QuickLaunch 2.18 for the 83xx is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the 83xx and you wish to load the 83xx version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.18:

3 Letter Shortcuts
    You can now assign shortcuts with 1-3 characters.
    For example:
    DI = Device Info
    CNY = Call New York
    BT = Bluetooth Toggle
    etc...

Web Search
    (see images below)
    This is added functionality to the already existing Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary search included in previous versions of QuickLaunch.
    Now with Web Search you can quickly search using the following sites:
    . Google
    . Yahoo
    . Bing
    . Amazon
    . eBay
    . BBC
    . Google News
    . Google Images
    . YouTube
    . iMDb
    . Dictionary
    . Thesaurus
    . Wikipedia.

Web Search will save the previously utilized site for your next search.

note:The previous QuickLaunch searches have been mapped to Web Search

Multi-click Launching

You can now configure QuickLaunch to launch an app / function with a double, triple or quadruple click of a convenience key. In QL Options set the convenience key option to 'Multi-click'.
    If you have QuickLaunch to run from a convenience key a multi-click of your convenience key will launch your configured app/function. If QL is not set to run from a convenience key you can still start quicklaunch from Icon or a hotspot from a QuickLaunch supported theme and then double, triple or quadruple click the convenience key (after 1 second) and your configured setting will launch.

Backlight Brightness
    You can now set a shortcut to set the desired brightness of the backlight.
    A handy feature allowing you quickly dim or brighten the screen.

Configurable Homescreen Hotkey
    You can now launch QuickLaunch by hitting a letter on the keypad from your homescreen.
    To use this feature you must disable Home 'Screen Dialing' in your phone options.
    Go to Phone->Options->General Options->Dial From Home Screen and set it to 'No'.
    Currently available hotkeys are:
    Space bar, Q, E, G, I, J, R, X, Y, Z or none

Configurable Screen Capture Image Format

You can now choose between JPG and PNG.

SMS Inbox

Quickly access your sms inbox

MMS Inbox
    Quickly access your mms inbox

New Colors:
    Added the following colors: Royal Blue, Violet-Red, Magenta, Sienna, Lime, Light Sea Green, Teal, Hot Pink, Gold and Platinum

Note: If you are still using a zip code for the weather you must re-configure the settings to use a 'Location ID' instead of zip code. Yahoo weather is currently changing the location id's and your city's id may have been changed recently. According to yahoo zip codes are being phased out and eventually only Location ID's will be accepted. So go in to QL Options and read the new instructions for obtaining your Location ID.

Other devices will be updated to 2.18 soon. Next up: 85xx Series

Watch the QuickLaunch Demo Video in HD here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st, 2009: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st, 2009 and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.18 for the 83xx is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted to RIM for inclusion but they have a minimum 1 week approval time.
    However, Current App World QuickLaunch customers can upgrade using the 'Check for Update' function in QL Options.

Go here for the 2.17 release thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ne...ut-key-399679/

Go here for the 2.16 release thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/qu...nching-397163/

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    01-25-10 09:46 PM
    I thought ligit sellers went through the crackberry app store?????
    01-25-10 10:07 PM
    what does that mean?
    01-25-10 10:14 PM
    When I try to use the update function in options I get:
    "Error connecting to update server."
    I have all permissions set to allow.
    Advice?
    01-25-10 10:22 PM
    That's been an issue for some devices for a while. I can't figure it out because it works for all the devices i've tried it on. still happens to some people.
    Someone in san diego w/ that problem needs to come to my house so i can figure that out finally. if you get that error and your on app world you will have to wait until app world approves it. If another store such as mobihand etc you can download it from your account page. That's the best I can do.
    01-25-10 10:30 PM
    Awesome! I didn't know what else you could have added to quicklaunch a few months back but there are now a crapload of features. Keep up the good work.
    01-25-10 10:53 PM
    arigatou yosaki san. anata ga nihonjin ka dou ka wakannai kedo
    01-25-10 10:58 PM
    Okay.. seriously. This app just rocks. The price is a bargain.

Thanks for supporting the aging curve 8330. I am getting a bit curmudgeonly and can't find it within myself to "upgrade" to an iphone/droid/storm/whatever, but why bother when apps like this keep making my phone even more useful?
    01-26-10 07:38 AM
    Just upgraded to this version. This is the first application I will install to any Blackberry I buy. It is brilliant. And thanks for the update.
    01-26-10 08:21 AM
    My shortcuts keys for folders stopped working. . . anyone else have this issue? I'm using an 8350i. I tried removing the shortcut then resetting it and it didn't help. Any thoughts?
    01-26-10 09:14 AM
    I just upgraded through the Quicklaunch check for updates button. It downloaded the new version, but now says my activation code is invalid. I can't run Quicklaunch and cannot redownload from AppWorld. What should I try now?
    01-26-10 09:43 AM
    Anybody else having the problem with the color choices in the Google Search text box? I've noticed that with every "precision" based theme, with the blue/white/black color scheme like the new BB's, the color defaults in the QL Search text box to white text on a white background, thus causing the text to be impossible to read unless you select and highlight the text. I know this is a more of theme related error, but with as many people running a "precision" type theme, I'd think this would be wide spread enough of a problem the developer might want to look into fixing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 11:14 AM
    i'll take a look at it.
    01-26-10 02:30 PM
    How do I get the BB Clock on QL? I see Alarm, which doesn't work, but I'm guessing this new version needs to be made compatible with the new 5.0 OS?
    01-26-10 04:25 PM
    My shortcuts keys for folders stopped working. . .
    Same here on my VZW 8330 OS4.5 official. Looks like a bug.

I also noticed the QL can sometimes disappear when making config changes. It seems to be running, and I can see the icon when I use the BB task switcher, but when I select the ICON it won't appear on the screen. I have to reboot to get it working again.
    01-26-10 05:49 PM
    what if you make another shortcut for the folder?
    01-26-10 06:10 PM
    Somehow I added this entry and the "disappear" thing happens when I try to edit it.

<mi>te<d>null<sep>0<t>3<sc>0<p>0<c>0<n>0<pn>0

I was able to delete it but I thought I'd post since this is the only way I can make the "disappear" thing happen repeatedly.
    01-26-10 08:10 PM
    do you know how you added that?
    01-26-10 08:13 PM
    what if you make another shortcut for the folder?
    Same behavior if it's a newly created folder or if I change the shortcut, even multi-letter shortcuts. If I press the key(s) assigned to the folder, the menu disappears quickly and comes back at main menu. If I press an unassigned key it does nothing.
    01-26-10 08:14 PM
    do you know how you added that?
    I added a "Folder Launcher". I was just trying different utilities that QL adds that are not part of standard apps. (BTW, thanks for BT toggle, I don't know why RIM removed that)

I just tried adding a folder launcher again and it create an item that can't be edited again.
    01-26-10 08:22 PM
    Vlingo requires "nothing" as selection for a convenience key. I chose muticlick anyway to see if double click would still work rather than holding once for Vlingo. Fail. So I tried to restore back to nothing and it is stuck on multiclick but have nothing selected for double, triple etc and Vlingo still works. So I'm guessing Vlingo overrides QL. Workaround? I'm loving this app!!!

01-26-10 08:45 PM
    2 Suggestions:

It would be nice to have the option of using full screen real estate.

It would be nice if an asterisk or other marker showed applications that are really QL tools (like screencap and BT toggle).

Thanks much.
    01-26-10 09:18 PM
    i'll fix the folder thing. thanks.
    01-26-10 09:32 PM
    I just know HTML so I naively tried to enter [email protected]?subject=Test and it put the whole string in the To: field rather than populating the subject as well...probably because that's where I entered it Can you add the subject field in the Add Email Address dialogue screen?
    01-26-10 09:42 PM
    A minute or so after I use it sometimes I get and error. "Uncaught exception: Application Quicklaunch(137) is not responding; process terminated." I then click and nothing happens.

Is there a fix for this? I have everything to Allow.
    01-26-10 11:22 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD