QuickLaunch is on sale Now (Thu April 8th until 11pm-ish PST give or take an hour or so) for $2.49!
    (not on App World)

QuickLaunch 2.21 for the 9700 is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!
    Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

*** If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the 9700 and you wish to load the 9700 version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.
    Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.21:

Clock is now launchable
    Finally.

Weather fix
    Improved network code to retrieve weather for those who had that issue.
    This fix should help.

Watch the QuickLaunch Demo Video in HD here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st, 2009: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st, 2009 and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

Other devices will be updated soon.

QL 2.21 for the 9700 is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted to RIM for inclusion. Should be there in 3-5 days.

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    04-08-10 05:12 PM
    Nice, just received my email and updating now
    04-08-10 05:18 PM
    Strange, I had no weather issue. Never noticed the clock wasn't on the add item list.
    04-08-10 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the update. Really love this app!
    04-08-10 09:26 PM
    I don't always use a third party app launcher, but when I do, I prefer QuickLaunch.

This is why I love this app, CheetahAce is always making it better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 09:31 PM
    I don't always use a third party app launcher, but when I do, I prefer QuickLaunch.

This is why I love this app, CheetahAce is always making it better!

Lol. nice quote.

"His aura can be seen from outer space"
    04-08-10 09:33 PM
    Lol. nice quote.

"His aura can be seen from outer space"
    Love those ads
    "He creates perfection. And then he perfects it."
    Seriously man, I appreciate the fact that you don't stop working to refine and add functionality to QuickLaunch. Keep up the great work!

04-08-10 10:23 PM
    I only have 4 apps and quicklaunch is one of them. I love quicklaunch and don't know what I'd do without it.

04-08-10 10:33 PM
    same here, i just can not imagine my self with out QL in my device. I use it every other minute my phone in my hands...., i was missing clock option and viola ..now we got this too...Great job CheetahAce, God bless you!!!
    04-08-10 11:47 PM
    forget to say that it was easiest update ever, no back up and restores, everything went automatically, just i clicked while downloading YES to replace v 2.20 to 2.21 and rebooted, all my settings is here on new version
    04-08-10 11:56 PM
    Question for you CheetahAce...I notice when I change themes I have to reset the "Q" key to launch or it will default to the space key, even though when I open my options it says it's set for the "Q" key. Is there a fix for this or is it deliberate?
    Last edited by TeritaM; 04-09-10 at 08:03 AM.
    04-09-10 07:59 AM
    that's what themes do. you don't have to reset the hotkey in quicklaunch.
    quicklaunch will reset the hotkey after the first time you use it following a theme change.
    04-09-10 01:54 PM
    found a small bug. QL will be updated later tonight.
    04-09-10 03:56 PM
    before i release the update can someone test the above scenario regarding theme changes for me.

1. set hotkey to quicklaunch (example: 'Q')
    2. verify hotkey works
    3. change your theme
    4. open quicklaunch somehow (Q probably wont work immediately after theme change)
    5. dont do anything in quicklaunch
    6. close quicklaunch
    7. try the 'Q' key.

let me know.
    thanks.
    04-09-10 03:59 PM
    the dimension for QL background are 180x275 correct? everytime i try to use an image as my BG its always like its off-center or something, and doesnt show correctly flush behind the QL screen....
    04-09-10 04:21 PM
    Could you please explain how to get this update? I didn't see a way to do it on the site and I didn't get any messages to my device about it.

Also, why has Slacker Radio quit working with QuickLaunch? Awhile back I updated Slacker and since then I cannot launch it via the menu or with the hotkey S I assigned to it like I used to be able to. Tried removing it and readding and same thing.
    04-09-10 04:42 PM
    before i release the update can someone test the above scenario regarding theme changes for me.

1. set hotkey to quicklaunch (example: 'Q')
    2. verify hotkey works
    3. change your theme
    4. open quicklaunch somehow (Q probably wont work immediately after theme change)
    5. dont do anything in quicklaunch
    6. close quicklaunch
    7. try the 'Q' key.

let me know.
    thanks.
    it works this way if the theme has the space key set for QL. themes with no QL launcher, not on the first try.
    Last edited by TeritaM; 04-09-10 at 05:00 PM. Reason: changed theme again
    04-09-10 04:56 PM
    ... meaning if a theme has a space key set for QL then the above steps will reset the hotkey to 'Q'?

and if the theme has no QL hotkey the above steps will NOT reset the 'Q' key when starting quicklaunch?
    04-09-10 05:16 PM
    ... meaning if a theme has a space key set for QL then the above steps will reset the hotkey to 'Q'?

it will also work with the 'Q' key if the space key is set for QL after your fix. the space key will continue to launch QL as well

and if the theme has no QL hotkey the above steps will NOT reset the 'Q' key when starting quicklaunch?
    it will reset it, but I had to do it between 3 and 5 times depending on the theme to get it to work properly-where the other themes did it the first time.
    04-09-10 05:19 PM
    got it. i think.
    try this for me:

set it to 'q' from ql options.
    change your theme to a theme that takes a few times for ql to reset it.
    open ql and keep it open for about 5-7 seconds.
    close ql
    try the 'q' key.

let me know if that seems to work any differently.
    thanks.
    04-09-10 05:54 PM
    10 seconds and it works
    04-09-10 06:05 PM
    meaning 10 secs and it works everytime?
    04-09-10 06:13 PM
    got it. i think.
    try this for me:

set it to 'q' from ql options.
    change your theme to a theme that takes a few times for ql to reset it.
    open ql and keep it open for about 5-7 seconds.
    close ql
    try the 'q' key.

let me know if that seems to work any differently.
    thanks.

Does it have to be the Q key cause I have Qsms set on there.

Well anyways I did it with the Y key as above and it still dont open I have to set it again for it to work.

Works fine when it set on spacebar though.
    04-09-10 06:17 PM
    When I clicked the link I received regarding the upgrade, (I just purchased days ago) it downloads the same version as I have on the phone. Then I get a message "do I want to replace 2.20.2 with 2.20.2".

Also, for some reason, when I enter a website into Q L, it does not load, but I get a time out error.

Thanks for your help.
    04-09-10 06:48 PM
    meaning 10 secs and it works everytime?
    yes. tried with three different themes. worked every time. thanks!
    04-09-10 07:50 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD