I was soooo stoked for this update. =) Love that it now launches your SMS/MMS inbox. That & launching your e-mail were the only things missing to make this app perfect. The mulit-click is a great addition. I have it set to double click to open my camera which makes everything quick & easy (i always catch my dog doing stupid/entertaining sh** and need my camera to open quickly so i can catch him. =P).

Any chance Quicklaunch will have an option to launch e-mail in the future? Just curious. =)

Still one of the best apps I've ever bought. Thanks and keep up the hardwork!
    01-27-10 02:48 PM
    This app flat out rocks with the new updates and features. I am lovin web search. Backlit has come in more handy than I thought it would! Nice job nikkisoft!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 04:14 PM
    Anybody else having the issue of the font size resetting back to medium? I set my font size to LARGE because I only use QL for a few items that I want to be able to find FAST. I've been finding that, especially after battery pulls but has also occured randomly during the day, the font size defaults back to medium. Seems to be another bug that needs to be looked into.

01-27-10 06:47 PM
    try doing a ql backup and then ql restore. then keep an eye on it and let me know if it persists.
    01-27-10 06:59 PM
    I realized I made an error in my earlier post. The problem isn't with FOLDER shortcuts not working, it's with SUBMENU shortcuts not working. I realize you added a folder launcher an update or so ago so I wanted to make it clear that I was talking about submenus. Hopefully you haven't spent a lot of time trying to fix an error that (as far as I can tell) doesn't exist.

And this is such an awesome app!
    01-28-10 12:22 PM
    oh ok. thanks. guess that explains why i spent hours on it last nite and cldn't recreate it. blahhh.....
    01-28-10 12:36 PM
    That's been an issue for some devices for a while. I can't figure it out because it works for all the devices i've tried it on. still happens to some people.
    Someone in san diego w/ that problem needs to come to my house so i can figure that out finally. if you get that error and your on app world you will have to wait until app world approves it. If another store such as mobihand etc you can download it from your account page. That's the best I can do.
    Don't know if this helps you, but here are the events that come up when I try to use the internal update sequence:

Name: net.rim.tcp
    GUID: 316c1626a9ddc375
    Time: Jan 29, 2010 18:54:34
    TNLf 0

Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: Jan 29, 2010 18:54:35
    Warning: Calling obsolete function UiApplication.popScreen()Traceback:
    No detail message
    net_rim_cldc-8
    UiApplication
    popScreen
    0x894D
    QuickLaunch
    QuickLaunch$AddScrn
    onClose
    0x1D94
    net_rim_cldc-8
    Screen
    keyCharUnhandled
    0x5221
    net_rim_cldc-9
    MainScreen
    keyCharUnhandled
    0xC395
    net_rim_cldc-8
    Screen
    dispatchKeyEvent
    0x4682
    net_rim_cldc-8
    Screen
    processKeyEvent
    0x6691
    net_rim_cldc-8
    UiEngineImpl
    processMessage
    0x99C6
    net_rim_cldc-5
    Application
    processNextMessage
    0x1392
    net_rim_cldc-5
    Application
    enterEventDispatcher
    0xA51
    QuickLaunch
    QuickLaunch
    main
    0x106F

01-29-10 07:05 PM
    I just upgraded through the Quicklaunch check for updates button. It downloaded the new version, but now says my activation code is invalid. I can't run Quicklaunch and cannot redownload from AppWorld. What should I try now?
    I'm having same problem. However I deleted QL and then Appworld and reinstalled both and was able to at least it get it back on there to use. Hopefully Appworld can move a little faster to get updated app on there for dl
    02-03-10 07:46 PM
    Any known expected date for appworld to upload newest version? been (im)patiently waiting for this update and update within the app only comes up with wrong activation code after dl and wont run
    02-08-10 07:18 PM
    no known expected date. this is what happens with app world and new releases. same old story since day one.
    02-08-10 08:56 PM
    Hi,

When I try to check for updates I get an "uncaught exception. Application Quicklaunch(177) is not repsonding. Process terminated" error. This happens after about 40 seconds .

I was actually checking to see if there has been an update to fix the submenu shortcut bug. I used to use that a lot and am starting to miss it. It's nice to have submenu shortcuts.

Thanks
    02-15-10 02:33 PM
    the check for update feature has been discontinued.
    the submenu shortcut issue fix will be in the next update next week.
    02-15-10 03:53 PM
    Thanks so much, CheetahAce! You da man!
    02-21-10 09:33 AM
    I need a few beta testers to test the next update.
    Requirements:
    . Not purchased from App World
    . current owner of QuickLaunch on 83xx
    . running OS 4.5 not 5.0

If interested reply here and i'll be in touch.

Thank you.
    03-05-10 06:12 PM
    I'd love to help test if you need anyone else. I have an 8330 with 4.5, purchased the last version through Mobihand.

03-05-10 08:24 PM
    very cool. email me at nikkisoft dot support g mail
    03-05-10 09:05 PM
    I also need one tester who's running OS 5.0.
    03-06-10 11:49 AM
    Bump for a 5.0 beta tester
    03-08-10 05:30 PM
    Do you need any more for 4.5? I have 4.5.0.186 now (8330m)
    03-08-10 05:50 PM
    I would love to help out.
    8350i
    Purchased thru thru mobihand
    Running 4.6 however.

Let me know.

Thanks

03-08-10 06:54 PM
    Hi. I need a couple more testers. Any OS will do.
    I need someone who is on the technical side and knows how to use photoshop.
    Need something verified and should take you only a couple of mins.
    Thanks
    03-10-10 04:57 PM
    Hi. I need a couple more testers. Any OS will do.
    I need someone who is on the technical side and knows how to use photoshop.
    Need something verified and should take you only a couple of mins.
    Thanks
    I volunteer
    03-11-10 08:32 PM
    Thanks but i've already released the update.
    03-11-10 09:20 PM
    Sorry if this has been reported already. I'm not even sure that this in in the correct Quicklaunch thread. Life in Pocket does not appear in the Application menu selection even though the app is installed on my Storm. I really like this app and hope I can put it on my QL menu. I like QL because I only keep about 4 or 5 icons on my app screen. The rest I get to by using QL.
    03-11-10 11:24 PM
    Update looks great. Submeu hotkeys seem to be working. Is the background image setting anew thing? It works great. I prefer light lettering on a dark background so my menus are much more visible to me now. Thanks much. This app rocks.
    03-12-10 07:53 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD