I have been struggling trying to add an item to my Music Player. When i select Audio, Video Image, File etc..it takes me to Explorer which i don't want.

I want to create a shortcut to my Music Player. The screen where you see

All Songs
    Artists
    Albums
    Genres

etc...

Any ideas?
    06-22-09 11:23 AM
    Sorry, misread your post....can't help you on this, I don't use QuickLaunch
    06-22-09 02:34 PM
    Open music player, once opened, do ALT & ESC (thus allowing the application to run in the background), select HOME.

Now, open Quick Launch, then add the application to the shorcut list. Same rule for Facebook, and a few others...
    06-22-09 02:40 PM
    Which version of QL?

I know cheetah added the ability to open the Media app from QL in version 2.x, but I don't see the music player app directly. I know RIM did not make it very easy to open the media app through its API's, and the Media app access that cheetah found was some breakthrough. I'm guessing the Music app is equally challenging.
    06-22-09 02:48 PM
    With QL can you add a shortcut to a folder rather than a file or app because it seems like an obvious thing you would want to do but I can't see how to do it!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 02:55 PM
    Which version of QL?

I know cheetah added the ability to open the Media app from QL in version 2.x, but I don't see the music player app directly. I know RIM did not make it very easy to open the media app through its API's, and the Media app access that cheetah found was some breakthrough. I'm guessing the Music app is equally challenging.
    I just upgraded to the latest version 2.0 but I still don't see the option to add the Media App on my list

I tried to add the item like how i did with FB, MSN etc.. I open the application and add it from there..it automatically locates the application when you select it.

mmm..anyone else?
    06-22-09 03:56 PM
    I just upgraded to the latest version 2.0 but I still don't see the option to add the Media App on my list

I tried to add the item like how i did with FB, MSN etc.. I open the application and add it from there..it automatically locates the application when you select it.

mmm..anyone else?
    Yeah I tried that too when I updated. I dont think there is a way to add a shortcut directly for the music player. There's just a shortcut to the media app or specific media file.
    06-22-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD