hmm I downloaded the upgrade this morning thru app world
    I tried ... but that's when I got the error msg. I'm gonna try again in a few...
    03-16-10 12:43 PM
    See the FAQ on nikkisoft.com
    Tried your suggestion from the FAQ page.

Deleted everthing and App World.

Reinstalled App World and then logged in at Sync'ed programs.

Reinstalled QuickLaunch.

Before I actually had version 2.18 now I have version 2.12!

Nathan
    03-16-10 01:56 PM
    Since Slacker was updated to v3, it will not launch with QL...updated to this version of QL, and same result, Slacker will not launch, either by selecting it or shortcut key. I've removed it and re-added multiple times, still no dice. Any insight to this?
    03-16-10 02:02 PM
    Tried your suggestion from the FAQ page.

Deleted everthing and App World.

Reinstalled App World and then logged in at Sync'ed programs.

Reinstalled QuickLaunch.

Before I actually had version 2.18 now I have version 2.12!

Nathan

Do the following exactly. no skipping steps. no shortcuts. repeat if necessary.
    1) Use QL Backup to save your data
    2) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) uninstall App World
    4) Look for the following folder on your device memory. if it's there delete it:
    device memory/blackberry/app_world/downloads/"your pin"/quicklaunch
    4.b ) pull the battery

5) download and install the LATEST App World Client from here: BlackBerry App World
    6) go to app world. click the My World icon
    7) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    8) Install QuickLaunch
    9) update quicklaunch
    03-16-10 02:32 PM
    OK, see updates that I did below!

Do the following exactly. no skipping steps. no shortcuts. repeat if necessary.
    1) Use QL Backup to save your data - Done
    2) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch - Done
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications. - Done
    3) uninstall App World - Done
    4) Look for the following folder on your device memory. if it's there delete it:
    device memory/blackberry/app_world/downloads/"your pin"/quicklaunch - Can't find it! So I guess it's not there!
    4.b ) pull the battery - Done

5) download and install the LATEST App World Client from here: BlackBerry App World - Done, version 1.1.0.33
    6) go to app world. click the My World icon - Done
    7) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing - Done
    8) Install QuickLaunch - Says that it is version 2.17 - Done - But when I go to "About QuickLaunch" it still says V 2.12
    9) update quicklaunch - Do Not See any update option!

So, any other ideas? Not sure what I am doing wrong!

Nathan
    Last edited by nweinstock; 03-16-10 at 03:12 PM.
    03-16-10 03:06 PM
    Nice I'm about to get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 03:11 PM
    I deleted app world and reinstalled using mobihand but now when I open my sms inbox using QL its not a convo style which I like it. Its now individual texts how do I change it back? It opened the way I wanted using App worlds update.

It now looks like this

instead of like this

Last edited by babychan; 03-16-10 at 07:48 PM.
    03-16-10 04:40 PM
    I'm sure its already been mentioned before and I'm missing it. But, is there a way to add email inbox to QL? I don't see it listed under add item

03-16-10 06:23 PM
    I'm sure its already been mentioned before and I'm missing it. But, is there a way to add email inbox to QL? I don't see it listed under add item

Would that not be the messages thats what I use
    03-16-10 06:30 PM
    how do you add a shortcut to the Clock app?
    03-16-10 07:18 PM
    Updating now. Thanks for the info! I love QL, it really helps me throughout the day!
    03-16-10 08:10 PM
    ... i quit.. Still says "Quicklaunch is not available for download from App World" even though I'm sitting here looking at it .. (2.20.2)
    03-16-10 08:43 PM
    ... i quit.. Still says "Quicklaunch is not available for download from App World" even though I'm sitting here looking at it .. (2.20.2)
    Yeah I deleted mine from app world and downloaded from mobihand and thought it was playing up cause my sms inbox messages are all separate, so re downloaded the app world one, now its says I have 20.2 on app world but when you go onto QL info it says its 17 or whatever it was before.
    03-16-10 08:47 PM
    why I always get a "907 Invalid COD" when I try to download QL from the email link nikkisoft.com send to me?
    03-16-10 11:30 PM
    nikkisoft does not send links. mobihand / crackberry does.
    do a search before posting please.
    03-17-10 12:15 AM
    I give up also!

A few weeks ago I got it to Version 2.18, but I can only get it to version 2.12 now!

Also, BB Messenger does not open from my QL anymore. Yes, I tried deleting it and adding it again but no go!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Nathan
    03-17-10 07:56 AM
    Eager to get the new update for the great app QL, I tried to download and have the same issue described above. I've tried everything mentioned and still no good. In Options / Applications it's QL 2.20.2, but in QL / About only 2.12.3. Missing new functionality...is this an app world update issue? Any ideas how to fix. Had I known, I would have stayed with 2.18!!
    03-17-10 09:03 AM
    I don't even have the Upgrade option anymore!

Nathan

UPDATE! This upgrade just popped up in My App World! WOW!
    Last edited by nweinstock; 03-17-10 at 09:24 AM.
    03-17-10 09:21 AM
    OK!

All is well now!

I have version 2.20 and everything is working normally!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Nathan
    03-17-10 09:36 AM
    I am stuck with 2.15, which is a downgrade from 2.17 that I had before. I have emailed nikkisoft support, that might be you?? Either way I am about to lose my mind. I have followed the steps you listed 22 times. I am not kidding. I can't get the current version of QL installed and not having "Q"as my shorcut key is really frustrating me. I shows that it is installing 2.2, shows the same in app list but in "about QL"it shows 2.15 Please help me
    03-17-10 11:49 AM
    I have followed the steps that CheetahAce gave on the previous page and the FAQ on the Nikkisoft's website 10 times and when I "upgrade" it gives me version 2.15.7 which is a downgrade from the v2.18 I had before. I don't know if this is a problem with App World or Nikkisoft but this should be fixed ASAP. If it is a problem with App World then Nikkisoft sould have a way for us to upgrade OTA or at the website.
    03-17-10 12:54 PM
    App world is having a lot of problems last few days. not just nikkisoft but many apps.
    they are working on it.
    03-17-10 01:02 PM
    Nikkisoft just took care of me and got my quicklaunch back!!! I just wanted to thank nikkisoft for follwing up with me for the last week and making me a happy customer!! I will NEVER buy another app from appworld. That is all
    03-17-10 01:25 PM
    I am stuck with 2.15, which is a downgrade from 2.17 that I had before. I have emailed nikkisoft support, that might be you?? It shows that it is installing 2.2, shows the same in app list but in "about QL"it shows 2.15 Please help me
    Im having the same issue, I just emailed nikkisoft...hopefully they will help me out.
    03-17-10 01:36 PM
    why don't you guys do me a favor and write app world support here:

https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic

and let them know about the problems. you can fill in any number for your account number.

The more people that write the faster, hopefully, they'll finally fix this.
    03-17-10 01:55 PM
160 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD