So I bought QuickLaunch and absolutely love it! It changes the way you can access stuff on your BB and has a cool screen capture functionality.

My only problem is when I launch the flashlight application, I don't see any light from the flashlight ? It just opens the video camera....

Is it not compatible with my phone or what?

I am using Quick Launch v3.5
    01-05-11 03:10 PM
    Go to your Video Camera options and make sure "Video Light" is checked off.
    01-05-11 03:38 PM
    Go to your Video Camera options and make sure "Video Light" is checked off.
    It is checked off
    01-05-11 03:46 PM
    Not sure what to tell you then...

Are all permissions set to Allow? (They probably are, but something to make sure of, QuickLaunch requires all permissions set to Allow)
    Battery Pull?
    01-05-11 03:58 PM
    So I bought QuickLaunch and absolutely love it! It changes the way you can access stuff on your BB and has a cool screen capture functionality.

My only problem is when I launch the flashlight application, I don't see any light from the flashlight ? It just opens the video camera....

Is it not compatible with my phone or what?

I am using Quick Launch v3.5
    Hi there!

What you can do is, make sure the Video Flash is checked. Yes, turn it on and when you click your FlashLight, bam

However, yes, you will enter Video Camera state.

I tried and tested a few times and only this works. So in time of desperate, everything works!

Just my 2 cents!

*edit, yes all are set to allow and multiple battery pulls. So I just turn on the video camera and yeah it works (but you will still see the video app turned on). Maybe not compatible with my OS 6? XD
    Last edited by reginald_1986; 01-05-11 at 04:01 PM.
    01-05-11 03:58 PM
    Hi there!

What you can do is, make sure the Video Flash is checked. Yes, turn it on and when you click your FlashLight, bam

However, yes, you will enter Video Camera state.

I tried and tested a few times and only this works. So in time of desperate, everything works!

Just my 2 cents!
    Setting the Video flashlight to ON did the trick! you are a star!

Thanks dude.

PS: yeah the permissions were all set to allow upon installation so what wasn't the problem
    01-05-11 04:06 PM
    No worries ML. We are all here to help each other

I am finding way to make the flash light turned on without the video thingy but sadly, cant.

I am not a star but you are my friend!

Have a great day!
    01-05-11 04:09 PM
    No worries ML. We are all here to help each other

I am finding way to make the flash light turned on without the video thingy but sadly, cant.

I am not a star but you are my friend!

Have a great day!
    thanks man

Hope they do something about this in future releases
    01-05-11 04:11 PM
    Setting the Video flashlight to ON did the trick! you are a star!

Thanks dude.

PS: yeah the permissions were all set to allow upon installation so what wasn't the problem
    Where is this setting? Video Camera? QuickLaunch? Or where?
    01-05-11 04:13 PM
    Where is this setting? Video Camera? QuickLaunch? Or where?
    After you launch the flashlifht from QuickLaunch, the video camera will start, from there, press the BlackBerry menu button, then go to options, then turn on flash light (the first option)
    01-05-11 04:19 PM
    After you launch the flashlifht from QuickLaunch, the video camera will start, from there, press the BlackBerry menu button, then go to options, then turn on flash light (the first option)
    That's what I thought... Isn't that what I told you in my first post of this thread? Or is that a different setting?
    01-05-11 04:26 PM
    That's what I thought... Isn't that what I told you in my first post of this thread? Or is that a different setting?
    You said the exact opposite bro. You told me to make sure it is checked off

[HTML] Go to your Video Camera options and make sure "Video Light" is checked off.[/HTML]

Maybe you made a typo and you meant to say check that it isn't checked off No big deal it's sorted out now. Thanks anyway
    01-05-11 04:49 PM
    QL Is BOMB!

I use Onetouch Flashlight By Jared Compnany
    V2 (before all the drama). I just keep reinstalling that one instead of upgrading.

I have it set to F in QL and it just shows me a black screen w/ Jared Company's logo at the bottom. I have the COD file I just wouldnt know how to share..
    01-05-11 04:58 PM
    Maybe a language issue then, sorry. I said it how I wanted to. When you're going down a list of stuff to do, you "check them off" as you complete them. I didn't say to "uncheck" it. Common sense would say that the setting needs to be checked off for the video light to work.

No big deal though, just a mis-understanding...

And don't call me bro.
    01-05-11 04:58 PM
    Maybe a language issue then, sorry. I said it how I wanted to. When you're going down a list of stuff to do, you "check them off" as you complete them. I didn't say to "uncheck" it. Common sense would say that the setting needs to be checked off for the video light to work.

No big deal though, just a mis-understanding....

Yeah I guess, I thought that check it off means uncheck it. no big deal

And don't call me bro.
    Ok
    01-05-11 05:08 PM
    That's really different from quicklaunch on OS5 - open QL, select Flashlight, video app comes on. If launching for the first time there's a warning about the video light being set to always on and battery life, as well as a message asking where you want to save videos if you've never opened the video camera. I wasn't aware that OS6 has a flashlight app, that's pretty nifty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD