04-15-10 03:23 PM
160 ... 4567
tools
    Grrr... getting the 2.15.7 version even though it tells me that I've downloaded and installed the 2.20.2 version... delete, uninstall app/appworld, reboot, redownload and reload doesn't solve it... silly app store...
    03-19-10 02:20 AM
    First rule of business customer service rules
    Fair enough. I co-own a successful business and I'm the principal outside & inside sales & client liaison person.
    What I meant by my statement anyway was that CheetahAce doesn't mince words and doesn't beat around the bush.

Call it what you want. The bottom line is your app will not upgrade, so it is your problem. If it is such a big deal to come her on CB to deal with whining DON'T keep working on the issue and answering emails. This is a forum not your website. Fixed or not this app will not go back on my phone.
    This is the problem with today's world of all-written correspondence. Some say that human communication is 50% body language, 40% tone of voice, and just 10% content written/spoken. Not exactly scientific, but small irritations, disagreements, and misunderstandings have a way of spinning out of control.

Think about each other's perspectives, guys.

Biggkat, this is his livelihood. He has to constantly respond to issues arising from the horrible shortcomings of 1 of the 2 main "stores" for his "product." Was he rude to you? Yes. But put yourself in his shoes. Search his threads here. Find me a developer that puts so much into their posts as Cheetah does into every thread's 1st post. Search his posts. See how many times he answers the same questions. (Most of which are already answered.)
    Look at other apps. See how many have such frequent updates, and each customized by device to ensure quality.
    Remember why you're here: you love this app like most reading this, you heard there was an upgrade, and you wanted to see what new amazing-ness would be added.

@Cheetah: dude, take it easy on these people. You know I appreciate your hard work and sing your praises. Just remember that every new download is a new person having their first experience with your fantastic app. They don't understand that App World has made you a victim of your own success, or comprehend the sheer volume of concerns & questions brought to you.

And philosophical essay ends now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 02:48 AM
    Still waiting for a response from appworld and/or QL support. I personally find QL to be a great product and one of the most valuable on my phone. QL was the ONE and only app I purchased from app world and learned my lesson quickly. Just hope I don't have to re-purchase it elsewhere to get it to work again...
    03-19-10 07:34 AM
    IM+Lite doesn't show up in the apps list and nimbuzz, while it is in the list and can be added, won't launch using QL.

03-19-10 07:58 AM
    I am phasing out my apps downloaded from BB App World and, where necessary, re-purchasing them elsewhere. I couldn't get BeWeather to upgrade and now QL. Now I have BerryWeather on my phone. I am no longer using BB App World because it seems to be unreliable.
    03-19-10 09:11 AM
    If you have a problem with quicklaunch on app world email nikkisoft support. that is the best course of action if you want it fixed in a reasonable time frame.
    03-19-10 11:42 AM
    I have a problem with QL on composing SMS's.

Every time I activate this feature, it opens the compose SMS drop box then it closes and redirects back to the home screen.

I've uninstalled and did a batt pull more than 5 times now and it still does the same thing.

I have the 9700 running on the .545 OS. with the latest version of QL

Anyone else have this problem?
    03-19-10 08:48 PM

Every time I activate this feature, it opens the compose SMS drop box then it closes and redirects back to the home screen.

I've uninstalled and did a batt pull more than 5 times now and it still does the same thing.

I get that too sometimes. And on same os
    03-19-10 09:11 PM
    that's a bug in the .545 os.
    can't figure it out so it's likely gona stay that way until rim fixes it. don't hold your breath though.
    03-19-10 11:49 PM
    Im still stuck with an earlier version than I had a few days ago, but its still a great app that I couldnt imagine living without....Ill get the update soon enough.

Thanks for all the work youre doing and have done, Cheetah. Its appreciated.
    03-19-10 11:55 PM
    Coupons? When is the next sale?

03-20-10 02:57 AM

Here's a workaround. Don't use this feature in QL, but instead download the free Qsms app from berrycoder.com.

Qsms opens a new Compose SMS screen when you click the icon. It also adds a Q shortcut to do this from the Home Screen so long as you have your Home Screen Dialing set to Off in your Phone Options.

Last edited by elite1; 03-20-10 at 05:16 AM.
    03-20-10 05:10 AM
    Coupons? When is the next sale?

It's on sale now for $4.99 US!!
    03-20-10 01:07 PM

Have a question about this... when you say 'redirects back to the homescreen do you mean the compose sms popup closes and the previous screen / app is left showing or does it actually go back to the homescreen regardless of what was underneath it? For example if you were in the browser and opened QL and selected Compose SMS will it close and display the homescreen or will the browser still be there?
    03-20-10 01:10 PM
    Well I never opened when on browser but when I do it from homescreen it will go back to homescreen but the compose sms is still running in background. If that makes sense, and sometimes it would happen a few times before I am able to compose sms.

03-20-10 01:18 PM
    Here's a workaround. Don't use this feature in QL, but instead download the free Qsms app from berrycoder.com.

Qsms opens a new Compose SMS screen when you click the icon. It also adds a Q shortcut to do this from the Home Screen so long as you have your Home Screen Dialing set to Off in your Phone Options.

Thanks! I appreciate this.

03-20-10 06:27 PM
    Well I never opened when on browser but when I do it from homescreen it will go back to homescreen but the compose sms is still running in background. If that makes sense, and sometimes it would happen a few times before I am able to compose sms.

Yes, I'd have to agree with babchan. it's only when I press the spacebar hotkey to load QL when it happens and it's a hit or miss too.

03-20-10 06:29 PM
    Thanks! I appreciate this.
    You're welcome! It's my pleasure.

By the way, you can also add Qsms to QL, and put that in place of Compose SMS to get the functionality you were originally looking for. (If you like to dial from the Home Screen.)
    And you could even change Qsms's display name in QL to be Compose SMS if you wanted!

03-20-10 09:27 PM
    @Cheetah:
    By the way, just wanted to let you know that a previous issue was fixed with 2.20.

With .17 & .18, you might recall I had pointed out an issue where the in-app menu wouldn't jump after a keypress of its 1st letter. (ie Open QL, press MENU, press Q to jump to QL Options, A to Add Separator, etc)

Anyway this works again with .20 so thanks! One very minor annoyance relieved.

03-20-10 09:32 PM
    yes. i addressed that in 2.20. thanks
    03-21-10 01:46 PM
    Anyone who had the appworld upgrade issue get it resolved? Mine still downloads an older version from appworld.

03-21-10 05:23 PM
    nope I have given up never got a reply from app world either. Good thing I have one from mobihand.
    03-21-10 05:25 PM
    So you bought it twice?

03-21-10 05:42 PM
    Na I didnt I told mobihand I wanted to start buying apps from them and wanted to update my QL with them, after I proved I brought it from app world they sent me a copy into my mobihand account
    03-21-10 06:09 PM
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll see if they will allow me to do that. This appworld issue is annoying

03-21-10 06:13 PM
160 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD