I'm brand new to Blackberry and just purchased a 9650. In going thru the wonderful Crackberry tutorials I came across the Quicklaunch video. Is this an app that would be useful to a beginner in the world of Blackberry, or would you consider it more for the advanced user. Thanks for your input!
    02-07-11 11:00 AM
    Quick Launch is what I would say should have been part of the OS from the beginning. It does not matter if you are a beginner or advanced this app is on the must have list. It will make life simpler and easier in many ways, well worth your time to get this asap.
    02-07-11 11:21 AM
    I use Quicklaunch all the time, very nice app
    02-07-11 11:30 AM
    +1 to these comments. Must have app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 11:32 AM
    QuickLaunch is a must have app for any BB user. It's worth the money.

02-07-11 11:34 AM
    I agree totally with all of the posts above, I delayed getting it because I just didn't want to buy an app that I would not really use. I was convinced by some of the other posters that I should go ahead and get it and that I would use it. I'm really glad I did, I use it constantly, there are very few things that I do on my Bold that I don't use QL for.

Be aware that it will look a bit intimidating and overwhelming at first, don't let it scare you. It will take a little bit of playing with it and you will find that it becomes indispensable.
    02-07-11 11:44 AM
    Quick Launch is what I would say should have been part of the OS from the beginning. It does not matter if you are a beginner or advanced this app is on the must have list. It will make life simpler and easier in many ways, well worth your time to get this asap.
    +1! I use my bb all for personal use only and this is a HUGE MUST HAVE! my buddies in the Ramblin' thread have bugged me to load it for 2wks, I finally did last week and idk how the heck I ever did without it!

02-07-11 11:45 AM
    QuickLaunch is a must have app for any BB user. It's worth the money.

Like PD says as well; once you get it you'll wonder how you got around without it. Your device has quite a few pre-configured keyboard shortcuts, QuickLaunch will extend the ability to pretty much launch everything your device can do with just a few key presses. Menu items, additional functions, websites and bookmarks, phone numbers, etc. - very little that QuickLaunch can't be configured for. Also, it's customizeable: you can have it look like a distinct app or blend it into any theme you're using.

02-07-11 12:24 PM
    Another happy QuickLaunch customer here. Anything I want is two presses away. QuickLaunch is great for those that like to maximize their wallpaper real estate because you don't need to clutter the space with icons.

As some stated above, QuickLaunch also comes with some additional features that you would normally have to pay for or are rather convenient (i.e. screen capture, bluetooth/wifi toggle, device info, event logs, flashlight, weather, etc.).

First thing I do when I pick up my BB is hit the spacebar and then one letter, and I'm right where I want to be. Out of all the apps I own, it's singlehandedly the most used and, therefore, the most valuable purchase.
    02-07-11 12:44 PM
    I never looked at Quicklaunch because I didn't want to pay for an app, but after so many people stated how great it was, I decided to purchase it (when it was 50% off) and I agree with everyone else. It's a great app, and really makes the phone that much better. Don't hesitate, get it.
    02-07-11 02:52 PM
    Like BoDeb & Arcadence above, I delayed getting QL for awhile. I just didn't want to pay for apps.

Well QL ended up being the first app I've ever purchased. And now it's virtually indispensable to me; a total experience-changer.

I often say that until I buy a winning Lotto ticket, QL is the best $5 I've ever spent.

QL�
    02-07-11 03:33 PM
    ...and it'll make you soup and a sandwich if you're hungry!

Ok, it won't...but other than feeding me, it is an essential addon to any blackberry...shortcuts are great. I have tons of them...no flicking through apps..

..but id still like soup and a sandwich
    02-07-11 04:14 PM
    ...and it'll make you soup and a sandwich if you're hungry!

Ok, it won't...but other than feeding me, it is an essential addon to any blackberry...shortcuts are great. I have tons of them...no flicking through apps..

..but id still like soup and a sandwich
    mmmmmmm...soup and a sandwich! creamy tomato soup with a mozzarella string cheese stick & a half grilled cheese sandwich!

02-07-11 06:00 PM
    Quicklaunch....I thought it was pointless to have an app that could launch apps, and then I bought it and never looked back. As others have said, it is used everday for just about everything. Well worth the money.

Another app I find essential, MeterBerry, I use this daily as well.

02-07-11 07:10 PM
    I'm brand new to Blackberry and just purchased a 9650. In going thru the wonderful Crackberry tutorials I came across the Quicklaunch video. Is this an app that would be useful to a beginner in the world of Blackberry, or would you consider it more for the advanced user. Thanks for your input!
    Go get it while it's 50% off.
    you won't regret it.
    02-07-11 07:16 PM
    Check out the QuickLaunch update. I now have a shortcut to universal search and the auto fill feature is great!

02-07-11 11:02 PM
    +1 to these comments. Must have app.

Just installed Quicklaunch. My question is how do I clean up my home screen ? So I can only push my space bar to launch QL. Only!

02-08-11 01:51 AM
    Just installed Quicklaunch. My question is how do I clean up my home screen ? So I can only push my space bar to launch QL. Only!

Or do I just hide everything?

02-08-11 02:08 AM
    your best bet is to get a theme with no icons on the homescreen and just use quicklaunch.
    here is a link to a good theme with no icons. i know it says its for the 9700 but its up and running on my bold (9650) just fine. http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...os-6-a-580283/
    02-08-11 07:01 AM
    Check out the QuickLaunch update. I now have a shortcut to universal search and the auto fill feature is great!

You don't need a shortcut to universal search though, do you?
    I mean, even with 3rd party themes, I just start typing and uni search comes up. Doesn't it work this way for you Prince?
    02-08-11 07:35 AM
    Yes that's how it works from the home screen. But having the shortcut let's me uni search from anywhere.

Last edited by princebb; 02-08-11 at 09:17 AM.
    02-08-11 08:47 AM
    Unless you have it set up that typing from the homescreen does application shortcuts and not universal search.

02-08-11 08:51 AM
    I've had issues w/ certain 3rd party themes that aren't configured for universal search. So this addition to QL is quite convenient.....
    02-08-11 09:34 AM
    your best bet is to get a theme with no icons on the homescreen and just use quicklaunch.
    here is a link to a good theme with no icons. i know it says its for the 9700 but its up and running on my bold (9650) just fine. http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...os-6-a-580283/
    Thanks for the help but I am a U.S. Cellular and stuck at 5.0. Will this still work?

02-08-11 09:34 AM
    I regret everyday that I have used my BlackBerry without QuickLaunch

QuickLaunch, this application is a MUST HAVE for any BlackBerry device!!! It allows you to run any application or task via one icon which you can place on your desktop and setup shortcuts for it, additionally, it comes with a weather application built in as well, a screen capture utility incase you wanted to show your screen to someone, a torch application that actually works, and a battery pull simulator to help you easily restart your device without actually removing the battery.

Price: $4.99 but is worth every penny!

Link: QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of BlackBerry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST APP 2010, 2009 by Crackberry! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

02-08-11 12:41 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD