CheetahAce did say the server is back up and a refresh of the list in app world was required - sadly that hasn't worked for me.
    Patience, my friend!

I know this is frustrating, but give CheetahAce a few minutes (ok maybe a bit more) to figure out what's wrong now that he fixed the last problem on his end.

It's a safe bet that AW is to blame, but despite that CA is doing all he can to fix this for everyone ASAP.
    Trust me, he doesn't want to be bombarded by complaints!
    Last edited by elite1; 12-15-11 at 03:44 PM.
    Pilchard likes this.
    12-15-11 03:28 PM
    Oops. My bad. Thought that this was device wide, not just for 7.
    No worries!
    I know several users on a 9700 or 9780 were offered v4 by AW, then downgraded to v3.0 or 3.4 when they actually DL'ed it.
    Just didn't want to see same happen to you!
    12-15-11 03:31 PM
    Thanks, elite1. Ended up buying it in BB App World.
    12-15-11 03:32 PM
    Patience, my friend!

......Trust me, he doesn't want to be bombarded by compliants!
    Right. Plus the program is getting bombarded in the comments page of AppWorld while the problem persists. Nobody appreciates buying a program that works for a short time and then stops; people who replaced their working v3.9 with a v. 4 for $2 that doesn't work must be even more unhappy.
    shrewsburysq likes this.
    12-15-11 03:37 PM
    Hi Elite,
    I already have my carrier and devise model mentioned in my profile.
    Wonder what are you referring to. but thanx for the update, i will keep a check on the thread.
    regards
    The site works a little funny for that. You have a public profile separate from your info you entered when you signed up for the site.
    Here's what your profile shows. (Compare to poster below you.)

First go to your profile by clicking that big CB logo beside your name in a post or by clicking your name in top right corner of screen where it says "Hello, mughni."
    Select the About Me tab in your profile. Beside each item click the little pencil icon to add/edit info there.
    Last edited by elite1; 12-15-11 at 03:46 PM.
    mughni likes this.
    12-15-11 03:40 PM
    The internet Gods of course.. I know that Cheetah and BBuzz aren't related in any way. Unless BBuzz saw QL do it and everything went over fine and decided HEY! Let's make some money! IDK, I just find it weird that BBuzz randomly comes out with an incremental upgrade that costs $3 less than 24 hours QL did it. I mean all that BBuzz added was an individual BBM contact feature and a text-to-speech feature (that actually costs $.99 a month --> I don't feel like that should be in a paid for upgrade.. An upgrade that you are forced to pay monthly to use the feature AFTER paying to upgrade)
    BBuzz did that? interesting ...
    12-15-11 03:40 PM
    Glad to see that you are up and online. Are you fixing the problem for those of us who upgraded from v3 to 4 last night and now have nothing? or can you give us instructions to downgrade back to v3? you can keep my extra $1.99, just give me a working program that isn't dependent on your server and appworlds functioning properly like the old QL that we all love and count on!
    12-15-11 03:46 PM
    Yeah, I feel like it was just going to be an incremental upgrade, but once they saw you do it and charge for it, they did the same.. Pulled out from mobihand and charged for the upgrade to those who purchased it previously in mobihand or in app world. They literally ONLY added the ability for individual BBM's to light up... That was the only upgrade ultimately, but they charged $2.99 for the upgrade.. They charged even more than you did and their upgrade was nothing in comparison to what you added. Disappointing really :/

Oh and the reviews for BeBuzz all recently are just people complaining about how you have to pay for the upgrade that added one feature that we have been asking for since day 1. It really seems to have hurt BeBuzz's reputation. :/
    12-15-11 03:47 PM
    Yeah, I feel like it was just going to be an incremental upgrade, but once they saw you do it and charge for it, they did the same.. Pulled out from mobihand and charged for the upgrade to those who purchased it previously in mobihand or in app world. They literally ONLY added the ability for individual BBM's to light up... That was the only upgrade ultimately, but they charged $2.99 for the upgrade.. They charged even more than you did and their upgrade was nothing in comparison to what you added. Disappointing really :/

Oh and the reviews for BeBuzz all recently are just people complaining about how you have to pay for the upgrade that added one feature that we have been asking for since day 1. It really seems to have hurt BeBuzz's reputation. :/
    Bellshare pulled their apps from Mobi in early November..........nothing sinister going on here.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-15-11 03:50 PM
    Glad to see that you are up and online. Are you fixing the problem for those of us who upgraded from v3 to 4 last night and now have nothing? or can you give us instructions to downgrade back to v3? you can keep my extra $1.99, just give me a working program that isn't dependent on your server and appworlds functioning properly like the old QL that we all love and count on!
    Couldn't have said it better.
    12-15-11 03:52 PM
    The site works a little funny for that. You have a public profile separate from your info you entered when you signed up for the site.
    Here's what your profile shows. (Compare to poster below you.)

First go to your profile by clicking that big CB logo beside your name in a post or by clicking your name in top right corner of screen where it says "Hello, mughni."
    Select the About Me tab in your profile. Beside each item click the little pencil icon to add/edit info there.
    Ok that was interesting, did as you said and updated the profile.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-15-11 03:53 PM
    Those who purchased last night from mobihand need to get App World to ping my server and notifiy it of a purchase. App World support tells me just doing a refresh from my world will do the trick. If that doesn't work then try deleting QL from my world, uninstall aw, remove sdcard, reinstall aw, download QL. reinsert sdcard. It's preferrable to actually download QL from App world online but that works better and solves a lot of app world problems including not getting activation codes, the 30200 error and other persistent app world app issues.
    12-15-11 03:54 PM
    I'm still having the problem of attempting to run QL freezing my phone. Curve 9350 running 7.0.0.400. I'm hesitant to uninstall and attempt to reinstall after hearing of others who have then been forced to pay again. Any thoughts?
    12-15-11 03:54 PM
    Yeah, I feel like it was just going to be an incremental upgrade, but once they saw you do it and charge for it, they did the same.. Pulled out from mobihand and charged for the upgrade to those who purchased it previously in mobihand or in app world. They literally ONLY added the ability for individual BBM's to light up... That was the only upgrade ultimately, but they charged $2.99 for the upgrade.. They charged even more than you did and their upgrade was nothing in comparison to what you added.
    Bellshare pulled their apps from Mobi in early November..........nothing sinister going on here.
    Plus I know for a fact that the Bellshare beta team had been testing the BeBuzz update since before QL4 launched, and it was already called BeBuzz v5 at that point.

I've passed on upgrading my BeBuzz for now until I have a chance to review the update a bit more. I'm definitely not paying $3 to add a service with a monthly charge that I don't want.
    But to be fair, there are a few other updated features too.

But back on topic everyone!
    12-15-11 04:00 PM
    I didn't say that they JUST pulled it from Mobi? The other stuff I said is what is kind of stupid.. The biggest part they are pushing is the ability for voice-talk which is actually a monthly plan.. It seems stupid to have to pay for an upgrade that is so minor.
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-15-11 at 04:06 PM.
    12-15-11 04:03 PM
    ....... If that doesn't work then try deleting QL from my world, uninstall aw, remove sdcard, reinstall aw, download QL. reinsert sdcard. It's preferrable to actually download QL from App world online but that works better and solves a lot of app world problems including not getting activation codes, the 30200 error and other persistent app world app issues.
    That didn't work. Your joking about uninstalling Appworld right? Should we reload the OS too?! Ridiculous! Please just tell us how to downgrade to v3 which worked, or offer an alternative way to get a code that works.

We use QL to save time, not to become IT professionals.

Sorry about the sharpness of my words; just a bit frustrated. Your program has been useful for many years. I even beta tested for you way back but this is ridiculous.
    12-15-11 04:04 PM
    Those who purchased last night from mobihand need to get App World to ping my server and notifiy it of a purchase.
    That a typo?
    12-15-11 04:08 PM
    Whoever has the secure api issue tell me your os pls
    I read in the forums to send you a direct message for help with this issue but your box is full and won't let me. I am seeing this error when I try to launch QL but I am running OS 7.0.0.254 not .261 on a Bold 9930.

Any tips as to what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks so much for your help and I love your app.
    12-15-11 04:09 PM
    I just bought this for my 9900 and I can't get the program to start. I followed the instructions that was emailed to me and yet this does not work. The Error that I am getting is "Error starting QuickLaunch: Module 'QuickLaunch-2' attempts to access a secure API". Please help me.
    12-15-11 04:15 PM
    Troy Aikman uses QL. pretty cool.
    Elite1 and andyahs like this.
    12-15-11 04:16 PM
    Thanks Cheetah, it's up and working for me now. But I went to check out to see if the shake feature was fixed now but it's still not popping up in the options menu.. I even took off the shortcut I had set, and put it back up with the feature enabled. Any idea whats going on?
    Have you adjusted the app's Permissions?
    � With QL loaded on BB, open Options app. Type "app", select Application Management.
    � Type "quicklaunch" and highlight the QL entry but do NOT click it.
    � Ensure the version showing for QL is 4.0.
    � Click MENU key (i.e. BB logo button), select Edit Permissions. Change all Permissions to Deny.
    � Click ESC key (back arrow to right of trackpad) and Save if/when prompted. Next you'll be asked to Reboot Device, please do so.
    � After reboot, repeat steps again, this time changing all Permissions to Allow. ESC & Save.
    � Simultaneously press & hold ALT+SHIFT+DEL to initiate a reboot again.
    � After this reboot, see if QL is now working again.

Did that resolve your issues?
    12-15-11 04:18 PM
    I just bought this for my 9900 and I can't get the program to start. I followed the instructions that was emailed to me and yet this does not work. The Error that I am getting is "Error starting QuickLaunch: Module 'QuickLaunch-2' attempts to access a secure API". Please help me.
    What's your current OS version? 7.0.0.261 by any chance?
    12-15-11 04:20 PM
    What's your current OS version? 7.0.0.261 by any chance?
    I have v7.0.0.296
    12-15-11 04:23 PM
    Hello there,

Tried everything in the above posts. Removed memory card, redownloaded etc. Still saying invalid license. Running .530 on blackberry 9360.

Please advise. This is getting a bit ridiculous now

Is nikkisoft issuing refunds. I've emailed directly and still no response?

Thanks,

Titan

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-15-11 04:32 PM
    Those who purchased last night from mobihand need to get App World to ping my server and notifiy it of a purchase. App World support tells me just doing a refresh from my world will do the trick. If that doesn't work then try deleting QL from my world, uninstall aw, remove sdcard, reinstall aw, download QL. reinsert sdcard. It's preferrable to actually download QL from App world online but that works better and solves a lot of app world problems including not getting activation codes, the 30200 error and other persistent app world app issues.
    Still doesn't work. I can't dl from app world online, but did it exactly like that and it is still giving me the invalid license error.
    12-15-11 04:32 PM
662 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD