why don't you guys do me a favor and write app world support here:

https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic

and let them know about the problems. you can fill in any number for your account number.

The more people that write the faster, hopefully, they'll finally fix this.
    You should have shown this to me yesterday!

I was looking for a place to contact for App World!

I would have taken care of it from my end!

Right now I am good!

Thanks!

Nathan
    03-17-10 01:59 PM
    why don't you guys do me a favor and write app world support here:

https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic

and let them know about the problems. you can fill in any number for your account number.

The more people that write the faster, hopefully, they'll finally fix this.
    I wrote in still waiting for a reply

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 01:59 PM
    Thanks a lot.
    03-17-10 02:49 PM
    I have followed the steps that CheetahAce gave on the previous page and the FAQ on the Nikkisoft's website 10 times and when I "upgrade" it gives me version 2.15.7 which is a downgrade from the v2.18 I had before. I don't know if this is a problem with App World or Nikkisoft but this should be fixed ASAP. If it is a problem with App World then Nikkisoft sould have a way for us to upgrade OTA or at the website.
    I have the exact same problem. I already emailed Nikkisoft, and got a response. I truly think it's an Appworld problem because the same issue happened last year. I filled out that Support page on their website. Hope they get their **** together.
    03-17-10 04:05 PM
    It is an app world problem. it happens every single time i update the app on app world.
    03-17-10 04:23 PM
    I think appworld has some versioning issues with their apps. I bought quicklaunch when it was version 2.15.7, so everytime I upgrade it goes back to that version.

I think when an app is purchased a copy of it is cached on their server. When someone like me wipes their phone and redownloads it that same version gets downloaded.
    03-17-10 04:52 PM
    I don't even have the Upgrade option anymore!

Nathan

UPDATE! This upgrade just popped up in My App World! WOW!
    Thanks for posting this, Nathan!
    I've been checking App World a few times a week for this. Not that anything was wrong with 2.18.2 that I had before, but I'm addicted to having the most up-to-date everything, like so many on here.

After reading your post, checked it out, and the AW listing updated from 2.17.1 to 2.20.2 right before my eyes! Installed without issue.

Despite having settings backed up and restored, the time and weather (and in-app key functions) had to be set again. No biggie though.

Thanks again!
    03-17-10 06:07 PM
    This is a great app and I always look forward to your updates. This may be a silly question, but why would I want to toggle the gps on (or off) from the BB options screens? Apps like Google Maps and GPSLogger turn the gps on and off as needed.
    03-17-10 06:17 PM
    I've been checking App World a few times a week for this. Not that anything was wrong with 2.18.2 that I had before, but I'm addicted to having the most up-to-date everything, like so many on here.

After reading your post, checked it out, and the AW listing updated from 2.17.1 to 2.20.2 right before my eyes! Installed without issue.

Despite having settings backed up and restored, the time and weather (and in-app key functions) had to be set again. No biggie though.

Thanks again!
    elite1!

I was lucky, all my setting came back exactly the way they were in the earlier version!

Nathan
    03-17-10 07:30 PM
    This is a great app and I always look forward to your updates. This may be a silly question, but why would I want to toggle the gps on (or off) from the BB options screens? Apps like Google Maps and GPSLogger turn the gps on and off as needed.
    Those apps don't turn gps on or off.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-17-10 at 07:58 PM.
    03-17-10 07:39 PM
    Anyone having issues opening Opera through QuickLaunch? I click it and nothing happens. But it works when I don't use it in QuickLaunch (Did a reinstall of Opera too)
    03-17-10 07:54 PM
    ^ nope works fine for me the official v5 and beta 5.2 both worked.
    03-17-10 08:04 PM

Thanks again!

Well it didn't work again for me! WHOO HOOO! :-|
    03-17-10 08:27 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to add application to the QuickLaunch that are NOT on the list to add under 'applications'
    03-17-10 08:28 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to add application to the QuickLaunch that are NOT on the list to add under 'applications'
    If it's not there, it's not compatible due to BB firmware limitations, such as Clock.
    What's the app in question?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-17-10 09:32 PM
    ===== QUOTE elite1 ====

Thanks again!

===== /QUOTE ====

Well it didn't work again for me! WHOO HOOO! :-|
    Try looking up the QL entry in App World not in My World area. It's currently in the Top 25 Paid or you can always find it with Search. Sometimes this exposes an upgrade that doesn't show in My World if AW is having some glitches. Otherwise, try deleting QL in My World. After you Reboot as required, return to AW and look up the QL listing. (Again NOT in My World.) Worth a shot!

03-17-10 09:37 PM
    =====
    elite1!

I was lucky, all my setting came back exactly the way they were in the earlier version!

Nathan
    All my Apps, shortcuts, layout, etc, were all still there. Just the time, date, weather, and multi-click had to be reset for some reason.

03-17-10 09:41 PM
    this wld happen is you had a previous version (3-4 versions ago) loaded by app world. make sure you do a backup of your settings now w/ current version loaded.
    03-17-10 11:11 PM
    Thanks Cheetah; it was no biggie.

Just tested, and new version still won't open and/or launch Blurts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 01:31 AM
    Do the following exactly. no skipping steps. no shortcuts. repeat if necessary.
    Thanks! I have the latest version now on my phone, and the app runs fine so far. Is there any way that I can get the settings and shortcuts back without re-entering? I noticed that I have QuickLaunch back up file stored.
    03-18-10 07:56 AM
    Thanks! I have the latest version now on my phone, and the app runs fine so far. Is there any way that I can get the settings and shortcuts back without re-entering? I noticed that I have QuickLaunch back up file stored.
    select restore
    03-18-10 10:51 AM
    Did anyone get a response from App world yet? I still cannot get the correct version DLed and have not heard from AW or Nikkisoft. This is really starting to get annoying, right about now I would be happy to get v2.18 back.
    03-18-10 11:32 AM
    It'll get taken care of. Please dont start a flood of whining on here ok?
    03-18-10 12:21 PM
    trust me when I tell you, nikkisoft customer service will come through, they have for me, twice.
    03-18-10 12:26 PM
    Hey is there anyone here who had a previous version of QuickLaunch with the 'Check for Update' function and it never worked for them?
    03-18-10 12:38 PM
160 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD