I know you guys will probably think I'm a troll for ranting but Nikkisoft are thieves and jerks!

I bought this app on the app world yesterday and I couldn't open it because of a module error so I e-mailed them and I got a snarky e-mail back and refused me service! We're still going back and forth and they just keep mocking my frustrations.

I'm really not sure what to do here...I just want them to learn that they can't treat customers this way. I know RIM is in no shape to turn away developers right now, but they can't have crooks in the appworld like this. There has to be some kind of responsibility or stake because it seems like they don't care as soon as they receive our money!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    as i explained in my first email to you i dont respond to rude emails or threats.
    12-16-11 01:45 PM
    App world pricing issues? RIM's fault
    OS bugs? RIM's fault
    App World showing incorrect compatibility? RIM's fault
    Ongoing license issues caused by CheetahAce's choice of pirating prevention method? CheetahAce's fault

Sorry, but there's no one else to blame for the ongoing license issue. Cheetah's server was down when App world communicated the purchase.

I know the issues will be resolved (although he still hasn't responded to two of my emails but I understand he's busy and working on it), but I hope this spurs a change to how CheetahAce decides to protect his app as it is obviously not very effective from a customer standpoint.
    no. it wont.
    12-16-11 01:47 PM
    No it doesn't the word "Only" does not appear. what it says is,

The above does not clearly state it is for OS7 devices ONLY. The way it reads to the average person is that V4 includes support of OS7 and it is now on sale.

To YOU it means OS7 only but that is not clear to anyone else, the problem is you have poor communication skills and post things according to YOUR knowledge rather than being clear and unambiguous for those who do not know what YOU know.

The simple addition of the word "ONLY" to that sentence would have prevented any confusion.

And it is not like you are unaware of the issue with App world and eve mobihand incorrectly identifying upgrades as being compatible with peoples phones when they are not.

A simple check of your own app post in App world would have shown you that it was showing a long list of phones that are not OS7 phones as being compatible with V4. So either you didn't even bother to take that simple step or you don't care if people buy it and it doesn't work on their phones, just as long as you get the money.
    when you submit an app to app world you select what os's it will appear on / compatible list. obviously i selected os7. app world has a bug apparently where it shows up on some os6 devices. most ppl are read the text and figured it out. i got a lot emails informing me there was an issue because v4 showed up on their os6 app world. i got 11 sales from ppl who have an os6 device. yes 11. about 6 of them wrote me. the other 5 come to forums and cry. stupid.
    12-16-11 01:55 PM
    Let's see? is that a test? Let's see if i answer your email right away...
    No it isnt a test so stop making it into something it isnt. I just want the app to work as it should without me having this issue that my activation license isnt valid.

If you dont answer my email straight away thats fine bud, im not going to get involved in some silly e-fight with you lol.
    12-16-11 01:56 PM
    Still after 24 hrs of updating the app and paying £2 for it, it still doesnt want to activate.

So im sat here wondering what in gods name is the developer doing to get this problem fixed??

Sent an email first thing this morning but as of yet no reply.

As you can imagine im getting highly pissed off now as to why the **** this app is no longer working as it should.

Ive done everything in this thread and still no go...probably the worst upgrade ive ever had the misfortune of doing so far and i own quite a few bb apps and none have given me any issues when updating...**** poor showing on the developers behalf quiet evidently.

Same thing here. Had it working for about 30min, then was kicked to activation screen and haven't been able to get passed that since.
    12-16-11 01:56 PM
    This is what the first line saids ...
    "Version 4 Now Available for OS7 Devices! ON SALE NOW!!"
    Where do you see the word "Only"?

Also, have you try click on the "Supported Device" dropdown on the side? What do you see on that list?

Not trying to rock your boat here ... but you are standing on a very thin line in blaming the customer not reading your mind.

Instead of blaming the customer, can you do something positive about this?
    Yea i did do something about this when i noticed you wrote a review stating i 'Falsely advertised".
    12-16-11 01:57 PM
    Still after 24 hrs of updating the app and paying �2 for it, it still doesnt want to activate.

So im sat here wondering what in gods name is the developer doing to get this problem fixed??

Sent an email first thing this morning but as of yet no reply.

As you can imagine im getting highly pissed off now as to why the **** this app is no longer working as it should.

Ive done everything in this thread and still no go...probably the worst upgrade ive ever had the misfortune of doing so far and i own quite a few bb apps and none have given me any issues when updating...**** poor showing on the developers behalf quiet evidently.
    you sent an email this morning? i just woke up now. what's your email address?
    12-16-11 01:59 PM
    screen capture wont send to BBM contact if you are using bbm beta 6.1?
    12-16-11 02:04 PM
    finally get the key ... horay .... but for the payment twice unsolved ... can't find a way for complaint @ BlackBerry - App World Help ... maybe someone can help me ...thnks

btw what size for wallpaper menu quicklaunch ? i'm using 9810 ... thnks
    use any size. but if you want it too look like crop it to the dimensions of your ql window size
    12-16-11 02:05 PM
    Cheetah,

Question for you. I understand you have many emails to go through regarding QL4 and am willing to wait patiently for you to get to mine to send me the version with out the Universal Search so it will work on my 9930.

If I originally purchased QL from the Crackberry App Store/Mobihand could I re-download my old QL v3.9 from there to use until I receive the Universal Search-less v4.0? Or would that cause me issues?

Thanks for your help.
    12-16-11 02:06 PM
    Despite, his not yet having acknowledged it, he appears to have made a significant change. For some reason the new version does not suffice with the initial verification (in fact in the past, I believe it accepted my license even when I was off-line) but checks somewhat regularly (I haven't figured out precisely when yet but it appears to be at least after each battery pull) making it dependent on his server functioning or else we all get booted out. Not a practical approach, sorry.
    nope wrong. works the same way it has for years. not going to change it either. and your assesment is also wrong.
    12-16-11 02:07 PM
    no. it wont.
    when you submit an app to app world you select what os's it will appear on / compatible list. obviously i selected os7. app world has a bug apparently where it shows up on some os6 devices. most ppl are read the text and figured it out. i got a lot emails informing me there was an issue because v4 showed up on their os6 app world. i got 11 sales from ppl who have an os6 device. yes 11. about 6 of them wrote me. the other 5 come to forums and cry. stupid.
    Simple yes or no answer. No games.
    Are you going to help those 11 customer (me included) to get QL working on our OS6 device or not?
    12-16-11 02:15 PM
    Cheetah,

Question for you. I understand you have many emails to go through regarding QL4 and am willing to wait patiently for you to get to mine to send me the version with out the Universal Search so it will work on my 9930.

If I originally purchased QL from the Crackberry App Store/Mobihand could I re-download my old QL v3.9 from there to use until I receive the Universal Search-less v4.0? Or would that cause me issues?

Thanks for your help.
    shouldnt be too long. i only have about 50 emails left. down from over 2000. could be quicker if any of those 50 are rude. get the 3.9. universal search less version will be submitted tomorrow so mon or tue.

don't buy apps from mobihand
    skynny70 likes this.
    12-16-11 02:15 PM
    No it isnt a test so stop making it into something it isnt. I just want the app to work as it should without me having this issue that my activation license isnt valid.

If you dont answer my email straight away thats fine bud, im not going to get involved in some silly e-fight with you lol.
    Then maybe you should refrain from making statements such as 'highly pissed off'. Basically i dont care if you or anyone else is highly pissed off. Issues happen in software. I take care of them. I provide lots of free updates. I put the app on sale often. When impatient people say / do dumb things or get irrational cuz there is a issue then their emails go to the bottom of the list. And when i say i dont care it doesnt mean 'i couldnt give a crap' it means im busy and i dont have time to 'worry' about this one rude/ranting individual when i have 300 other polite, understanding, patient customers who say thanks.

I dont do this for money. i do it because it's fun. If the haters cant wait till i get to their email or they dont like it because the app doesnt mute the camera or they cant read etc that fine. i dont care. im still going to do it my way. take it or leave it.
    12-16-11 02:30 PM
    shouldnt be too long. i only have about 50 emails left. down from over 2000. could be quicker if any of those 50 are rude. get the 3.9. universal search less version will be submitted tomorrow so mon or tue.

don't buy apps from mobihand
    Hey - can you and other developers push RIM to make App World work over WiFi? That seems like such a logical feature to have.

I typically do usually buy my apps from App World. The only Mobihand purchases I have made recently were those I had to upgrade from apps I bought long ago.
    12-16-11 02:32 PM
    Hey - can you and other developers push RIM to make App World work over WiFi? That seems like such a logical feature to have.

I typically do usually buy my apps from App World. The only Mobihand purchases I have made recently were those I had to upgrade from apps I bought long ago.
    i'm still trying to get them to fix the invalid code issue they've had since april 1st 2009
    12-16-11 02:39 PM

i'm pretty sure the new app world (3.1) works over wifi
    skynny70 likes this.
    12-16-11 03:01 PM
    For those who did not see it earlier in the thread if you originally purchased Quick Launch from Mobihand you can reload that version from there to use until the 4.0 non-Universal Search version is released for those with OS versions that have that glitch.

Or you can upgrade your OS.

I restored my old v3.9 and have my trusty app back!
    remmy00 likes this.
    12-16-11 03:10 PM
    Yea i did do something about this when i noticed you wrote a review stating i 'Falsely advertised".
    yeah?! What did you do? found a way to remove negative review on AppWorld?
    That's just prefect, it completely flush my confidence in the AppWorld review system and your integrity to the drain if that's the case.

I start having the feeling that you have no plan in helping those who have bought QL thinking that it will work on OS6.

Anyway, even thought it was a review made under extreme frustration. I still stand by what I said. It is "Falsely Advertised" !!!

1. The page shown v4... but we only get v3 => Falsely Advertised.
    2. The app is not even working, not to mention all the cool features your described on AppWorld ==> Falsely Advertised.
    3. OS6 devices are on the Supported Device list on the AppWorld page ==> Falsely Advertised.
    4. Required device software required list on the AppWorld page is "Smartphone: 4.2.0 or higher" ==> Falsely Advertised.

Which part of the "Falsely Advertised" you don't agree again?!

If you want to treat this as a hobby, offer your stuff for free. Then you can tell people to shut-up ... take it or leave it.
    If you want to treat this as a business and make some money, treat it accordingly.
    12-16-11 03:13 PM
    i'm pretty sure the new app world (3.1) works over wifi
    Is that the version currently in Beta?
    12-16-11 03:14 PM
    For those who did not see it earlier in the thread if you originally purchased Quick Launch from Mobihand you can reload that version from there to use until the 4.0 non-Universal Search version is released for those with OS versions that have that glitch.

Or you can upgrade your OS.

I restored my old v3.9 and have my trusty app back!
    When I tried to do this via the CrackBerry App Store (which is bsically Mobihand) it stated that it wasnt available anymore.

Stuck with an OLD OLD backup right now... ack.

Have sent a couple emails and (of course) tried all the methods posted above in this thread... still getting the license error.
    12-16-11 03:16 PM
    The 3.1 was jsut released publicly.

Check the main page for the link.

(I even loaded that one and still getting the license issue)
    skynny70 likes this.
    12-16-11 03:18 PM
    When I tried to do this via the CrackBerry App Store (which is bsically Mobihand) it stated that it wasnt available anymore.

Stuck with an OLD OLD backup right now... ack.

Have sent a couple emails and (of course) tried all the methods posted above in this thread... still getting the license error.
    Huh, I did the same and was sent the link to v3.9 to download.
    12-16-11 03:18 PM
    Went live today!
    12-16-11 03:19 PM
    Huh, I did the same and was sent the link to v3.9 to download.
    go here
    RROYY - APPLICATIONS
    and download app world it should work
    12-16-11 03:24 PM
662 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD