I have had Quicklaunch on my 8330 since I got it 3 months ago as I read it was
    a must have third party AP.

Are any of you using it? If so what are the benefits and how did you get started?

I am beginning to think it is probably really a god send for Storm owners but not so much for Curve owners. I contacted NIkisoft for a useres manual and the only one they have is for the Storm HMMMM.

I am going to delete it if I can't figure out how/ why to use it.

Please save me from myself if this is a bad move.

Thanks
    09-10-09 03:04 PM
    For me it is a must have app. Set it to activate with the left convenience. Then set quicklaunch up to do your most frequently used tasks. Just hit the left button to bring quicklaunch up, then make my choice. Calls, texts, emails whatever very quickly.
    09-10-09 03:20 PM
    I'm a big QL fan as well, I put most of my applications in folders to free up clutter, QL can take you to anyone of those apps in seconds...
    09-10-09 03:23 PM
    I use it and LOVE it ... especially since it was updated last week. The weather now works and it is much more user friendly than it was, in my opinion at least.

I use a blank homescreen theme (cause I'm a girl and I likes my wallpaper, haha), so with QL I can assign shortcuts to my 3rd party apps and any native apps that don't already have them so I literally NEVER have to go into my icons. Also love the fact that it includes a screen capture utility and a quick basic device info popup.

As for the manual, yes it is geared for the Storm but it's pretty much the same for the Curve. I used that manual to learn how to operate it and had no problems. You can find it here: http://www.nikkisoft.com/manual/qlmanual.pdf

I will admit, I had deleted it prior to this last update. I only tried it again to see what the updated features were. Been using it ever since and won't be without it.
    09-10-09 03:29 PM
    I use it and LOVE it ... especially since it was updated last week. The weather now works and it is much more user friendly than it was, in my opinion at least.

I use a blank homescreen theme (cause I'm a girl and I likes my wallpaper, haha), so with QL I can assign shortcuts to my 3rd party apps and any native apps that don't already have them so I literally NEVER have to go into my icons. Also love the fact that it includes a screen capture utility and a quick basic device info popup.

As for the manual, yes it is geared for the Storm but it's pretty much the same for the Curve. I used that manual to learn how to operate it and had no problems. You can find it here: http://www.nikkisoft.com/manual/qlmanual.pdf

I will admit, I had deleted it prior to this last update. I only tried it again to see what the updated features were. Been using it ever since and won't be without it.
    I have v2.12.3 is that the latest?
    09-10-09 03:34 PM
    I find it essential, as it saves me from having to wade through the Applications screen to find the app I'm looking for. And I have my apps separated into folders also. And I love that it now has a screen capture feature built in.
    09-10-09 03:36 PM
    I have QL also since I got my Curve and I can not do with out it.

As others have already mentioned, I have all the apps that I use frequently set up with QL and is very easy to just click the icon and launch the app. I have all my games in a folder within QL and just punch it up to load Backgammon, Zelda, Video Poker, etc.

Also I have it set up if I launch QL and press the "O" key, the Blackberry Options comes up without having to dig through all the folders and menus on the App menu.

One more point that was just recently added, QL was updated to make opening the Bluetooth protocol a snap. All you have to do is set it up correctly and 1 push of the button and I can get the Bluetooth going or turn it off instead of fumbling around trying to find the option in the menu.

To me Quick Launch is well worth the money and space used for the program. It does not take up any resources as it is not loaded all the time like some apps.

But to each their own. If you do not use it that much, then go ahead and delete it.
    09-10-09 03:41 PM
    Oh no QL is great for Everyone I was like u at first. You can put all your most used tasks on it I also have it on home screen hit QL(berry key)add items. Application will have everything on ur phone push the ap say its amazon for instance hold for amoment it will show the entire list. Scroll to what u want to have quick access to(this term QL) highlight save. Hope this helps I love the ap now that I can use it. If I can assist further my pin is 30bc0859

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 03:46 PM
    I have QL also since I got my Curve and I can not do with out it.

As others have already mentioned, I have all the apps that I use frequently set up with QL and is very easy to just click the icon and launch the app. I have all my games in a folder within QL and just punch it up to load Backgammon, Zelda, Video Poker, etc.

Also I have it set up if I launch QL and press the "O" key, the Blackberry Options comes up without having to dig through all the folders and menus on the App menu.

One more point that was just recently added, QL was updated to make opening the Bluetooth protocol a snap. All you have to do is set it up correctly and 1 push of the button and I can get the Bluetooth going or turn it off instead of fumbling around trying to find the option in the menu.

To me Quick Launch is well worth the money and space used for the program. It does not take up any resources as it is not loaded all the time like some apps.

But to each their own. If you do not use it that much, then go ahead and delete it.
    I won't delete it now that I am seeing a use for it. I guess what I have not gotten yet is how do i add aps. It just does not seem super intuitive I am usually pretty quick...pardon the pun with 3rd party apps but I am having difficulty learning how to use this one.
    09-10-09 03:50 PM
    Gotta have QL. It makes everything easier.
    09-10-09 04:05 PM
    i use it as a quick way to change apps... its a lot quicker then the app switcher.
    09-10-09 04:07 PM
    To add apps open QuickLaunch and press the menu key then click Add Items if it's an app you want to add press Application then click on choose application and it will list all of your apps scroll to the one you want to add and click it, assign a shortcut key if wanted, press menu key and then save. Hope this helps, I too couldn't get along without QuickLaunch.

09-10-09 06:26 PM
    had a similar program on my q9m, so was happy to snag this when I got my curve....I sometimes forget to use it, but it is so sweet!
    09-11-09 12:32 PM
    The best $ I spent on an app. Gotta have QL

09-11-09 12:38 PM
    I have my left convenience key set for Vlingo...is there any other shortcut you can set besides scrolling over to the QL icon on the screen? Is there any other way to bring it up in other apps?
    09-11-09 01:12 PM
    set it to the other key on the side of the phone.
    I have my right one for screen lock and the left for QL...
    09-11-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD