I migrated over from my original mobihand purchase gave in and bought your app again, and so far so good! I'm wondering what the BerryWeather enable feature is under options. I can't seem to find any information about it.
    12-18-11 11:08 PM
    I don't understand your question
    12-18-11 11:13 PM
    Never mind I got. It's to cycle wallpaper if you have Berryweather homescreen wallpaper. Neat feature!
    12-18-11 11:35 PM
    I can't get the "reboot" function to work. I tried the instructions listed at NikkiSoft site and still nothing. Anyone have suggestions that may help?
    12-19-11 05:22 PM
    I can't get the "reboot" function to work. I tried the instructions listed at NikkiSoft site and still nothing. Anyone have suggestions that may help?
    Have you set permissions on "reset"?
    12-19-11 07:44 PM
    QL 4.2beta Release

Read this carefully.

* This update is only for current customers with QL 4 on OS7 Devices.
    * This update will not work on OS6 or OS5 or any other OS besides OS7.
    * This update is only for customers who have already purchased QL 4.0 on App World and is currently installed on an OS7 device.
    * Do not install this update if you don't have QL version 4.
    * This version will not run on your phone if you haven't purchased QL 4. So don't waste your time trying.
    * Read the above conditions again

QL 4.2 beta has been submitted to app world for approval. I don't know when they will publish it.

QL 4.2 beta is a version that has the Universal Search function disabled. Several of Rim's OS's have a bug that prevent apps using Universal Search functions from running such as OS.241 and .261 and some others.
    If you have installed QL 4.0 and have the 'secure-api' error then this version will elliminate that and you will be able to use the app. Yay!

If you have QL 4.0 running on your device with no 'secure-api' error you can also install this version as it has the following bug fixes (however you will not have universal search function in ql anymore)

Bug Fixes:
    . No more secure-api error
    . Shake Launch option not appearing in options bug fixed
    . Battery % scrunched up under certain conditions bug fixed
    . Other cosmetic issues w/ QL menu display fixed
    . QL crashing when going into a submenu while shake detection is enabled bug fixed
    . Some bugs for bb 9360 fixed
    . Some other bugs fixed too. Sorry. forgot which ones...

New Features:
    * QL Scheduled Reboot will now reboot your device if you password lock your phone. Click on the 'Click here to enter your pw..' in the options page

* If you have wallpaper changer enabled a thumb image showing the current wallpaper will be displayed in options. If you click the thumb it will cycle through the images changing your homescreen wallpaper each time you click.
    If you do not use the wallpaper changer you can still use this feature to change your homescreen wallpaper by enabling wallpaper changer, save, click thumb image to choose, disable wallpaper changer and save.
    The thumb image will display after you let the wallpaper changer change an image one time.

If you meet the above conditions and wish to install this update, point your phone's browser here:
    QuickLaunch 4.2 for OS7 Download

If you have any issues contact me here: http://www.nikkisoft.com/main/?page_id=15
    Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 12-23-11 at 01:47 AM.
    skynny70, abass, CMHberry and 1 others like this.
    12-20-11 12:13 AM
    Downloaded and installed the update. Fixed the menu resolution on my Curve 9350. However, when I enabled shake launch it crashed QL once again (was attempting to assign Alarm, which was already checked from my previous attempts). Going to reboot and try to disable the Alarm shake launch before enabling shake launch in the main menu to see if that fixes it possibly.
    12-20-11 12:46 AM
    you probably have to set permissions again.
    12-20-11 12:52 AM
    I loaded this new version and everything was working fine. The screen then shrunk and shifted the top left corner of my screen and now when I open the app it's asking for my activation code with the old code still prefilled. Neither code works now. All permissions have been set to allow and I've done a reboot already.
    cookie20 likes this.
    12-20-11 01:20 AM
    I bought QL 4 a just recently when it launched and it was working fine until this morning. It asked me for the license code again and when I tried the one given to me (and still listed in appworld) it keeps saying invalid license. I then found the link to 4.1 and thought I'd try upgrade but unfortunately its still saying invalid license. I've checked the permissions and everything is allowed. Any ideas?
    12-20-11 01:22 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6948420

...use that

after you read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6950421
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 12-20-11 at 01:31 AM.
    cookie20 likes this.
    12-20-11 01:29 AM
    Thanks a ton!
    12-20-11 01:42 AM
    You're welcome. I rock.
    Elite1 and Azensun like this.
    12-20-11 01:43 AM
    Have you set permissions on "reset"?
    Yes, I set permission to "allow" for all in reset and reset2 apps as well as Quicklaunch app. I did the permission settings again and reboot still doesn't work.
    Last edited by robchow; 12-20-11 at 01:58 AM.
    12-20-11 01:55 AM
    reset works. follow faq steps exactly for 'device reboot doesnt work'
    12-20-11 02:00 AM
    Hello CheetahAce - I'm interested in purchasing this app. Is there a free trial for Bold 9700 running on OS 6? Thx
    12-20-11 02:11 AM
    Sorry no free trials. Just buy it.
    12-20-11 02:27 AM
    Hello CheetahAce - I'm interested in purchasing this app. Is there a free trial for Bold 9700 running on OS 6? Thx
    Trust us and the other kabajillion people using this app.. You don't need a free trial as it would do nothing but waste your time to have to go back through it to buy it. Just buy it on the initial go-through. Trust me, this is one app that no matter who you are, if you have a BlackBerry, you will realize that it is the best app for your phone. If you don't like it, I will personally send you whatever it costs VIA PayPal, I am THAT confident that you will love it (I am in no way associated with Cheetah, he is just the bomb). I convince you enough yet? haha

&BTW

You're welcome. I rock.
    I completely agree, you do rock! Thanks for the update VIA forums instead of making us wait for app world
    CheetahAce and joju58 like this.
    12-20-11 02:42 AM
    I installed QL 4.1 beta, now I receive "invalid license" message.
    12-20-11 04:45 AM
    I upgraded to QL 4, and uninstalled the Wallpaper Shifter app that I was using before.

I had noticed that the previous version of QL and the Wallpaper app were together averaging about 5s of CPU time per day. The new version of QL seems to be using more than ten times that much. The only added feature that I'm using is the wallpaper shifting feature (every 30 minutes).

Since more CPU time means more battery drain, and on the 9900 it's important to conserve battery, I'm wondering if there's a way to roll back to version 3.9. I'm not looking for a refund.
    12-20-11 07:47 AM
    I upgraded to QL 4, and uninstalled the Wallpaper Shifter app that I was using before.

I had noticed that the previous version of QL and the Wallpaper app were together averaging about 5s of CPU time per day. The new version of QL seems to be using more than ten times that much. The only added feature that I'm using is the wallpaper shifting feature (every 30 minutes).

Since more CPU time means more battery drain, and on the 9900 it's important to conserve battery, I'm wondering if there's a way to roll back to version 3.9. I'm not looking for a refund.
    Can't you just install the wallpaper changer app you had and turn off "wallpapper switcher" in options for QL? And to be completely honest, that really is a tiny amount of CPU it is really using. I mean if it bugs you that much, try the first method or just make it so it changes less.. Do you really look at your phone every 30 seconds? I have mine at 30 minutes and it is still new enough every time I look at my phone.
    12-20-11 12:24 PM
    i installed this new 4.1 version and have no issues. Shake option i set on flashlight and now works fine unlike on previous version that was causing crash in a few minutes after setting it to same flashlight application. So far so good...Thanks CheetahAce for your hard work buddy.
    12-20-11 12:36 PM
    Can't you just install the wallpaper changer app you had and turn off "wallpapper switcher" in options for QL? And to be completely honest, that really is a tiny amount of CPU it is really using. I mean if it bugs you that much, try the first method or just make it so it changes less.. Do you really look at your phone every 30 seconds? I have mine at 30 minutes and it is still new enough every time I look at my phone.
    I'll try what you suggest.

It is set to 30 minutes, not seconds, by the way.

And maybe the amount of CPU time is too negligible to matter. I don't have any real sense of it, except that I've had some bad experience with apps chewing up the battery. I may be overreacting to that.
    12-20-11 12:41 PM
    Great App!!
    Is there any way to suppress the message "reset complete" after doing a device reset? I know that the os drives the message but thought I would ask. The reason I want to suppress it is that I want to schedule a daily reset at night while the device is in my nightstand pod, but i use the device as my night clock and the message covers up the clock after it reboots.
    12-20-11 01:04 PM

nothing has changed in the way QL works in the last 3 years. it doesnt run in the background. it works the same way it has since the first day i released it. it just launches apps when you click them in the list. that's all. it doesnt do any battery intensive operations. the only thing that would use any cpu is setting the wallpaper. and that's next to nothing. it's about an easy / light process as an app can do. if that's too much for you then just disable the wallpaper changer. but there's no way that would hurt your battery or anything else. not possible.
    also version 4 would actually be smaller than QL3 in size but i added a couple of graphics that pushed it over. still one of the smallest bb apps available.

and the QL wallpaper changer is the most efficient wallpaper changer there is. no background running. like i said in the first post "it's magic". the wallpaper code is like 30 lines of code. if i made it a separate app it would be like 0.3 k in size which is probably like 100 times smaller than other wallpaper apps.

and if u want 3.9 ok but really it would be for nothing because of the above. 4.0 is a better app.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 12-20-11 at 01:44 PM.
    12-20-11 01:37 PM
662 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD