I love this app, however, I am not going to upgrade. Not until this whole thing is worked out.
    Hey Heavy! Haven't run into you on here for a while�

You're still on 9650 as per your profile, correct?
    If so, QL4 is only released for OS7 devices, even if AW seems to offer it to you.

So yes, do NOT upgrade QL on your 9650 yet!

I'm sure Cheetah will post an entirely new thread (ex. "QuickLaunch 4.0 Now Released for OS6 Devices") here in the Apps Forum once QL4 is released for OS6 BB's.
    12-15-11 02:29 PM
    It does not appear to be available at ShopCB which is still showing 3.9 in My Apps.
    12-15-11 02:33 PM
    Still getting "Invalid License" message when trying to activate. What is the next step?
    12-15-11 02:38 PM
    Hello cheetahace,

Tried to refresh list and use provided licence key. Still not working here in ontario canada. I'm on Rogers if that makes any difference. Is it still gonna take time for the fixes to run throughout the network?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Titan

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-15-11 02:41 PM
    Same here after refreshing app world , even deleted and reinstalled and still getting invalid code
    12-15-11 02:44 PM
    Tried everything to get this bloody update to work...deleted, reinstalled...refreshed app world but nothing!!!...getting pissed now as i rely on this app to work and updating to the latest version hasnt worked since buying it this morning.

GRRRRRRRRRR
    12-15-11 02:44 PM
    Refreshed App World list, rebooted, still no valid license for me too. Verizon in New Hampshire.
    12-15-11 02:45 PM
    Has anybody checked CPU usage on this version? The previous version had a very small footprint, but this one looks like it could be more of a drain on the battery. I'll probably buy it, but I'd like to know about its potential impact on battery life.
    no. actually it's not a battery drain. QL periodically checks server for activation. that sends about 30 bytes of data. by comparison going to the google homepage is over 50000 bytes.
    12-15-11 02:46 PM
    OK... got it up and running. So I assume actually no v 4 for OS6?

m
    12-15-11 02:47 PM
    Server is back up now.
    QL should activate for most people. If it doesn't and you purchased in the last 24 hrs from app world just do a 'Refresh' in My World. That will hit my server and you should be good to go.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I have refreshed my list in My World but I am still getting the "Invalid License" message. Should I now be concerned?
    12-15-11 02:49 PM
    it would be great if we could get a status update..this is pretty poor communication.
    especially that i'm finding out that data keeps on going back and forth from my phone to quicklaunch servers randomly throughout the day to check if it's licence.
    What kind of data privacy is that!?

Don't say dumb things please.
    12-15-11 02:49 PM
    just woke up. going to eat then i'll be back. im hoping not to come back to posts that make me angry. thanks
    12-15-11 02:55 PM
    I am still getting invalid license error. I have refreshed but it didn't seem to work for me. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    12-15-11 02:57 PM
    Originally Posted by CheetahAce
    Ok... the secure api issue is a confirmed os .261 / .240 bug regarding universal search. this took me 17 hours to figure out with beta tester help.
    RIM fixed this issue in .540 so what i'll probably do is update app world tomorrow with a bug fix version and in the update email i'll say something like
    "QL4 isnt compatible with .261 and .540 fixes it and if you don't want to load .540 then email me and i will send a universal search-less version."
    I am in this scenario, how do I get the universal less version??? E-mail has been sent to Support earlier today.

I am also in the same situation. I look forward to hearing from support to resolve this problem.
    I am in the same boat, but I am running OS .250 on a BB 9900 (T-Mobile). Please help asap!
    12-15-11 02:58 PM
    Even at checkout?

Didn't think so.
    Yes it was $1.99
    12-15-11 03:01 PM
    no. actually it's not a battery drain. QL periodically checks server for activation. that sends about 30 bytes of data. by comparison going to the google homepage is over 50000 bytes.
    Hey, I don't care about this at all obviously, just out of curiosity though I have a question.

So if I am somewhere that I don't have service or wifi, QuickLaunch will stop working after a while until I finally get back into an area where I have service? (And I mean like being out of service for say a while like if I go up to Canada or something and turn Verizon off so I don't get long distance. If my phone isn't connected to wifi or my service, does that mean that QL will stop working after a while until service is re enabled?)

Thanks again Cheetah!
    12-15-11 03:02 PM
    Hi Cheetah,
    I bought QL version 4 from app world which at first was working perfectly with the provided key but when i tried to access it after some time it started asking for the key again which i entered but now its not accepting the original key. my BB pin is 27fa7c28.
    please help.
    12-15-11 03:06 PM
    I am in the same boat, but I am running OS .250 on a BB 9900 (T-Mobile). Please help asap!
    Upgrade your OS or contact Nikkisoft support for a copy of the app wothout the new Universal Search functions.

It's the older OS + the new US features that together cause the issue.
    12-15-11 03:09 PM
    I am still getting invalid license error. I have refreshed but it didn't seem to work for me. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    same here. delete v3.7.3 ... refresh appworld, reinstall v3 from appworld .... still get "invalid license" error.

help please.
    12-15-11 03:12 PM
    Hi Cheetah,
    I bought QL version 4 from app world which at first was working perfectly with the provided key but when i tried to access it after some time it started asking for the key again which i entered but now its not accepting the original key. my BB pin is 27fa7c28.
    please help.
    That's exactly what the last several pages are about, for the most part.

Stand by and keep watching the thread for an update.

PS As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    mughni likes this.
    12-15-11 03:12 PM

PS As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

Hi Elite,
    I already have my carrier and devise model mentioned in my profile.
    Wonder what are you referring to. but thanx for the update, i will keep a check on the thread.
    regards
    12-15-11 03:19 PM

CheetahAce did say the server is back up and a refresh of the list in app world was required - sadly that hasn't worked for me.
    12-15-11 03:19 PM
    It does not appear to be available at ShopCB which is still showing 3.9 in My Apps.
    Hey JCP, the CB Superstore is a "storefront" for Mobihand.
    Because of MH's cashflow issues, they have not being paying back developers for apps sold.

Devs like Nikkisoft, Bellshare, and Shao-soft have pulled their apps from MH.
    This will NOT be available from the CB app store / MH.

So you must re-purchase from App World to upgrade beyond v3.9.
    It's on sale for $1.99, which is the same as the upgrade price even if you had previously bought from AW.
    12-15-11 03:20 PM
    Hey Heavy! Haven't run into you on here for a while�

You're still on 9650 as per your profile, correct?
    If so, QL4 is only released for OS7 devices, even if AW seems to offer it to you.

So yes, do NOT upgrade QL on your 9650 yet!

I'm sure Cheetah will post an entirely new thread (ex. "QuickLaunch 4.0 Now Released for OS6 Devices") here in the Apps Forum once QL4 is released for OS6 BB's.
    Oops. My bad. Thought that this was device wide, not just for 7.
    12-15-11 03:26 PM
    Fixed for me.
    12-15-11 03:28 PM
662 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD