That a typo?
    Yes. I meant app world
    12-15-11 04:35 PM
    Before deleting & re-downloading everything, taking out your sd card, or rubbing your tummy & patting your head at same time, can someone try this quickly?

I need someone who purchased QL4 from AW for $1.99, plus has tried the Refresh List unsuccessfully, and still gets the error.

1. Open App World, navigate to My World.
    2. Scroll down to QuickLaunch, open it.
    3. Perform ALT+RST: While holding down the ALT key, type the 3 letters R, S, T.
    4. App World will freeze, then close. (Might close right away or stay frozen for minutes first)
    5. Wait a minute, then re-open App World.
    6. Open My World, scroll down to QuickLaunch and open it.
    7. Scroll down to end of main summary page, check License Key under Support Details at bottom.
    8. Click ESC key to return to My World.
    9. Go to Home Screen, open QuickLaunch.
    10. Enter activation code from Step 7.
    Last edited by elite1; 12-15-11 at 04:40 PM.
    mughni likes this.
    12-15-11 04:38 PM
    Originally Posted by CheetahAce
    ....... If that doesn't work then try deleting QL from my world, uninstall aw, remove sdcard, reinstall aw, download QL. reinsert sdcard. It's preferrable to actually download QL from App world online but that works better and solves a lot of app world problems including not getting activation codes, the 30200 error and other persistent app world app issues.
    That didn't work. Your joking about uninstalling Appworld right? Should we reload the OS too?! Ridiculous! Please just tell us how to downgrade to v3 which worked, or offer an alternative way to get a code that works.
    Would you believe that I just wasted another half hour and (1) deleted QL from my world, (2) uninstalled aw, (3) removed sdcard, (4) reinstalled aw, (5) downloaded QL. (6) reinserted sdcard. ....and I am still getting the invalid license error!

Please tell me how to downgrade back to old, reliable v 3!
    12-15-11 04:38 PM
    That didn't work. Your joking about uninstalling Appworld right? Should we reload the OS too?! Ridiculous! Please just tell us how to downgrade to v3 which worked, or offer an alternative way to get a code that works.

We use QL to save time, not to become IT professionals.

Sorry about the sharpness of my words; just a bit frustrated. Your program has been useful for many years. I even beta tested for you way back but this is ridiculous.
    yea i'm joking. please pay me another $4.99. thanks
    12-15-11 04:44 PM
    I have v7.0.0.296
    There's an issue with earlier 7.0 builds not cooperating with QL4's new feature to add Universal Search items.
    You must either:
    1. Update your OS to 7.0.0.5xx; or
    2. Email Nikkisoft support and request to be sent a version without new US featiure.
    12-15-11 04:46 PM
    Before deleting & re-downloading everything, taking out your sd card, or rubbing your tummy & patting your head at same time, can someone try this quickly?

I need someone who purchased QL4 from AW for $1.99, plus has tried the Refresh List unsuccessfully, and still gets the error.

4. App World will freeze, then close. (Might close right away or stay frozen for minutes first)
    7. Scroll down to end of main summary page, check License Key under Support Details at bottom.
    That doesn't work either.
    12-15-11 04:46 PM
    Have you adjusted the app's Permissions?
    � With QL loaded on BB, open Options app. Type "app", select Application Management.
    � Type "quicklaunch" and highlight the QL entry but do NOT click it.
    � Ensure the version showing for QL is 4.0.
    � Click MENU key (i.e. BB logo button), select Edit Permissions. Change all Permissions to Deny.
    � Click ESC key (back arrow to right of trackpad) and Save if/when prompted. Next you'll be asked to Reboot Device, please do so.
    � After reboot, repeat steps again, this time changing all Permissions to Allow. ESC & Save.
    � Simultaneously press & hold ALT+SHIFT+DEL to initiate a reboot again.
    � After this reboot, see if QL is now working again.

Did that resolve your issues?
    I tried this to see if it fixed my problem (phone freezing when attempting to use QuickLaunch when shakelaunch is enabled) and got nothing, well except a free reboot.

Previously I did go ahead and delete the app and reinstall and did get the app to work. However, once I enabled shake launch again it started the freezing thing. So what good is an upgraded app if the upgrades don't work and cause problems with my phone?

Any other ideas?
    12-15-11 04:47 PM
    yea i'm joking. please pay me another $4.99. thanks
    Old news. I actually did it since then and it still doesn't work. I give up. I am deleting QL. It was a good program while it lasted. Keep the change.
    12-15-11 04:49 PM
    There's an issue with earlier 7.0 builds not cooperating with QL4's new feature to add Universal Search items.
    You must either:
    1. Update your OS to 7.0.0.5xx; or
    2. Email Nikkisoft support and request to be sent a version without new US featiure.
    I want to update my software but I have a mac and unfortunately for me, i cant find a way to do that. All the releases that are out have all been for windows.
    12-15-11 04:50 PM

Hey Elite. I've been watching this thread and not posting, as I figured CA would get this figured out.
    I just tried the RST method and I still get invalid license.
    I also uninstalled QL and re-installed QL and invalid license too.
    I have OS 7.0.0.585 on my 9810.
    12-15-11 04:50 PM
    Old news. I actually did it since then and it still doesn't work. I give up. I am deleting QL. It was a good program while it lasted. Keep the change.
    Cool! thanks.
    12-15-11 04:51 PM
    Cool! thanks.
    Least you can do is hit the thanks button
    CheetahAce likes this.
    12-15-11 04:54 PM
    Hey @Cheetah, would you by chance be able to post a screenshot of where in options "enable shakelaunch" is? I see it when I select the app, but it says that it needs to be enabled in the options, which is where I'm not seeing it.

Thanks again

EDIT: I'm beginning to think that today will be the day that Cheetah quits making apps forever :'(
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-15-11 at 05:02 PM.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    12-15-11 04:56 PM
    I've tried everything listed in this thread and still get the invalid license error. I've given up and I'm just going to eat the $2 and uninstall the program. This really upsets me since I've always loved this app!
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    12-15-11 04:59 PM
    I still get invalid license, even after following CheetahAce's instructions.

CheetahAce, I know you're frustrated but could you please give more guidance? Some of us are still patiently waiting... thanks!
    12-15-11 05:00 PM
    Hey @Cheetah, would you by chance be able to post a screenshot of where in options "enable shakelaunch" is? I see it when I select the app, but it says that it needs to be enabled in the options, which is where I'm not seeing it.

Thanks again
    screenshots are in first post and again several pages back
    12-15-11 05:01 PM
    I want to update my software but I have a mac and unfortunately for me, i cant find a way to do that. All the releases that are out have all been for windows.
    Steve Jobs is still trying to control you!

You need to partition your hard drive or create a virtual Windows environment.
    You can do this with programs like Bootcamp or VMWare Fusion. (I think there might have been a free program from Google too�)

Then you DL DM for Windows, DL the OS, and install it like everyone else!
    12-15-11 05:03 PM
    screenshots are in first post and again several pages back
    Okay, so it's supposed to be above wallpaper changer. It's not there though. Instead of making it so it's only there when you make an app require it, can you just make it so it is always on the options screen? There has to be some error going back and forth thinking that I have nothing set to shake when really I do. I have tried taking shake off and then putting it back on and also tried it with multiple apps as well.

Thanks again, everything is running perfectly except this. Really liking the wallpaper changer being built in too
    12-15-11 05:05 PM
    I have the Bold 9930 with one convenience key. What is the best way to use QL and Vlingo in this limited (i.e., one convenience key) setup?
    You can buy an app called SixTools which basically will turn your volume control buttons in to convenience keys.
    12-15-11 05:07 PM
    Seruously, these people that are just thinking he's doing this on purpose are crazy. I've dealt with him a lot and I know he's not sitting on his hand doing nothing. He's given us thing to try, and they haven't worked. The problem will get resolved soon. It's frustrating having your brain trained to do everything thru QL, but it's just an inconvience, not a life or death mater. Back away from the phone people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    abass, Elite1, tsells and 1 others like this.
    12-15-11 05:07 PM
    That doesn't work either.
    I tried this to see if it fixed my problem (phone freezing when attempting to use QuickLaunch when shakelaunch is enabled) and got nothing, well except a free reboot.

Previously I did go ahead and delete the app and reinstall and did get the app to work. However, once I enabled shake launch again it started the freezing thing. So what good is an upgraded app if the upgrades don't work and cause problems with my phone?

Any other ideas?
    Hey Elite. I've been watching this thread and not posting, as I figured CA would get this figured out.
    I just tried the RST method and I still get invalid license.
    I also uninstalled QL and re-installed QL and invalid license too.
    I have OS 7.0.0.585 on my 9810.
    Thanks for trying & responding guys.
    Sorry for wasting more of anyone's time, but thought it was worth a shot since that resolves so many AW problems.
    12-15-11 05:08 PM
    Okay, so it's supposed to be above wallpaper changer. It's not there though. Instead of making it so it's only there when you make an app require it, can you just make it so it is always on the options screen? There has to be some error going back and forth thinking that I have nothing set to shake when really I do. I have tried taking shake off and then putting it back on and also tried it with multiple apps as well.

Thanks again, everything is running perfectly except this. Really liking the wallpaper changer being built in too
    read the posts after the shake screenshots were posted
    12-15-11 05:09 PM
    Seruously, these people that are just thinking he's doing this on purpose are crazy. I've dealt with him a lot and I know he's not sitting on his hand doing nothing. He's given us thing to try, and they haven't worked. The problem will get resolved soon. It's frustrating having your brain trained to do everything thru QL, but it's just an inconvience, not a life or death mater. Back away from the phone people.

My only complaint remains that he hasn't offered us a way to return to the reliable v3. Many of us have used it for years. We were happy to pay for it again to support CA's efforts. Instead of offering a work around until this is resolved, he gone on the offensive blowing off our frustrations.
    It was CA who set up the new version to, apparently, require that both his own server and Appworld function properly. I appreciate the need for security; but it shouldn't be at the cost of basic functionality.
    Even RIM had the decency to apologize (sort of) when they blew it....
    Last edited by wbbeinuni; 12-15-11 at 05:19 PM.
    12-15-11 05:15 PM
    If you have done a back up or os upgrade over the past month, you'll have it.

12-15-11 05:19 PM
    read the posts after the shake screenshots were posted
    I was the one who posted the screenshots showing that shake wasn't working.. I just went back and re-read them again and tried everything that you suggested but it's not showing up still, there is only take a screenshot above the wallpaper cycle option.

I was the one who was going back and forth with you on the issue until our license key stopped working so I could no longer explain the issue and the conversation changed.

Now that the license key is back up and working, I re-tried everything you mentioned about the shake option and it's just not popping up in QL options still.

regards,

Alex
    12-15-11 05:19 PM
662 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD