I bought quicklaunch this morning and I have had nothing but trouble. If I click on the icon or on the hotspot on my home screen my storm 2 freezes up and I have to pull the battery. I installed then did 3 battery pulls. I'm glad I paid to have my phone lock up. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 02:11 PM
    make sure you have edited the permissions to allow under applications in options.
    It's highly unlikely that QL is messing with your phone if all the settings are correct.
    01-03-10 02:15 PM
    Yeah it may be the permissions. Personally that app never gave me issues.
    01-03-10 02:23 PM
    no issues on my phone
    01-03-10 02:26 PM
    I bought quicklaunch this morning and I have had nothing but trouble. If I click on the icon or on the hotspot on my home screen my storm 2 freezes up and I have to pull the battery. I installed then did 3 battery pulls. I'm glad I paid to have my phone lock up. Anyone else have this problem?

You're glad to have paid for your phone to lock doesn't really make sense... anyhow regarding your post - contact the customer service, I was going to say do a BP but you said you did them already. The CS responds very quickly (for me they responded in 45 seconds) and can help solve the problem. I believe the email you send out directly links to the creators BB email.
    01-03-10 03:50 PM
    i had that exact same problem last week, i had to re install twice and after that it works flawlessly.
    01-03-10 05:00 PM
    I contacted CS and they had me turn my permissions to deny, save it, then do a battery pull. Once it reboots turn permissions back to allow, save it, do another battery pull. Since doing this it has been better and has only froze my phone up once.
    01-03-10 05:07 PM
    I had this same problem but I was able to recreate the freezing under the following conditions:

Add the GPS config to the menu.
    Edit item
    In the parameter field, add a third entry ie...2,7,2 (the last "2" being the third entry).

That will lock it up for sure.

Also, adding "Bluetooth Cfg" or toggle (I forgot which one) and that locked it up.
    01-03-10 07:42 PM
    It will be a permissions issue. Try this:
    Options > Applications then highlight QuickLaunch without clicking it.
    Press the menu key and select "edit permissions" change all permissions to deny, then save. Then turn all of the permissions to allow and save again. Then do your battery pull and see if that helps... :-)

01-04-10 12:22 AM
    I had this same problem but I was able to recreate the freezing under the following conditions:

Add the GPS config to the menu.
    Edit item
    In the parameter field, add a third entry ie...2,7,2 (the last "2" being the third entry).

That will lock it up for sure.

Also, adding "Bluetooth Cfg" or toggle (I forgot which one) and that locked it up.
    ??? I guess adding a third parameter where there should only be two would screw it up somehow...?

01-04-10 12:26 AM
    I've had this app on my pearl, my storm 1 and my storm 2 and have never had any issuses with it. I've got to guess that there is an issue with your settings, etc that are causing you lock up issues.
    01-04-10 03:31 AM
    Try checking for an update. The same thing was happening to me, despite battery pulls and checking (and re-checking) the permissions. The version I downloaded was 2.15.6. Updating to 2.15.7 took care of the freezing.
    01-04-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD