Thanks for the clarification. I just installed 4.1 from this thread (not showing for me in AppWorld). If the license issue starts again, I'll email support as you suggested.
    UPDATE: Emailed support and got a response about 3 minutes later. Code fixed and back up and running. That is EXTREME customer support!
    12-21-11 09:25 PM
    How does the reboot function work? I am getting the following prompts when I reboot the device using QL.

It first asks "Are you sure you want to reset your device?" I select yes. Then it prompts me for the following: "a restart is required for changes to take effect. QL has installed or removed modules." Options are "Details," "Restart Now," and "Restart Later." I select Restart Now.

After device reboots, the phone prompts "Restart Completed. Changes has been successfully applied. QL has installed or removed modules."

Is this how the QL reboot function works (i.e., simulate an app install to force a reboot)? I want to see if my phone is doing this right or I need to troubleshoot further.
    That is how mine works also which I believe is normal. I don't remember all that dialogue in 3.9, but the end result is a device reboot without having to pull the battery which is a great feature.

When I reboot using Meterberry, I get similar messages so all seems to be working correctly.
    robchow likes this.
    12-21-11 09:57 PM
    I was trying to create an SMS shortcut and when I add new item > SMS > Open Contact List, I don't see the contact name I am looking for. When I go back to the home screen, I can view the contact by clicking on Contacts.

In QL, if I try and add a new contact with the same name, it tells me it alreadys exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    12-22-11 11:55 AM
    Any previous beta testers out there wana test something for me? will take 5 mins of your time.
    thx
    12-22-11 01:45 PM
    That is how mine works also which I believe is normal. I don't remember all that dialogue in 3.9, but the end result is a device reboot without having to pull the battery which is a great feature.

When I reboot using Meterberry, I get similar messages so all seems to be working correctly.
    Thanks. I was troubleshooting for a long time and using the FAQ from Nikkisoft and the phone kept prompting me about QL adding and remove modules. I go WTF. Then it dawned on me that maybe this simulated install was the way to have the system reboot. I am glad to hear that is the normal way of doing it.

Now time to test other features out.
    12-22-11 02:43 PM
    I was trying to create an SMS shortcut and when I add new item > SMS > Open Contact List, I don't see the contact name I am looking for. When I go back to the home screen, I can view the contact by clicking on Contacts.

In QL, if I try and add a new contact with the same name, it tells me it alreadys exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    When you launch contacts from QL hit menu and choose select contact list. You probably have 2. One may say unknown. One of them is your main list and the other is from a re-sync or att address book or something. For me, unknown is my real one.
    12-22-11 07:39 PM
    QuickLaunch v4.2 beta Released!

New Feature:
    QL's Scheduled Reboot function now works if you password lock your device!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6954017 <-- click here
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 12-23-11 at 12:31 AM.
    12-22-11 10:28 PM
    I need a few beta testers for the os6 version of QL v4.
    let me know here i interested.

previous beta testers highly preferred but not absolutely necessary.
    app world customers only please.

Thanks
    12-23-11 05:30 PM
    please put me in your QL4 OS6 beta tester list.
    Thanks
    12-25-11 10:41 PM
    QL isn't validating the activation code again. Anybody else this is happening to?
    12-26-11 11:42 AM
    QL isn't validating the activation code again. Anybody else this is happening to?
    I just checked mine... I'm ok for now.
    12-26-11 04:21 PM
    Cheetah you're the man! Just updated my QL to 4.2 (via the link -- AppWorld still hasn't updated yet) and everything went smoothly!

Activation works -- not sure why other people are having a problem. No secure api error anymore (I'm on .261 OS7).

Looks a WHOLE lot better than v3 did on my 9900 -- v4 rocks! thanks again CheetahAce -- keep up the great work!

EDIT: Just a minor hiccup -- ran into the same invalid license error -- showed up before but activated fine -- showed up again in under mins and no longer validates -- so add me to that list =(

EDIT #2: Contacted NikkiSoft support and problem was cleared up in a matter of hours -- super fast! License now validates without a problem. I'll keep my eye on it!
    Last edited by Nesquik; 12-28-11 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Bug, Bug Update
    12-28-11 11:28 AM
    When display is on the right and "Display Battery Power" is on, anything on the left of the display bar (Be it date or just default QuickLaunch) it is pushed to the right and cut off. For example if it is Display Battery Power and default QuickLaunch then it will display "Battery Power and QuickLaun". If screen shots needed let me know.
    12-29-11 12:44 AM
    email me using the contact form on nikkisoft.com. also do a ql backup and email me the backup txt file please.
    thanks

and if you're not using v4.2 then get that.
    12-29-11 02:29 AM
    Anyone else getting this msg??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 02:58 AM
    dont use hybrid os's
    12-29-11 03:14 AM
    Alright. I suspected as much. Thanks for the confirmation!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 05:09 AM
    I have upgraded to 4.2 in hopes to fix my device reset issue.

My problem is that when I use the lock button on top and have my device scheduled for a reset it will not until I unlock the device again.

I never use a password.

I only use the lock button.

I ditched meterberry because I thought this cool app did that.

Everything else is really cool. Digging this app.

BlackBerry Bold&#174; 9930 using Tapatalk of course.
    01-01-12 01:14 PM
    I have upgraded to 4.2 in hopes to fix my device reset issue.

My problem is that when I use the lock button on top and have my device scheduled for a reset it will not until I unlock the device again.

I never use a password.

I only use the lock button.

I ditched meterberry because I thought this cool app did that.

Everything else is really cool. Digging this app.

BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk of course.
    Yep, same here on my 9810 - 7.0.0.585. All permissions are ALLOW. Works fine with password lock, but not with the lock button.
    01-01-12 02:31 PM
    I don't see version 4.1 in BB App World? Is 4.2 still in beta?

Thanks for any info.

-Rich
    01-01-12 09:08 PM
    i believe 4.0 has to be installed for 4.1 to show up as an upgrade option...not too sure though.
    01-01-12 09:12 PM
    I purchased 4.0 the day it came out. I have been checking App world often.

-Rich

i believe 4.0 has to be installed for 4.1 to show up as an upgrade option...not too sure though.
    01-01-12 09:28 PM
    I don't see version 4.1 in BB App World? Is 4.2 still in beta?

Thanks for any info.

-Rich
    Look at page 33 of this thread. There is a OTA link to 4.2. I think the dev has it ready for release but app world was off for the holidays. It will probably show up in app world soon but u can use the link to download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 09:35 PM
    I found the link, thanks.

Now I am wondering if I will want to use the Universal Search option in QL?
    I am not not sure how it works?

-Rich

Look at page 33 of this thread. There is a OTA link to 4.2. I think the dev has it ready for release but app world was off for the holidays. It will probably show up in app world soon but u can use the link to download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 10:03 PM
    Well, I bought it again on AppWorld for $3.99 after twice having bought QL on MobiHand. Still like the app, but wondering how I was supposed to get the $1.99 price as was offered by the developer for previous purchasers??

R...
    01-02-12 11:38 AM
662 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD