I really want to get these two apps but everytime I have bought an application it always seems to go on sale again the following week.
    I am just curious as to how often these two apps actually go on sale?
    Also, are they both really worth it? I mean quicklaunch seems cool but at the same time it seems like it isn't too hard to just find what I am looking for and click it.
    03-31-10 01:28 PM
    Not site about the sale part but these two apps are essential in my opinion. The home screen icon with MeterBerry makes it real easy to keep tabs on your memory and Quicklaunch makes everything easy especially if you have a theme with a Quicklaunch hot spot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 01:49 PM
    Not sure about the sale part but these two apps are essential in my opinion. The home screen icon with MeterBerry makes it real easy to keep tabs on your memory and Quicklaunch makes everything easy especially if you have a theme with a Quicklaunch hot spot.

03-31-10 01:50 PM
    Meterberry is not on my phone but QuickLaunch is indispensible to me. Whatever price I paid was well worth the amount.
    03-31-10 01:52 PM
    I first bought MeterBerry when I had a Storm 1 with very low memory. At that time, it was a useful tool (especially with the necessary reboots). Since then, I've upgraded to the Storm 2 and it's not AS useful, but still, a nice little tool to have. Tracking memory loss, battery usage, etc. Not essential for me, just nice (especially since I already had it).

As for QL, I resisted buying it for the longest time...just didn't think it was worth it. Finally, I relented and I'm sure glad I did. I don't like screen clutter (and I can only imagine just how really important this is on devices with smaller screens like your Tour). QL gives me Two-Click access to any app I might use. I don't have to dig deep down in to the basement to find what I'm looking for. In fact, if you think about it, you could have just a few icons on your screen: a message dock (not sure about the Tour, but on my Storm, I can set it so that ALL messages come to one folder, I don't have to go searching for the specific email/SMS/BBM or whatever, folder to find the message); one for your favorite weather app (as someone else here said, if you use a theme that had a dedicated weather slot, there ya' go); browser dock and a QL dock. Bingo, you've got a relatively clean screen and can access anything.

As to the sale thing, I doubt anyone can really tell you ahead of time. They're only a few bucks, so at least you're not spending hundreds only to discover that it went on sale for $29.95 a week later
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 03-31-10 at 02:07 PM.
    03-31-10 02:00 PM
    Have you looked at the very top of the main CB page? CB changed the name of the app store to "Blackberry Superstore" All apps are now 20% off by using the code "SUPER"

So your in luck, they are on sale until April 5th.
    03-31-10 02:13 PM
    I would jump on them both right now........ 20% off is a sale enough for me to make the decision. You won't regret the purchase..
    03-31-10 02:48 PM
    My advice is go ahead and buy QuickLaunch (which rarely goes on sale), and put MeterBerry in a Watch List. Then buy MeterBerry when it goes on sale, if you still feel you need it. It may be a while, because I think it was on sale one day last week.

One of QuickLaunch's many applets is "Device Info" which I use often to quickly check memory, battery, etc.
    03-31-10 03:05 PM
    I have both apps and love them, I happened to purchase them both when they were on sale so I got lucky. QL has some great extra features like screen capture, device reset and a few others.

Do it!
    03-31-10 09:04 PM
    Meterberry is not on my phone but QuickLaunch is indispensible to me. Whatever price I paid was well worth the amount.
    $4.99 for QuickLaunch. Is that a one time price, or yearly ?
    03-31-10 09:36 PM
    $4.99 for QuickLaunch. Is that a one time price, or yearly ?
    One time, same with Meterberry
    03-31-10 09:49 PM
    Both are one time prices....worth the money.
    03-31-10 09:59 PM
    Hey thanks everyone for the input! I am buying them now as we speak!
    I really was reluctant to buy Quicklaunch because everyone says it is worth it and I just didn't understand but hopefully I will agree wtih everyone
    Thank you for all the help!
    04-01-10 07:04 AM
    I have both & can't imagine my Berry without them...but a question to those that have both. I can't use the simulated battery pull with either app, they don't work. Quick launch just won't do anything and MeterBerry always states that a reset is already scheduled. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the "reset" in my 3rd party application list. Its not a big deal, I've tried everything I can think of and I'm thinking it is a conflict between the 2 apps? Do you think I'm right, or any suggestions? Anybody else notice this?

04-04-10 05:55 PM
    I don't have Meterberry but its currently sitting in my mobihands checkout box all day now.

As for QL I highly recommend it. Very useful features.

I have both & can't imagine my Berry without them...but a question to those that have both. I can't use the simulated battery pull with either app, they don't work. Quick launch just won't do anything and MeterBerry always states that a reset is already scheduled. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the "reset" in my 3rd party application list. Its not a big deal, I've tried everything I can think of and I'm thinking it is a conflict between the 2 apps? Do you think I'm right, or any suggestions? Anybody else notice this?

I had this exact same thing happen to me. QL reset would not work the first time I tried it.

I googled a bit and someone said do the reset 2-3 times in a row until it works. So back to back resetting.

I figured it was worth a shot so I did and it actually worked!

As always tho YMMV.

Cheers,
    Bill
    05-07-10 02:36 PM
    I really want to get these two apps but everytime I have bought an application it always seems to go on sale again the following week.
    I am just curious as to how often these two apps actually go on sale?
    Also, are they both really worth it? I mean quicklaunch seems cool but at the same time it seems like it isn't too hard to just find what I am looking for and click it.
    Both are well worth the money in my opinion. Quicklaunch is great but if you don't feel like purchasing meterberry, quickpull does basically the same thing.
    05-07-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD