please help CheetahAce ... ihave buy ql.4.0 ...but don't get @ key...what what should i do .... and cut off my credit card twice: (
    realy realy need help from nikkisoft or CheetahAce
    12-15-11 11:32 AM
    I have been using Quick Launch for about 1 year with my PIN , it was full y activated, when i pressed the space bar to day it asked me to activate the product and the key that has always worked now isnt working, also when i enter the details it tells me not found.
    Can you tell me why this is happening please
    Just to be clear are you saying that the quicklaunch installation you have had installed for a year was asking for the license key and now will not work?
    12-15-11 11:40 AM
    Ugh. My new Code stopped working.

Weird huh?

Like the new one I got. It worked at first then it randomly won't accept it anymore..

EDIT: I'm bad at reading so just ignore me~
    12-15-11 11:41 AM
    max.. from what i can tell, 3.7.3 is the last version us os6's should have.
    12-15-11 11:42 AM
    Just to be clear are you saying that the quicklaunch installation you have had installed for a year was asking for the license key and now will not work?
    It is an issue with all versions of QL. I have not upgraded and my several year old license key is invalid today.
    12-15-11 11:42 AM
    my 3.7.3 still works and has shown no problems through all of this..
    12-15-11 11:44 AM
    max.. from what i can tell, 3.7.3 is the last version us os6's should have.
    I had 3.7.3, from Mobihand, then foolishly bought what I assumed would be 4.0 from Appworld. Appworld installed 3.0.0, so now I suspect I'm stuck! But as I my activation code is refused, in a sense it doesn't matter.

m
    12-15-11 11:47 AM
    It is an issue with all versions of QL. I have not upgraded and my several year old license key is invalid today.
    Sounds like Quicklaunch "phones home" then.
    project_x likes this.
    12-15-11 11:47 AM
    Thanks, not sure why it deactivated itself but they you go its activated again now
    12-15-11 11:56 AM
    i hear ya Max.. but i am shocked it let you downgrade to 3.0. my blackberry kept giving an error code, like it was refusing to downgrade or something luckily for me.
    12-15-11 11:58 AM
    Just wondering if the price of $1.99 is temporary for current Mobihand customers?
    12-15-11 12:09 PM
    I love this app, however, I am not going to upgrade. Not until this whole thing is worked out.
    12-15-11 12:28 PM
    Ok... the secure api issue is a confirmed os .261 / .240 bug regarding universal search. this took me 17 hours to figure out with beta tester help.
    RIM fixed this issue in .540 so what i'll probably do is update app world tomorrow with a bug fix version and in the update email i'll say something like
    "QL4 isnt compatible with .261 and .540 fixes it and if you don't want to load .540 then email me and i will send a universal search-less version."
    I am in this scenario, how do I get the universal less version??? E-mail has been sent to Support earlier today.
    12-15-11 12:40 PM
    Bah, dealt with all of this last night, figured it would be fixed by morning, understandable that it's not tho.. Just ended up having to pay $2.99 to upgrade BeBuzz which was really just a tiny upgrade... I feel like they planned this >.>
    12-15-11 12:49 PM
    Bah, dealt with all of this last night, figured it would be fixed by morning, understandable that it's not tho.. Just ended up having to pay $2.99 to upgrade BeBuzz which was really just a tiny upgrade... I feel like they planned this >.>
    Who's they?
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-15-11 12:51 PM
    i hear ya Max.. but i am shocked it let you downgrade to 3.0. my blackberry kept giving an error code, like it was refusing to downgrade or something luckily for me.
    I also got an error code. And, thinking I was more intelligent than a machine, I uninstalled my 3.7.3 QL and then installed the "v 4" from App World, which turned out to be v 3.0.0. Brilliant.

m
    12-15-11 01:00 PM
    Who's they?
    The internet Gods of course.. I know that Cheetah and BBuzz aren't related in any way. Unless BBuzz saw QL do it and everything went over fine and decided HEY! Let's make some money! IDK, I just find it weird that BBuzz randomly comes out with an incremental upgrade that costs $3 less than 24 hours QL did it. I mean all that BBuzz added was an individual BBM contact feature and a text-to-speech feature (that actually costs $.99 a month --> I don't feel like that should be in a paid for upgrade.. An upgrade that you are forced to pay monthly to use the feature AFTER paying to upgrade)
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-15-11 at 01:07 PM.
    12-15-11 01:02 PM
    Originally Posted by CheetahAce
    Ok... the secure api issue is a confirmed os .261 / .240 bug regarding universal search. this took me 17 hours to figure out with beta tester help.
    RIM fixed this issue in .540 so what i'll probably do is update app world tomorrow with a bug fix version and in the update email i'll say something like
    "QL4 isnt compatible with .261 and .540 fixes it and if you don't want to load .540 then email me and i will send a universal search-less version."
    I am in this scenario, how do I get the universal less version??? E-mail has been sent to Support earlier today.

I am also in the same situation. I look forward to hearing from support to resolve this problem.
    12-15-11 01:37 PM
    CheetahAce,

Purchased in App World this morning and everything was running fine for about 30 min. All of a sudden I got sent back to the activation screen and it's not accepting the code App World provided. Can you help out?

FYI: Tried to submit via your site, but your support form doesn't seem to be working...
    12-15-11 01:41 PM
    Anyone having trouble with their activation code last night should try it again. I entered mine this morning and it went through without a problem.
    12-15-11 01:53 PM
    Update: I just got a reply from their support (guess the form did work), seems they are having problems with the server that handles the activations. Said to give it a try in a couple hours.
    12-15-11 02:05 PM
    Wow, I must be one of the only guys who was able to pay $1.99 within hours of AW releasing QL4, or who has QL4 onboard and has not had any server / license error.

LET ALONE BOTH!

Is this why my family calls me "Ferris Bueller"?
    12-15-11 02:12 PM
    Server is back up now.
    QL should activate for most people. If it doesn't and you purchased in the last 24 hrs from app world just do a 'Refresh' in My World. That will hit my server and you should be good to go.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    12-15-11 02:12 PM
    Just wondering if the price of $1.99 is temporary for current Mobihand customers?
    The reality is that there's no way for App World to discern who is or isn't a previous Mobihand purchaser of QL.
    So if you've never purchased QL from AW before, yes the $1.99 price is a temporary promotion.
    (Only CheetahAce can educate us on exactly how temporary.)
    12-15-11 02:17 PM
    Server is back up now.
    QL should activate for most people. If it doesn't and you purchased in the last 24 hrs from app world just do a 'Refresh' in My World. That will hit my server and you should be good to go.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thanks Cheetah, it's up and working for me now. But I went to check out to see if the shake feature was fixed now but it's still not popping up in the options menu.. I even took off the shortcut I had set, and put it back up with the feature enabled. Any idea whats going on?
    12-15-11 02:27 PM
662 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD