QuickLaunch 2.20 for the Bold 9700 is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the 9700 and you wish to load the 9700 version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.20:

AOL Instant Messenger Support
    Start AIM old school method and from then on you can use QL to bring it to the foreground.

Background Image

Skin your QuickLaunch by loading an image!
    Please use images with dimensions of 180x275 for best results. Larger images are not recommended for obvious reasons.
    There are sample wallpapers on NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher Hopefully some of you will post some more QL Wallpapers so that I can add them to the site.

GPS Toggle
    Quickly toggle your GPS on/off.

How to Configure the GPS Toggle feature:
    This feature works with macros simulating user key input.
    When you add this function via Add Application you will see an entry field labeled "Parameter:" These parameters must be entered for the GPS Toggle feature to work on your device.

Enter the parameters in the following format: p1,p2,p3 (the p's are numbers)
    The first number (p1) refers to the position that the 'Advanced Options' selection is located on your Blackberry Options screen. For most devices this would be a '2'. The second number (p2) refers to the location of 'GPS' under Advanced Options. The third number (p3) will be the location of the 'GPS Services button on the GPS screen. (the one with 'Location On' and 'Location Off')

If entered correctly the paramters should look like 2,6,2 or something similar to that depending on your device.

Q: Why didnt the last update make it to App World? WTH??!!

A: For some reason a few of the last submissions to App World went unnoticed by App World.
    RIM has assured me that the next update (this one) will take no more than 3 business days.

Watch the QuickLaunch A to Z Review Video here:

Watch the QuickLaunch Demo Video here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st, 2009: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st, 2009 and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-13-10 at 05:35 PM.
    03-13-10 03:55 PM
    great! thanks for the heads up, best app ever, upgrading now
    03-13-10 04:00 PM
    Just upgraded!
    03-13-10 04:04 PM
    How do update? Mine wont work.. says cannot connect to server.

I downloaded from the BB App world
    03-13-10 04:27 PM
    go to mobihand.com.
    click on support->my account
    03-13-10 04:32 PM
    I bought it from the blackberry app world though mate
    03-13-10 04:34 PM
    i got an email for the update from mobihand... logged on and tried to upgrade but i keep getting a 907 invalid cod error msg. i've tried setting all the permissions to allow beforehand but still getting the same msg.

then i tried upgrading through the app itself but got a msg that that feature was disabled and not to upgrade that way so i didn't.

please help?

btw, thanks for one of the best apps by far.
    03-13-10 04:39 PM
    I bought it from the blackberry app world though mate
    read the first post
    03-13-10 04:44 PM
    i got an email for the update from mobihand... logged on and tried to upgrade but i keep getting a 907 invalid cod error msg. i've tried setting all the permissions to allow beforehand but still getting the same msg.

then i tried upgrading through the app itself but got a msg that that feature was disabled and not to upgrade that way so i didn't.

please help?

btw, thanks for one of the best apps by far.
    uninstall. pull the battery 30 secs. download and reinstall.
    03-13-10 04:45 PM
    got a email about update, updated great stuff thanks
    03-13-10 05:04 PM
    You're welcome!
    03-13-10 05:12 PM
    uninstall. pull the battery 30 secs. download and reinstall.
    worked like a charm... thank u for the quick reply!
    03-13-10 07:50 PM
    Love the backgrounds on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 09:08 PM
    ok, i dont really get it how to update my ql this time...i'm new to this bb world soo
    do you just set to deny and set it back to allow and it'll update by itselff? i bought ql thru appworld too. i read the first post but it confuses me
    03-13-10 09:20 PM
    As I've always said....Best BB app out there. Thanks as always for the hard work cheetah.
    03-13-10 11:12 PM
    Hey Cheetah..in the first post, what theme is the first one on the top left? Thx.
    03-13-10 11:13 PM
    ok, i dont really get it how to update my ql this time...i'm new to this bb world soo
    do you just set to deny and set it back to allow and it'll update by itselff? i bought ql thru appworld too. i read the first post but it confuses me
    First tell me if you know what your handle means.
    03-13-10 11:56 PM
    First tell me if you know what your handle means.
    don't know what you mean by that. english is not my native language (and i'm still improving) so can you please explain in specific?

thanks
    03-14-10 12:46 AM
    love this app, however, cant ever get the weather or "reset device" options to work. still my favorite!
    03-14-10 01:00 AM
    I used to have an issue with the earlier version.

Sometimes after a battery pull
    I loose some settings and they go back to default

Ex..

Right / left convenience key
    Add QL to system menu

I have followed the installation process just like its written on a fresh install of OS 5.0.0.442 .

Please help

03-14-10 06:00 AM
    Downloaded, installed, rebooted - works perfectly.

03-14-10 06:10 AM
    i absolutely love Quicklaunch!!! except that on every update i have to redo all my settings and re-add all the quicklaunched items... lol
    03-14-10 07:30 AM
    i absolutely love Quicklaunch!!! except that on every update i have to redo all my settings and re-add all the quicklaunched items... lol
    Do you not do a back up and restore?

03-14-10 08:39 AM
    I've checked BB App World but can't find the update. Still showing v. 2.17, which is what I have. Has the updated version hit App World yet?
    03-14-10 11:43 AM
    The update will be on app world soon. you must wait until then.
    Are you Japanese?
    03-14-10 12:59 PM
160 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD