App world pricing issues? RIM's fault
    OS bugs? RIM's fault
    App World showing incorrect compatibility? RIM's fault
    Ongoing license issues caused by CheetahAce's choice of pirating prevention method? CheetahAce's fault

Sorry, but there's no one else to blame for the ongoing license issue. Cheetah's server was down when App world communicated the purchase.

I know the issues will be resolved (although he still hasn't responded to two of my emails but I understand he's busy and working on it), but I hope this spurs a change to how CheetahAce decides to protect his app as it is obviously not very effective from a customer standpoint.
    hbshmoe likes this.
    12-16-11 09:21 AM
    This version of QL has the most number of bugs
    1. does not accept the license code
    2.keeps crashing randomly, causing the phone to freeze up- something that has never occurred on my Bold 9900
    3.Randomly refuses to accept the license code after accepting it the first time
    4.Found the earlier version of QL to be far more stable.I think this version has been introduced prematurely.
    12-16-11 09:26 AM
    This version of QL has the most number of bugs
    1. does not accept the license code
    2.keeps crashing randomly, causing the phone to freeze up- something that has never occurred on my Bold 9900
    3.Randomly refuses to accept the license code after accepting it the first time
    4.Found the earlier version of QL to be far more stable.I think this version has been introduced prematurely.
    Did you read this thread from beginning ?

It clearly says that this 4.0version is for OS7 devices only, not for OS5 that your phone runs.
    12-16-11 09:41 AM
    IDK if you're trolling bro, or just playing smart. 9900 is an OS7 device.
    12-16-11 09:47 AM
    App world pricing issues? RIM's fault
    OS bugs? RIM's fault
    App World showing incorrect compatibility? RIM's fault
    Ongoing license issues caused by CheetahAce's choice of pirating prevention method? CheetahAce's fault

Sorry, but there's no one else to blame for the ongoing license issue. Cheetah's server was down when App world communicated the purchase.

I know the issues will be resolved (although he still hasn't responded to two of my emails but I understand he's busy and working on it), but I hope this spurs a change to how CheetahAce decides to protect his app as it is obviously not very effective from a customer standpoint.
    I have been using Ql almost since the day it was released without an issue with the license but now you are demanding he make changes to be more effective? Really?
    12-16-11 09:56 AM
    I have been using Ql almost since the day it was released without an issue with the license but now you are demanding he make changes to be more effective? Really?
    Asking (not demanding, like you state) for changes to be more effective from a customer standpoint? Absolutely! When a protection system causes more problems for paying customers than pirating customers, that's a big problem.
    Last edited by 9900_Fan; 12-16-11 at 10:29 AM.
    hbshmoe likes this.
    12-16-11 10:25 AM
    The app description says os 7 only. first sentence. it's also categorized as an os 7 device only app so it should only appear on phone with os 7.
    No it doesn't the word "Only" does not appear. what it says is,

Version 4 Now Available for OS7 Devices! ON SALE NOW!!
    The above does not clearly state it is for OS7 devices ONLY. The way it reads to the average person is that V4 includes support of OS7 and it is now on sale.

To YOU it means OS7 only but that is not clear to anyone else, the problem is you have poor communication skills and post things according to YOUR knowledge rather than being clear and unambiguous for those who do not know what YOU know.

The simple addition of the word "ONLY" to that sentence would have prevented any confusion.

And it is not like you are unaware of the issue with App world and eve mobihand incorrectly identifying upgrades as being compatible with peoples phones when they are not.

A simple check of your own app post in App world would have shown you that it was showing a long list of phones that are not OS7 phones as being compatible with V4. So either you didn't even bother to take that simple step or you don't care if people buy it and it doesn't work on their phones, just as long as you get the money.
    slgta likes this.
    12-16-11 10:39 AM
    Asking (not demanding, like you state) for changes to be more effective from a customer standpoint? Absolutely! When a protection system causes more problems for paying customers than pirating customers, that's a big problem.
    None of Nikkisofts groupies appear to have a problem with the app "phoning home" on a regular basis. And disabling the app if it can't reach home.
    12-16-11 10:41 AM
    Take a look at this link. what does it say in the 1st sentence? Buy QuickLaunch - Download QuickLaunch - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

go back and reread this thread. you'll find assurance in there. multiple times.
    This is what the first line saids ...
    "Version 4 Now Available for OS7 Devices! ON SALE NOW!!"
    Where do you see the word "Only"?

Also, have you try click on the "Supported Device" dropdown on the side? What do you see on that list?

Not trying to rock your boat here ... but you are standing on a very thin line in blaming the customer not reading your mind.

Instead of blaming the customer, can you do something positive about this?
    12-16-11 10:54 AM
    None of Nikkisofts groupies appear to have a problem with the app "phoning home" on a regular basis. And disabling the app if it can't reach home.
    I'm one of his so called "groupies" and I'm having issues, but I'm not jumping up and down screaming saying he's terrible, or he planned this. I'm just waiting paitently till I get it fixed. You guys need to get a grip and realize no one could have forseen this. I don't blame him for having his work well protected. You can thank tools who hack security codes and all that for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 10:58 AM
    i just installed this version. omg, is FULL of bugs :|
    12-16-11 10:58 AM
    And for the people clammoring about the whole os7 only crap, he's always done it this way. If some other dev was to post aan app that said now available for os7 and it was a new version, I would assume it's only for os7, but I guess that's where my common sense steps in. I'm just tired of reading these people bashing over an unforeseen problem at release, or the fact people who need things POINTED out clearly and need someone to hold their hand while reading. Is cheetah a little abrasive and just won't put up with most of the crap, yes, and I applaud him for that. He should allow everyone to walk all over him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    andyahs likes this.
    12-16-11 11:09 AM
    Despite, his not yet having acknowledged it, he appears to have made a significant change. For some reason the new version does not suffice with the initial verification (in fact in the past, I believe it accepted my license even when I was off-line) but checks somewhat regularly (I haven't figured out precisely when yet but it appears to be at least after each battery pull) making it dependent on his server functioning or else we all get booted out. Not a practical approach, sorry.
    Danf likes this.
    12-16-11 11:16 AM
    I ain't nobody's groupie and he has every right to protect his software from those who decide it should be free.
    dirtybird072 likes this.
    12-16-11 11:36 AM
    And for the people clammoring about the whole os7 only crap, he's always done it this way.
    And that is one of the problems. As I pointed out he is fully aware of the problems of "always doing it that way" causes. But continues to "do it that way" anyway. The question is WHY?
    12-16-11 11:38 AM
    I ain't nobody's groupie and he has every right to protect his software from those who decide it should be free.
    Not at the expense of those who legally purchased the app and are subject to being unable to use it because of his protection scheme.

There is no valid reason that the app needs to phone home regularly after it has once been activated.
    12-16-11 11:39 AM
    And that is one of the problems. As I pointed out he is fully aware of the problems of "always doing it that way" causes. But continues to "do it that way" anyway. The question is WHY?
    A majority of the community doesn't have this issue of reading and figuring out things on their own, just a handful of them. Regardless, people aren't going to read descriptions and buy the app/theme whether or not it's going to work for their phone. So, what's the point in that?
    12-16-11 11:44 AM
    Regardless, people aren't going to read descriptions and buy the app/theme whether or not it's going to work for their phone. So, what's the point in that?

Are you really saying that since SOME people will buy the wrong app regardless then there is no need for the developer to be clear and unambiguous about his app and what devices it is for?

If so I would say you and your idol are on the same wavelength.
    12-16-11 12:25 PM
    Are you really saying that since SOME people will buy the wrong app regardless then there is no need for the developer to be clear and unambiguous about his app and what
    devices it is for?

If so I would say you and your idol are on the same wavelength.
    I see it all the time. I've been around here long enough to see multiple times. It isn't his fault that app world allowed them to buy the wrong version. People would buy themes all the time that wouldn't work with their phone.

And as far as him being my "idol", get a grip on yourself. I'm just fed up with people's stupidity when it comes to common sense. He's not my idol and never will be my idol.
    12-16-11 12:42 PM
    The version issue is primarily App World's fault, regardless of the wording of the app description. The one thing fully under his control however is the licensing mechanism built into his app.
    12-16-11 12:47 PM
    I spoke to soon. QL 4.0 was working properly all morning but just got "invalid license" again.
    12-16-11 12:48 PM
    Did you read this thread from beginning ?

It clearly says that this 4.0version is for OS7 devices only, not for OS5 that your phone runs.
    you should follow your own advice -- his message clearly states that he owns a 9900 -- OS7 device -- his stats on his profile aren't accurate. just sayin'.
    12-16-11 01:33 PM
    Still after 24 hrs of updating the app and paying �2 for it, it still doesnt want to activate.

So im sat here wondering what in gods name is the developer doing to get this problem fixed??

Sent an email first thing this morning but as of yet no reply.

As you can imagine im getting highly pissed off now as to why the **** this app is no longer working as it should.

Ive done everything in this thread and still no go...probably the worst upgrade ive ever had the misfortune of doing so far and i own quite a few bb apps and none have given me any issues when updating...**** poor showing on the developers behalf quiet evidently.
    12-16-11 01:40 PM
    Nevermind found the email for Cheetah, lets see if he fixes my activation license problems...
    Let's see? is that a test? Let's see if i answer your email right away...
    12-16-11 01:42 PM
    finally get the key ... horay .... but for the payment twice unsolved ... can't find a way for complaint @ BlackBerry - App World Help ... maybe someone can help me ...thnks

btw what size for wallpaper menu quicklaunch ? i'm using 9810 ... thnks
    12-16-11 01:44 PM
662 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD