any apps that don't have trials.

I'm in the same boat as you on this one for sure. I can't understand for the life of me why this guy is so paranoid about giving out a trial of his software. I mean, you need a damn key to run it anyway. So really the user is purchasing a key to use the software, not the software itself. I know the developer mentioned in the past that when he had a trial version someone *cracked* his authentication function so that people were getting his code for free. Since then he decided to scrap the free trials and expect everyone to purchase his software no matter what. I guess convenience for his customers was much less important to him than the potential of losing a few dollars. That really doesn't surprise me since his customer service skills are questionable much of the time.
    08-11-09 07:27 AM
    I really dont understand why there isn't a trial period for this program. So what someone cracked is trial, go back and make it so it can't be cracked. Look at how many trial apps are out there that have no problem.

Ive gotten ripped off a few time with apps that didn't work well or apps that had so many bugs it wasn't worth having. As a result of this I wont buy any apps that don't have trials.
    I'm with you on this one, bro. I don't understand it either and its just a really poor decision the developer made.
    08-11-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD