Read this carefully.

* This update is only for current customers with QL 4 on OS7 Devices.
    * This update will not work on OS6 or OS5 or any other OS besides OS7.
    * This update is only for customers who have already purchased QL 4.0 on App World and is currently installed on an OS7 device.
    * Do not install this update if you don't have QL version 4.
    * This version will not run on your phone if you haven't purchased QL 4. So don't waste your time trying.
    * Do not email me if you do not read the above and do not meet the above conditions and choose to install this update anyway.
    * Read the above conditions again

QL 4.1 beta has been submitted to app world for approval. I don't know when they will publish it.

QL 4.1 beta is a version that has the Universal Search function disabled. Several of Rim's OS's have a bug that prevent apps using Universal Search functions from running such as OS.241 and .261 and some others.
    If you have installed QL 4.0 and have the 'secure-api' error then this version will elliminate that and you will be able to use the app. Yay!

If you have QL 4.0 running on your device with no 'secure-api' error you can also install this version as it has the following bug fixes (however you will not have universal search function in ql anymore)

Bug Fixes:
    . No more secure-api error
    . Shake Launch option not appearing in options bug fixed
    . Battery % scrunched up under certain conditions bug fixed
    . Other costmetic issues w/ QL menu display fixed
    . QL crashing when going into a submenu while shake detection is enabled bug fixed
    . Some bugs for bb 9360 fixed
    . Some other bugs fixed too. Sorry. forgot which ones...

New Feature:
    If you have wallpaper changer enabled a thumb image showing the current wallpaper will be displayed in options. If you click the thumb it will cycle through the images changing your homescreen wallpaper each time you click.

If you do not use the wallpaper changer you can still use this feature to change your homescreen wallpaper by enabling wallpaper changer, save, click thumb image to choose, disable wallpaper changer and save.

The thumb image will display after you let the wallpaper changer change an image one time.

If you meet the above conditions and wish to install this update, point your phone's browser here:
    QuickLaunch 4.1 for OS7 Download

If you have any issues contact me here: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    Thank you.
    Thanks for making the 4.1 version for those of us with .261 and other OSes that didn't jive with the Universal Search version. Updated to this new version and everything is working great.

I did notice it defaulted to an old activation code that was invalid but I put in the one I received with QL 4.0 and everything worked great.
    12-20-11 02:18 PM
    the activation code shown is what is in your QL backup file from the last time you did a backup. do another ql backup.
    12-20-11 02:25 PM
    reset works. follow faq steps exactly for 'device reboot doesnt work'
    I will try it again.

Questions:
    1) Should remove the reboot function from the QL menu before running the faq steps?
    2) During the initial reboot setup, it asked for "trusted app" permission. I typically don't put yes for these but does the reboot function need it?

Thanks
    12-20-11 02:26 PM
    reboot setup? what is that?
    12-20-11 02:40 PM
    I deleted and re-installed and still got the secure api error. Is this still an issue with OS .261?
    12-20-11 03:15 PM
    reboot setup? what is that?
    Wrong choice of words. When adding the reboot device function in QL's menu, QL adds/installs the reset app. After the reset installation, the phone prompts to whether or not give Trusted Application status. Would selecting Yes help with the reboot function?

Here is an example of the prompt.
    12-20-11 03:42 PM
    yes..........
    12-20-11 04:35 PM
    Read this carefully.

* This update is only for current customers with QL 4 on OS7 Devices.
    * This update will not work on OS6 or OS5 or any other OS besides OS7.
    * This update is only for customers who have already purchased QL 4.0 on App World and is currently installed on an OS7 device.
    * Do not install this update if you don't have QL version 4.
    * This version will not run on your phone if you haven't purchased QL 4. So don't waste your time trying.
    * Do not email me if you do not read the above and do not meet the above conditions and choose to install this update anyway.
    * Read the above conditions again

QL 4.1 beta has been submitted to app world for approval. I don't know when they will publish it.

QL 4.1 beta is a version that has the Universal Search function disabled. Several of Rim's OS's have a bug that prevent apps using Universal Search functions from running such as OS.241 and .261 and some others.
    If you have installed QL 4.0 and have the 'secure-api' error then this version will elliminate that and you will be able to use the app. Yay!

If you have QL 4.0 running on your device with no 'secure-api' error you can also install this version as it has the following bug fixes (however you will not have universal search function in ql anymore)

Bug Fixes:
    . No more secure-api error
    . Shake Launch option not appearing in options bug fixed
    . Battery % scrunched up under certain conditions bug fixed
    . Other costmetic issues w/ QL menu display fixed
    . QL crashing when going into a submenu while shake detection is enabled bug fixed
    . Some bugs for bb 9360 fixed
    . Some other bugs fixed too. Sorry. forgot which ones...

New Feature:
    If you have wallpaper changer enabled a thumb image showing the current wallpaper will be displayed in options. If you click the thumb it will cycle through the images changing your homescreen wallpaper each time you click.

If you do not use the wallpaper changer you can still use this feature to change your homescreen wallpaper by enabling wallpaper changer, save, click thumb image to choose, disable wallpaper changer and save.

The thumb image will display after you let the wallpaper changer change an image one time.

If you meet the above conditions and wish to install this update, point your phone's browser here:
    QuickLaunch 4.1 for OS7 Download

If you have any issues contact me here: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    Thank you.
    I deleted and re-installed and still got the secure api error. Is this still an issue with OS .261?
    See post above for api secure issues fix
    12-20-11 04:45 PM
    Many thanks to Nikkisoft for the "api error" fix and replying within a couple of minutes to my numerous requests... amazing customer service and app!!
    12-20-11 06:24 PM
    4.1 beta fixed the submenu freeze, thanks! I dont use universal search anyway cause what I use is already in QL
    12-20-11 09:20 PM
    No trouble with any of the features, 4.1 works and delivers just as advertised. AWESOME!

THIS IS A MUST HAVE APP FOR ANY BERRY

Thanks once again Cheetah!
    12-20-11 09:39 PM
    This is from App World support:

"As for the $4.99, this is the sync we do nightly with DR/Bango � so depending on when you changed it, it may take until tonight until the actual price is $4.99.

Technical Manager - BlackBerry App World Operations"
    I don't know if you can point me in the right direction but for some reason when I went into App world on my 9900 to purchase the update of QL I can't seem to get past my paypal acceptance anymore. it comes up with the following: Pay fault error 579024: the preapproval key can't be used before the start date or after the end date (error id 579024)
    (it's not my paypal - it's fine)

Anyone else having this problem?
    12-20-11 10:51 PM
    Good. Thanks.
    12-20-11 11:00 PM
    I don't know if you can point me in the right direction but for some reason when I went into App world on my 9900 to purchase the update of QL I can't seem to get past my paypal acceptance anymore. it comes up with the following: Pay fault error 579024: the preapproval key can't be used before the start date or after the end date (error id 579024)
    (it's not my paypal - it's fine)

Anyone else having this problem?
    Okay forget I asked - checked with Paypal site and Paypal is not available for the Bold 9900 which is frustrating because I prefer to use Paypal. Ah well am downloading QL 4.0
    12-20-11 11:26 PM
    My QL4 was working fine for a while, then the 'invalid license' started. After two days of non functioning QL, I went back to 3.9 on Mobihand. I installed/uninstalled 4.0 a few times and it would work until the first time it was queried for the activation code. I did a new backup to embed the 4.0 activation code in my QL_backup file. Inputting the new activation code still did not work. Too frustrating...

I hope to reinstall it again in the near future after QL and AppWorld learn to play together. I know CheetaAce is working hard to get this thing fixed, so I'm not complaining to him because I have worked in software/program development and understand start-up issues.

Still love the app. Will be following the thread as to progress on the invalid license issue.
    Last edited by InnerChild; 12-21-11 at 12:04 AM.
    12-20-11 11:46 PM
    I will download from here but are you still testing a newer version or will 4.1 be released in BB App World?
    12-21-11 06:19 AM
    the activation code shown is what is in your QL backup file from the last time you did a backup. do another ql backup.
    I did. I assumed that was what it was.
    12-21-11 07:28 AM
    Thanks for cut off text fix cheetah!
    12-21-11 07:33 AM
    I will download from here but are you still testing a newer version or will 4.1 be released in BB App World?
    4.1 is in App World but you have to have 4.0 installed on your device to get it. There is a link to 4.1 on the first post of this thread by CheetahAce.
    12-21-11 07:34 AM
    and the QL wallpaper changer is the most efficient wallpaper changer there is. no background running. like i said in the first post "it's magic". the wallpaper code is like 30 lines of code. if i made it a separate app it would be like 0.3 k in size which is probably like 100 times smaller than other wallpaper apps.
    Fair enough. I did try running QL 4 with the wallpaper changer turned off, and the other wallpaper changer app running instead, and the CPU use is much less, so I'll stick with that for now. The other enhancements to QL are more than enough to justify the upgrade, so no complaints.
    12-21-11 07:53 AM
    My QL4 was working fine for a while, then the 'invalid license' started. After two days of non functioning QL, I went back to 3.9 on Mobihand. I installed/uninstalled 4.0 a few times and it would work until the first time it was queried for the activation code. I did a new backup to embed the 4.0 activation code in my QL_backup file. Inputting the new activation code still did not work. Too frustrating...

I hope to reinstall it again in the near future after QL and AppWorld learn to play together. I know CheetaAce is working hard to get this thing fixed, so I'm not complaining to him because I have worked in software/program development and understand start-up issues.

Still love the app. Will be following the thread as to progress on the invalid license issue.
    All you have to do is email support. I was back up and running in a matter of a couple hours. Great support. There is no "fix" that you will be able to apply. It is all done on their end.
    12-21-11 03:14 PM
    When the invalid license situation started... I just sat tight. It took a few hours... I got off a flight and poof... I was able to validate again.

Patience is the key.
    12-21-11 04:36 PM
    4.1 is in App World but you have to have 4.0 installed on your device to get it. There is a link to 4.1 on the first post of this thread by CheetahAce.
    It must be carrier dependent as the only version that I see available is 4.0. I was able to download using the link and activate 4.1. Too bad there is not a version for the PB.
    12-21-11 04:54 PM
    All you have to do is email support. I was back up and running in a matter of a couple hours. Great support. There is no "fix" that you will be able to apply. It is all done on their end.
    Thanks for the clarification. I just installed 4.1 from this thread (not showing for me in AppWorld). If the license issue starts again, I'll email support as you suggested.
    12-21-11 08:32 PM
    How does the reboot function work? I am getting the following prompts when I reboot the device using QL.

It first asks "Are you sure you want to reset your device?" I select yes. Then it prompts me for the following: "a restart is required for changes to take effect. QL has installed or removed modules." Options are "Details," "Restart Now," and "Restart Later." I select Restart Now.

After device reboots, the phone prompts "Restart Completed. Changes has been successfully applied. QL has installed or removed modules."

Is this how the QL reboot function works (i.e., simulate an app install to force a reboot)? I want to see if my phone is doing this right or I need to troubleshoot further.
    12-21-11 09:17 PM
662 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD