Before deleting & re-downloading everything, taking out your sd card, or rubbing your tummy & patting your head at same time, can someone try this quickly?

I need someone who purchased QL4 from AW for $1.99, plus has tried the Refresh List unsuccessfully, and still gets the error.

1. Open App World, navigate to My World.
    2. Scroll down to QuickLaunch, open it.
    3. Perform ALT+RST: While holding down the ALT key, type the 3 letters R, S, T.
    4. App World will freeze, then close. (Might close right away or stay frozen for minutes first)
    5. Wait a minute, then re-open App World.
    6. Open My World, scroll down to QuickLaunch and open it.
    7. Scroll down to end of main summary page, check License Key under Support Details at bottom.
    8. Click ESC key to return to My World.
    9. Go to Home Screen, open QuickLaunch.
    10. Enter activation code from Step 7.
    I'm in!!!!!! That worked for me..or the servers came up or something
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-15-11 05:23 PM
    .....Now that the license key is back up and working, I re-tried everything you mentioned about the shake option and it's just not popping up in QL options still.
    How'd you get your license key working again? A new one or an old one? in which country
    12-15-11 05:24 PM
    How'd you get your license key working again? A new one or an old one? in which country
    I live in the US and when he posted on here that the servers were back up and working I just retried my key and it worked. That was like 3 hours ago. New one on bold 9930.
    hbshmoe likes this.
    12-15-11 05:26 PM
    I'm happy for you. Doesn't seem to be working for most people though. I just wish I could get the previous version back! This is the first time my BB has not had QL installed.
    hbshmoe likes this.
    12-15-11 05:29 PM
    I'm happy for you. Doesn't seem to be working for most people though. I just wish I could get the previous version back! This is the first time my BB has not had QL installed.
    Your phone came in the mail or from the store with it installed? Jeeze didn't know RIM backed this product so much.. [; Just messin w/ ya :P
    12-15-11 05:32 PM
    My only complaint remains that he hasn't offered us a way to return to the reliable v3. Many of us have used it for years. We were happy to pay for it again to support CA's efforts. Instead of offering a work around until this is resolved, he gone on the offensive blowing off our frustrations.
    It was CA who set up the new version to, apparently, require that both his own server and Appworld function properly. I appreciate the need for security; but it shouldn't be at the cost of basic functionality.
    Even RIM had the decency to apologize (sort of) when they blew it....
    My only complaint is that you are impatient.
    Do you have any idea how many customers I have? Do you have any idea how many bugs app world has? Wanna take a guess at how many emails I got in the last 10 minutes? Every version of QL has worked the same for the last 3 years. It has always worked this way. The same thing happened a year ago when my server was hacked and noone could use QL. The issue will be fixed. You should know that if you've had ql for 'years'. Did you see how many posts I have? Out of all those posts maybe 3 of them were not related to support of my apps. Stop posting because you are wasting my time if you've already deleted the app.

If app world's solution doesn't work then I handle the issue manually when people email me like I've done over 100 times in the last hour.

And no.. i dont care if you dont like this post and wont buy my apps again. thanks
    andyahs, abass, Elite1 and 4 others like this.
    12-15-11 05:32 PM
    Before deleting & re-downloading everything, taking out your sd card, or rubbing your tummy & patting your head at same time, can someone try this quickly?

I need someone who purchased QL4 from AW for $1.99, plus has tried the Refresh List unsuccessfully, and still gets the error.

1. Open App World, navigate to My World.
    2. Scroll down to QuickLaunch, open it.
    3. Perform ALT+RST: While holding down the ALT key, type the 3 letters R, S, T.
    4. App World will freeze, then close. (Might close right away or stay frozen for minutes first)
    5. Wait a minute, then re-open App World.
    6. Open My World, scroll down to QuickLaunch and open it.
    7. Scroll down to end of main summary page, check License Key under Support Details at bottom.
    8. Click ESC key to return to My World.
    9. Go to Home Screen, open QuickLaunch.
    10. Enter activation code from Step 7.
    Nope, didn't work for me - my activation code remained the same and still gives me "invalid license".
    12-15-11 05:33 PM
    FYI.. Tried this method as well as deleting QL itself rebooting reinstalling etc etc. So far nothing as worked... still getting the Invalid License Key error.
    12-15-11 05:33 PM
    Do you have any idea how many customers I have? Do you have any idea how many bugs app world has? Wanna take a guess at how many emails I got in the last 10 minutes? Every version of QL has worked the same for the last 3 years. It has always worked this way. The same thing happened a year ago when my server was hacked and noone could use QL. The issue will be fixed. You should know that if you've had ql for 'years'. Did you see how many posts I have? Out of all those posts maybe 3 of them were not related to support of my apps. Stop posting because you are wasting my time if you've already deleted the app.

If app world's solution doesn't work then I handle the issue manually when people email me like I've done over 100 times in the last hour.

And no.. i dont care if you dont like this post and wont buy my apps again. thanks
    Go easy on my friend. For your info, WB convinced me and two others who worked with us (and probably more) to buy your program (it is a good program). Notwithstanding your frustration, it would behoove you to remember the adage "the customer is always right".

Regarding you email response, one person from our office emailed you around 9:30 this morning and has yet to receive a solution that works or even a temporary one.
    merp23 likes this.
    12-15-11 05:40 PM

The issue is people in our day and age think that because they spent $5 on an app, you should be praising them as if they just made you the happiest person on earth.

People don't realize that you have 1,000's of customers who are encountering problems and it's not like you are just laying back sipping coffee and laughing at the issues going on. You are sitting there probably exhausted at working your @ss off fixing them.

You guys need to chill out, there are 1,000's of app developers out there who would have given up and just ignored EVERYONE at this point, but he is still going strong.

If it weren't for all of his customers than he would have had to sell this app at like $100 a pop in app world if he wanted to have a chance at making back all of the money he has spent in time and energy developing this app.

You guys need to be more patient, it has been an entire day and he has fixed A LOT within that day and a lot of it wasn't even his fault.

It may be difficult for you guys as it is the one app we use on our phone so much on a daily basis so even a few hours without it is inconvenient. BUT THAT'S JUST IT INCONVENIENT. He has saved all of us so much time on a daily basis by developing this app so cut him some slack. Things aren't always an instant fix, he is obviously working diligently to fix it. If you guys are actually mad at him about all of this or at how slow/fast he is responding or WHATEVER then you seriously have issues. CHILL OUT, he knows what he is doing and he will fix it.

Cheetah, just want to let you know that most of us appreciate everything you are doing/have done. Those few people who are ******** and moaning are not an example of the majority of us.

<3 ya Cheetah!

AND

Regarding you email response, one person from our office emailed you around 9:30 this morning and has yet to receive a solution that works or even a temporary one.
    You realize that about 20 of us were UP at like 3am this morning when all of this started happening right? 9:30 may seem early to send an email, but he probably had about 400 emails by that time, just cut him some slack man :/
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-15-11 at 05:47 PM.
    12-15-11 05:43 PM
    Go easy on my friend. For your info, WB convinced me and two others who worked with us (and probably more) to buy your program (it is a good program). Notwithstanding your frustration, it would behoove you to remember the adage "the customer is always right".

i have over 1000 emails left
    12-15-11 05:44 PM
    it would behoove you to remember
    I think his "behooviour" is caused by how hard he is working to resolve the issue. Elite1 said I should be patient and I'm going with that advice
    12-15-11 05:47 PM
    FyI: It's spotty. I was in then about 10 mins later I got the activation screen, now I'm back in.
    CHEETAH-- whatver you are doing keep at it. Thank you very very VERY much for your dedication and diligence at working on this. Many of us are reading your posts and willing to try out your solutions so please don't let the haters distract you.
    12-15-11 05:52 PM
    I have the Bold 9930 with one convenience key. What is the best way to use QL and Vlingo in this limited (i.e., one convenience key) setup?
    You can set spacebar to launch QuickLaunch, it is a setting within the application.
    Yep in QL Options you can set SPACE, Q, Z, X, or any other letter without a native shortcut already associated.
    This requires your BB's Home Screen Preferences be set to Launch by Typing: Application Shortcuts, instead of Universal Search.

You can buy an app called SixTools which basically will turn your volume control buttons in to convenience keys.
    The same dev also has an app called ExtraKeys. It's $1 less and still adds Mute, Volume Up & Down as 3 Conv Keys, but has none of SixTools' other features.
    12-15-11 06:04 PM
    going to play tennis now. back in a few hrs
    abass likes this.
    12-15-11 06:47 PM
    Does not launch. Only an error message concerning one of the app modules.
    12-15-11 06:47 PM
    Wait a minute!? The man actually has a life outside of programming and CrackBerry?! Who'da thunk!
    12-15-11 06:50 PM
    Chill people. He'll be back and all will be fixed soon:

Elite1, mughni and kccman like this.
    12-15-11 07:02 PM
    Really hope this issue gets fixed soon and appreciate the work the developer is doing to get this resolved. Patience.
    12-15-11 07:38 PM
    i understand patience is needed, but on top of all that "invalid license" issues and "not connecting" situations, and while a few of you vigorously defend Cheetah here, please don't forget that there are many including myself (and others here) that were lead to believe this program would work on os6 as well as 7 and paid for it. We have voiced this here over and over and have not received even one message from Cheetah regarding his plans to compensate those who were mislead by the app world description / screwup, leading to frustration on this side of the business as well. When you are all up and running and happy, what about us? People in our situation are probably just looking for assurance that they are not forgotten or being ignored, and that we will be taken care of once the crisis has passed. Again, most understand this is a mini disaster for Cheetah and time is needed, but we all have different issues that need to be met.
    12-15-11 07:46 PM
    If I was to PM or contact your support, would u be able to generate a new license key to see if that resolves my 'invalid license' problem?? I've tried all the appworld tricks.
    12-15-11 07:57 PM
    I'd sure like the OS6 version for my way overworked 9800, too. I've never met Cheetah, but I think he's a hard worker and quite ambitious, just based on what I've seen here and a few emails with his support line re other matters.
    So, when the poor guy gets his head above water, I suspect he'll let everybody know if and when the OS6 group can buy a version of this update.
    I do know this: without QL, I'd like my BB a whole lot less, and the version I'm using works pretty well. In the meantime, he can keep my $2.
    Breathe.
    12-15-11 08:09 PM
    I strongly suggest that he should just keep the rest of us updated in his 1st post, something like status/progress update just to keep new same old complains from coming in. People need to know the fact that wether they have QL 3.0 or 4.0 they will still get invalid license issue because its coming from his hosting site which was hacked yesterday. They are working to restore them progresively as we speak, some like me have already been fixed, others like you will still have to wait for a lil while.

Chill out and be patient.

But status update would be good for us.
    12-15-11 08:34 PM
    To clear cache in app world without having to reinstall them is by holding alt + RSTRST, this may help to refresh server cache.
    Last edited by n4rd; 12-15-11 at 08:57 PM.
    12-15-11 08:37 PM
    To clear cache in app world without having to reinstall them is by holding alt + RSTRST, this may help to refresh server cache.
    For ALT+RST you just type RST once while holding down ALT, not twice.
    Full (overly) detailed instructions in my post a page or two back.
    12-15-11 09:15 PM
662 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD