Hi. The following fix has been reported on another forum to work in getting device reset to work with 5.0xxx.230 and other combinations. If device reset is not working for you you might want to give this a try. I've been getting a lot
    of emails saying it actually works. I don't know why it works but thought i'd post it here anyway.

The "fix":
    "[I]Go to App World and download app "Quick Search with Google" ( it's free )...after its installed on your phone try Reset Device with QuickLaunch, and see if it works, it does for me... Also, on every reset "Quick Search w/ Google" will have to be restored...just click it and press RESTORE button when it presents itself...and when it restores (it's really fast)...your homescreen (BerryWeather icon) restores also. Crazy you say?? Well I deleted "Quicksearch Google" and my reset device on QuickLaunch stopped working...put it back, and it worked again...did that 3 times withe the same result."

Thanks
    10-05-09 12:40 AM
    If this had come from anyone else but you, I might not have believed it, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 12:47 AM
    I have followed the instructions and it works You still need to press reboot now in system menu that appears but it works without the problems.
    Thanks for heads up Cheetah
    10-06-09 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD