I have QuickLaunch and utilize the "Lock tilt" feature every so often so that the screen stays locked in landscape orientation. Is there any way to utilize this with Opera Mini 5? When you click the Menu button in Opera Mini 5 beta 2, it doesn't give you the Blackberry menu, but their own set of options in a row across the bottom. Because of this my "QL Lock tilt" option is not there and cannot be selected. Anyone know a workaround for this? Thanks
    02-16-10 12:45 PM
    ...bump...
    02-18-10 12:33 PM
    You could set it to stop tilt before you go into Opera mini
    02-18-10 01:19 PM
    I have QuickLaunch and utilize the "Lock tilt" feature every so often so that the screen stays locked in landscape orientation. Is there any way to utilize this with Opera Mini 5? When you click the Menu button in Opera Mini 5 beta 2, it doesn't give you the Blackberry menu, but their own set of options in a row across the bottom. Because of this my "QL Lock tilt" option is not there and cannot be selected. Anyone know a workaround for this? Thanks
    Whats the use of making it stay in landscape? Is it so if you move the phone too far foward that it will stay thats the only reason I could think of.
    02-18-10 01:29 PM
    No, tilt lock won't work with some 3rd party apps. Opera mini is one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 02:20 PM
    Unfortunately this does not work. The way QL works, at least from my experience, is that the "Lock Tilt" option changes from app to app (even screen to screen sometimes). For example, if I lock it to landscape at the Home screen of the phone, it stays. But if I were to then open up the default browser, the lock is "undone" or "reset" and the browser would flip back and forth. I would have to click BB Menu>QL Lock Tilt again to lock the browser. Since Opera Mini doesn't utilize the Blackberry Menu options, I cannot lock it.
    Whats the use of making it stay in landscape? Is it so if you move the phone too far foward that it will stay thats the only reason I could think of.
    Not quite sure I understand your reasoning...

Why I would want it in landscape mode constantlY? I just like to view most webpages in landscape mode, I feel I don't have to do as much scrolling and the screen holds more content horizontally that way...just a personal preference.

Lastly, one other thing I thought of is if anybody knows if there is a way to add the Lock Tilt/Unlock Tilt option to the Quick Launch menu itself, in the same manner that I would add an application, file, etc. Since I the QL menu pops up when using Opera, I could probably work it that way, but I don't see the Lock Tilt as an app that I can add. Suggestion for any Opera Mini devs...
    02-18-10 05:36 PM
    Unfortunately this does not work. The way QL works, at least from my experience, is that the "Lock Tilt" option changes from app to app (even screen to screen sometimes). For example, if I lock it to landscape at the Home screen of the phone, it stays. But if I were to then open up the default browser, the lock is "undone" or "reset" and the browser would flip back and forth. I would have to click BB Menu>QL Lock Tilt again to lock the browser. Since Opera Mini doesn't utilize the Blackberry Menu options, I cannot lock it.
    Not quite sure I understand your reasoning...

Why I would want it in landscape mode constantlY? I just like to view most webpages in landscape mode, I feel I don't have to do as much scrolling and the screen holds more content horizontally that way...just a personal preference.

Lastly, one other thing I thought of is if anybody knows if there is a way to add the Lock Tilt/Unlock Tilt option to the Quick Launch menu itself, in the same manner that I would add an application, file, etc. Since I the QL menu pops up when using Opera, I could probably work it that way, but I don't see the Lock Tilt as an app that I can add. Suggestion for any Opera Mini devs...
    02-18-10 05:37 PM
    What would be cool for me and my custom homescreen: at home, the screen could be locked in portrait by definition. Then, when any app is launched or the BB button is held, both portrait and landscape would be available - maybe on an app by app basis. Similar for phone calls or the convenience buttons. If the app is dismissed or Home is regained, Portrait could again locked, automatically. Would need RIM's TLC to get it right. Doctor Neutron

Duh, that is pretty much what Lock Tilt does ! A wonderful addition to my Custom Homescreen. I also picked up Stop Turning and TiltOff, but I haven't check them out yet. QuickLaunch has an analogous feature, but I cannot figure out how to get it to lock my homescreen; has nice look and feel and stays out of your face. In my case, my whole S2 Custom Homescreen is one giant QL, but I'm sure I'll use QuickLaunch soon.
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 04-14-10 at 08:30 PM. Reason: More Info
    04-14-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD