@CheetahAce

Now when I use QL to sent a text (which is what I use QL for 90% of the time :P) instead of it coming up in the message field, it makes it a multiple person text and puts the cursor in the add new contact part:

(obviously this would normally be a persons name from my contacts, just did this so there was no personal info given out)

Just a heads up in a future fix, unless you know what happened? I do remember a similar bug like this happened on an older version where it wouldn't put the persons info in it or there was no top or something. Anywho,

Thanks
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-17-11 at 08:44 PM.
    12-17-11 08:38 PM
    Sorry if this has all ready been posted but I didn't really want to read the whole thread. Anyone else getting this? It's cutting the word quicklaunch and the battery level off.
    1) do a QL Backup and email me the ql_backup.txt file
    2) change some settings like menu width or add a menu item or add weather etc. just change anything.
    3) don't forget to do #1
    4) read item #1
    12-17-11 08:53 PM
    Thank you. yes im fine. Any previous beta tester here with secure api error ?

Not me.

Sent from my OSBB'd 9930 via Tapatalk
    12-17-11 09:14 PM
    @CheetahAce

Now when I use QL to sent a text (which is what I use QL for 90% of the time :P) instead of it coming up in the message field, it makes it a multiple person text and puts the cursor in the add new contact part:

(obviously this would normally be a persons name from my contacts, just did this so there was no personal info given out)

Just a heads up in a future fix, unless you know what happened? I do remember a similar bug like this happened on an older version where it wouldn't put the persons info in it or there was no top or something. Anywho,

Thanks
    That was there at the last release too. You have to hit enter then start typing your text. Yes, I too would like it to go back to where the cursor is in the text box
    12-17-11 09:21 PM
    Thank you Cheetah. You fixed the invalid license error responding to and resolving the problem in less than 3 minutes from when I sent the email.
    I got the shake working too by saving via escape vs the menu.
    That is one SWEET feature!!!
    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by vecharo; 12-17-11 at 09:47 PM.
    12-17-11 09:24 PM
    That was there at the last release too. You have to hit enter then start typing your text. Yes, I too would like it to go back to where the cursor is in the text box
    I had the last release and it worked fine for me, just this one am I encountering the issue. Oh well who knows :P
    12-18-11 01:07 AM
    From now on customers or potential customers or anyone else should contact me by using the contact form on my site which is here:

NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

Thanks
    tryfe likes this.
    12-18-11 01:24 AM
    CheetahAce,

Is there anything that can be done?

There is supposed to be non-universal search version coming that will resolve this. Or you can upgrade your OS. Some of the earlier OSes don't jive with the new universal search feature.

I went back the v3.9 that I had from Mobihand until the non-universal search version is released.

Anyone know if it has yet? CheetahAce said it may be out Friday or Saturday.
    12-18-11 08:43 AM
    From now on customers or potential customers or anyone else should contact me by using the contact form on my site which is here:

NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

Thanks
    Just logged my issue on your site. Please see the error that I posted above.
    12-18-11 10:31 AM
    read the first post
    12-18-11 12:24 PM
    Are there any beta versions to test that are compatible with AT&T OS version .261?
    12-18-11 12:59 PM
    Hey Cheetah, I'm still haveing problems with the resolution in my 9360.

When I put it in the Center look at the screenshot and take a look that it doesn't say QuickLaunch complete, it only says "Quicklaun"...

When I put it in the right side I cant even look at the Q

And When I put it in the left side it also only says "QuickLaun" too

Any ideas...??

It's version 4.0 directly from AppWorld
    12-18-11 01:40 PM
    add more items
    12-18-11 01:54 PM

12-18-11 01:59 PM
    do a ql backup.
    send me ql_backup.txt
    change some options. font size, border, expandable etc.
    you have some combination that's triggering a bug. make changes

from now on email me directly with bugs. no time to constantly monitor forums. thx
    12-18-11 02:14 PM
    Sure, thx Cheetah...
    12-18-11 02:16 PM
    getting invalid license error again all of a sudden
    12-18-11 03:21 PM
    battery pull doesn't seem to be helping. Once it accepts the code, why does it keep doing this?
    Minarets likes this.
    12-18-11 03:35 PM
    do a ql backup.
    send me ql_backup.txt
    change some options. font size, border, expandable etc.
    you have some combination that's triggering a bug. make changes

from now on email me directly with bugs. no time to constantly monitor forums. thx
    I've had this bug since I got my Curve 9350, going back to QL version 3.9. I'm emailing the .txt backup file right now so that hopefully it can be fixed in a future update.
    12-18-11 03:37 PM
    Well i'm not sure how it worked, but it worked for me somehow.
    I needed to Enter the code which was invalid the whole time.
    So i just did a simple battery-pull..
    3 battery pulls and no luck. I'm not sure what to do, its kinda frustrating
    12-18-11 03:44 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. There is just one small problem, I'm not sure what "at g" is refering to. I sent it to gmail but that didn't work. Sorry I'm not tech savy. Mona
    I second this. Tried doing it to [email protected] but it wouldn't send.
    12-18-11 03:44 PM
    I second this. Tried doing it to [email protected] but it wouldn't send.
    nikkisoft.support@g****.com where the asterisks stand for 'mail'
    12-18-11 03:49 PM
    nikkisoft.support@g****.com where the asterisks stand for 'mail'
    That's what I tried doing and it would not send. Came back undeliverable.
    12-18-11 04:04 PM
    Here's the deal. Read carefully.

The app periodically checks the license.
    The app checks the license when you first purchase.
    At the same time i released update the server went down.
    That means new customers couldnt validate.
    Existing customers could validate until they reached the time the app checks the license.
    If server was down at this time for exiting customers the app would just work again on it's own when server went back up.
    New App world version has bugs with where it sometimes sends garbage to my server. My server tells app world "hey wtf?" when it gets garbage and app world is supposed to try again. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesnt. If it doesnt then a refresh in app world takes care of it. usually. not always. aw is buggy. if all of the above fails customer should contact me and i manually take care of the job.

So there are many scenarios.
    You could have been a new customer.
    or existing customer with v3.
    or existing customer who upgraded.
    you could have been a previous mobi customer but not registered on app world.
    you could have been a mobi customer who upgraded to aw but bought v3
    you could have been a mobi customer who upgraded to aw and got v4
    you could have been a mobi customer with several licenses with same email or multiple emails
    you could have been an app world customer with v2 and upgraded to v3 or v4
    You could be any one of the above and depending on when you got the upgrade or didnt or when you downloaded reinstalled etc etc.
    Lots of scenarios.

All of these scenarios I have to code for on my server to handle all situations.
    Also sometimes app world sends the wrong pin to my server. Yes it happens.

All server issues have been fixed. Depending on when they were fixed and when you purchased and how you purchased and what you did before you purchased has an impact on your individual situation. If the app was working before for you and then stopped that is because your individual situation was not taken care of. You were lucky it worked in the first place.

All ppl that contact me (by using contact form on my site) get their issue fixed.

So in short, there are no 'new issues'. It's just you might have slipped thru one of the cracks mentioned above.
    12-18-11 06:43 PM
    Does anyone know how to get appworld to resend purchase receipt if one has deleted it?
    12-18-11 09:30 PM
662 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD