recently I upgraded my 8330 to OS 5.0.0.230 and all of my other apps work great, besides QuickLaunch. when I go to add an application, a lot of my apps that were available under OS 4.5 are no longer listed under the dropdown menu (Ascendo DataVault & Flashlight).

is anyone else having issues with any applications not being seen? how do I fix this?
    10-10-09 05:59 PM
    I can't speak for the 8330, but on my 8900 it works without a hitch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 07:10 PM
    I can't speak for the 8330, but on my 8900 it works without a hitch.

how did you install the software? did you make a backup before you reloaded your OS (this is what I did)? or did you install via AppWorld or some other feature?

I don't think it liked the way I installed it which is why it's kind of wonky.
    10-10-09 07:21 PM
    I made a back up. I didn't wipe it completely clean, but this is my second 5.0 os with ql and I haven't had a issue. Try emailing support and see if they have had this issue before. The only possible thing I can think of is that the apps aren't installed. I'm sure you have checked that.

10-10-09 07:29 PM
    QL works fine for me on the 8900 running 5.0.0.238. I've found one limitation though: The "Media" icon in 5.x.x.x OS actually opens a special folder with other icons in it for Music, Videos, Ring Tones, Pictures, etc. QL doesn't seem to see those apps when I go to "Add Item", so I can't use QL to invoke one of them. It DOES see "Media", but that's only a folder name now, so although I can "add" it to QL as an item, invoking it from QL does nothing.

I suspect they will have to deal with the change in icon / menu / sub-menu structure in 5.x.x.x to make QL compatible with changes like this.

Even though that part doesn't work, I still love having QL on my device, and I use it frequently.
    10-10-09 09:38 PM
    when I get some time I'm going to try to load up QL on 4.5, make a backup, and then reload 5.0 to see if it'll work.

thanks for the tips.
    10-11-09 08:56 AM
    EDIT: Ahh crap, ignore this post...I was answering the question to your thread title, not your actual post.
    Last edited by Yosaki; 10-11-09 at 12:21 PM.
    10-11-09 12:18 PM
    i cant get the clock to come up using quick launch on my tour running the irutherun ,230 hybrid..anyone else having this issue?
    10-11-09 03:06 PM
    Works fine for me. As a matter of fact I bought it via App World today. Only glitch I have is a graphical inconsistency when I had it set to pop up on the left side of the screen.

10-11-09 07:37 PM
    I missed this thread while searching earlier (only saw the QL for Storm OS 5.0 thread). Here's a list of QuickLaunch features that currently don't work for me on Bold running OS 5.0.0.238 (and QuickLaunch v2.12.3):
    • Reset Device (prompts me to confirm that I want to reset, then nothing happens)
    • Camera Shutter Mute (option doesn't show up)
    • Flashlight (option doesn't show up)
    • Compose SMS (doesn't prompt for recipient(s))
    I've always wished my C key would let me compose an SMS instead of an email and was really excited to assign the function to QuickLaunch, but when I chose Compose SMS using QL, it opens a blank SMS rather than prompting me for a recipient. Sure it's a quick way to start typing an SMS, but if you can't choose who you want it to go to, it's not very practical.

Since QuickPull doesn't work with 5.0 yet I've been using Alt+Right Shift+Del to reset when I have to, but I'd love to set it up with QL so I can once again perform the action with one hand. I've noticed that with Alt+Shift+Del I need to hold the keys longer to reset the device than I did in previous versions, perhaps QL doesn't work because it's not holding the keys long enough?

Camera and Flashlight are self explanitory. They're just not there and I would like both of them.

Those are really the major reasons I bought QL. Everything else I do already has a key shortcut or at the very least an icon I can place conveniently enough to access quickly. I wish there'd been an option to try the software because I'd likely not have bought until at least a couple of these issues are addressed. Its a bummer to be excited about the features an app promises, to read nothing but good reviews, to shell out the mony, and wind up with an app that doesn't do the things you bought it for. I hope they can all be fixed in the near future. I PMed CheetahAce before I found this thread so hopefuly I didn't annoy him and he'll respond. I hate being negative, but I really would like to have known that it wouldn't work for me before paying for it.
    10-12-09 10:10 PM
    UPDATE: CheetahAce was very fast to get in touch via email, so I wanted to let everyone know where things stand now.
    • I tried the Google Mobile fix for the device reset problem, and it worked, but I found it to be more trouble than it's worth. I'd rather hit Alt+Shift+Del than reinstall a Google app I don't even use every time I start the phone. I'll be patient and see if RIM unlocks whatever API is keeping QuickPull and/or QuickLaunch from being able to reboot the device. Until then I'll use both hands to reboot.
    • Peek-A-Boo is a free app made by Berrycoder, and it works nicely for taking pics without the shutter sound. Calling it from QL gives me one-click silent picture taking.
    • For the one-touch flashlight without time-out, I found "THE Flashlight" by the Jared Company on sale in the CrackBerry mobile app store for $0.99. It works nicely with QL for now and one extra dollar is a small price to pay for having everything I want even while using a pre-release, leaked version of the OS. It will suit my needs for a flashlight until a QuickLaunch update for Bold containing the Flashlight feature is released.
    • QSMS is another freeware app by Berrycoder, which gives one-click access to composing an SMS. It uses the Q key. So pressing Q is a shortcut to Compose SMS the same way the C key works to compose an email. QSMS is very simple and lightweight, and when used with QL, I can assign any letter to it. So on my phone currently, the C key starts composing an email, and the right convenience key followed by the C key starts composing an SMS.
    CheetahAce talked to me about all my issues and said he's currently working on them, so maybe I'll get to take Peekaboo, QSMS and the Flashlight app off my device as QL is improved. Even as it stands now, the rest of the features in QL are working great for me and I'm already addicted to the added control. I really like the fact that you can set the same convenience key that opens the app to "Select." This means you can put the same app that used to be on that convenience key in the top slot of your QL menu, and double-click the convenience key to open that app. So the same two apps are on my convenience keys as before I got QL, I just have to press the button for the app on the side with QL twice to launch that one.

And to be fair, I want to make it clear that I could have done my own homework before purchasing QuickLaunch, and the lack of these features on the Bold is clearly documented by CheetahAce. Even though the mobile app store doesn't say some of those features don't work on the Bold, the Nikkisoft site clearly states those features are for the Tour only. I should have read more instead of grabbing the app from the first place I saw it, or better yet, searched for this thread. I'm glad that I found a way to get the Tour features working on my Bold, even if it means using more 3rd party apps as a work-around. The extra apps are small and I keep them hidden, and I only really launch them via QuickLaunch. That way, if CheetahAce gets those features working for the Bold I can update QL, remove the extra program(s) and nothing has to change about the way I used my Bold. I look forward to future QuickLaunch updates, but even with it working the way it does now, it was well worth the $5.

Thanks, CheetahAce!
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 10-14-09 at 01:56 AM.
    10-14-09 01:32 AM
    I'm having problems with adding msn, icq and aim to ql under 5.0.0.238 with my blackberry bold. They just don't show up in the add application menu. did anyone experience similar problems?
    10-14-09 05:42 AM
    Just saw this post now.
    thanks

UPDATE: CheetahAce was very fast to get in touch via email, so I wanted to let everyone know where things stand now.
    • I tried the Google Mobile fix for the device reset problem, and it worked, but I found it to be more trouble than it's worth. I'd rather hit Alt+Shift+Del than reinstall a Google app I don't even use every time I start the phone. I'll be patient and see if RIM unlocks whatever API is keeping QuickPull and/or QuickLaunch from being able to reboot the device. Until then I'll use both hands to reboot.
    • Peek-A-Boo is a free app made by Berrycoder, and it works nicely for taking pics without the shutter sound. Calling it from QL gives me one-click silent picture taking.
    • For the one-touch flashlight without time-out, I found "THE Flashlight" by the Jared Company on sale in the CrackBerry mobile app store for $0.99. It works nicely with QL for now and one extra dollar is a small price to pay for having everything I want even while using a pre-release, leaked version of the OS. It will suit my needs for a flashlight until a QuickLaunch update for Bold containing the Flashlight feature is released.
    • QSMS is another freeware app by Berrycoder, which gives one-click access to composing an SMS. It uses the Q key. So pressing Q is a shortcut to Compose SMS the same way the C key works to compose an email. QSMS is very simple and lightweight, and when used with QL, I can assign any letter to it. So on my phone currently, the C key starts composing an email, and the right convenience key followed by the C key starts composing an SMS.
    CheetahAce talked to me about all my issues and said he's currently working on them, so maybe I'll get to take Peekaboo, QSMS and the Flashlight app off my device as QL is improved. Even as it stands now, the rest of the features in QL are working great for me and I'm already addicted to the added control. I really like the fact that you can set the same convenience key that opens the app to "Select." This means you can put the same app that used to be on that convenience key in the top slot of your QL menu, and double-click the convenience key to open that app. So the same two apps are on my convenience keys as before I got QL, I just have to press the button for the app on the side with QL twice to launch that one.

And to be fair, I want to make it clear that I could have done my own homework before purchasing QuickLaunch, and the lack of these features on the Bold is clearly documented by CheetahAce. Even though the mobile app store doesn't say some of those features don't work on the Bold, the Nikkisoft site clearly states those features are for the Tour only. I should have read more instead of grabbing the app from the first place I saw it, or better yet, searched for this thread. I'm glad that I found a way to get the Tour features working on my Bold, even if it means using more 3rd party apps as a work-around. The extra apps are small and I keep them hidden, and I only really launch them via QuickLaunch. That way, if CheetahAce gets those features working for the Bold I can update QL, remove the extra program(s) and nothing has to change about the way I used my Bold. I look forward to future QuickLaunch updates, but even with it working the way it does now, it was well worth the $5.

Thanks, CheetahAce!
    10-16-09 02:54 AM
    Reset Device is working on my Storm running .230 now! Goodbye QuickPull, Meterberry, and MemoryEye.

Edit: Well, it worked once. Once. (Johnny Dangerously anyone?) Why does there have to be a trick to getting anything to work with 5.0?
    Last edited by PossumPete; 10-16-09 at 09:28 AM.
    10-16-09 08:46 AM
    it doesn't launch bbm 5.0....on my curve....but I am running os 4.5
    10-16-09 08:59 AM
    it doesn't launch bbm 5.0....on my curve....but I am running os 4.5
    It will next update...
    10-16-09 11:59 AM
    It will next update...
    SWEET!...Thanks CA!
    10-16-09 12:00 PM
    i had it running fine. for some reason after i wiped and reinstalled 5.0.238 now, when i select "sms my brother" it freezes, i have to reset everytime. does that on a few peoples names under "sms"
    what giveS? permissions are all on "allow"
    10-18-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD